Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: RE: Nokia Belle in Australia

Advisor
Joshuatron

RE: Nokia Belle in Australia

Dear Nokia and anyone who will listen.
This is completely unacceptable. I, like many others in Australia, have been waiting anxiously for the Nokia Belle update only to have now been told it will not be available in Australia. This is pathetic Nokia, I've spent months upon months waiting for this update with open arms. I've put up with the constant delays and the neverending **bleep** that came with it and I've STILL kept open arms waiting for it. I didn't think it could much worse after waiting for 3 and a half months for a late Anna update, but then I find out it has gotten worse, I'd rather it be late than non-existent. This, Nokia, is pathetic and unacceptable. I've always been an avid Nokia fan and have had no phones other than Nokia phones and until now, have had no issues or disappointments. Oh how this has changed!
Yours angrily, Josh.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jamo128

They cheated us again. They might of well of said that Australia wont get it at all.

I wanted this update and its the whole reason i got a X7.... Know i cant get it and i feel like returning or selling my phone. My faith in the company is near 0 at the moment
Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga

And they cant even tell us why...

Considering the E7's have not even been available for 12 months yet it is still covered under its warranty. As i understand consumer law and U.N. law on consumer protection. Products sold are suposed to be Fully covered for sales, service and maintance, which includes updates for at least the guarantee/warranty period of the product.

The least nokia could do is to explain why we are not getting it.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jamo128

Personally i think they should let us return our phones and get one that already has belle. But hey like they would ever happen.

Give us a reason Nokia, or you will have alot more Australians waking up in a few hours time just to see that the whole country is basically blacklisted form getting the update.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Joshuatron

maybe we could get enough angry Australian's on this thread to make them give us an update. The only reason I didn't flash it at the start of January is because I was willing to wait. Apparently that was all in vain. If Nokia can give us an explanation then that's great, if not then they'll have many angry Aussie's to deal with.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
rar63a

Fair Dinkum Nokia!!! What the hell?  Not even an explanation!! My N8 is a "vanilla", surely it can be updated?  Never owned anything but Nokia since the 5110. I've been loyal to nokia, I don't feel like Nokia is being loyal to me. -- Not even an explanation!!

Come on Nokia!!!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
CameronS

[ Edited ]

I too am totally stunned and angry to hear of this decision. Nowhere in any of the Belle upgrade news was there any indication that Australia (and some other countries) would not get the upgrade. I have constantly defended my N8 from users of other phones, who take great delight in repeating the media reviews that Symbian is dead. My reply has been to support Nokia's line that since the release of Symbain^3, despite public announcements of it being dropped by Nokia, there are ongoing updates. We've had two of those within the last 12 months, and were promised Belle (possible the last update).

Now, without any warning or explanation we are left out!! TOTALLY unacceptable! Is this why Telstra were selling unlocked new N8's at a big discount last week? Don't I look foolish, gullible and angry for buying one (after being assured that it could be upgraded)!!

PS Could someone pm info on how to unofficially/hypothetically get Belle onto my brand new (still under warranty) N8? At least help me get rid of the Nokia fingers pointing/Michelangelo startup image (and the Telstra image) so that I'm not constantly reminded of how angry I am at Nokia each time I have to regularly restart my phone...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ninjapanda

Could J_Lo_ or an international nokia representative please comment as to the reason an entire continent has been barred from getting an update that had been promised. What is the technical hurdle that prevents us from using Belle but allows people from other countries with phones running Belle to come in to the country and use the product successfully.

I purchased my n8 shortly after the Symbian Belle presentation in ~August last year after feeling reassured there would be no issue updating in the new year. The three month Anna delay was a disappointment, the lack of any attempt at all to provide a major software update is a disgrace.

Eagerly awaiting a response! 

Please use plain text.
zeelx470

I think this N8 will be my last Nokia. I am fed up!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
bullocha

Time to embarrass Nokia into providing a response.

This thread, and others relating to the debacle has been sent to various print, television and online media outlets.

I would encourage you all to do the same.  Hopefully someone will run a story on it, and Nokia might have to at least provide some comment.

Please use plain text.
Sage
andrewaussie

[ Edited ]

I am considering class action as i have herd that they are wating to release the lumina series first.

I GOT IT... well not belle just an idea, lets all send our phones in bulk to nokia NZ and get there firmware flashed onto our beloved nokias. they iwill be damn shocked to see a box of all australian variants wanting to jump country because life is better over sea's. (the only influx of australians NZ may ever see)              

Please use plain text.
Advisor
krisyyc

Us Canadians are in the same boat. Nokia has completely abandoned Canada.
Please use plain text.
Sage
andrewaussie

sorry my canadian friend, i feel you frustration.
all we can do is defend our rights. good luck to the canadians
Please use plain text.
Advisor
krisyyc

Our Anna update was delayed by almost 4 months as well. Nokia doesn't give a rats **bleep** about us. I want to write somebody at Nokia to complain, but can't seem to find a customer contact anywhere. My cellular carrier is useless.
Please use plain text.
Sage
andrewaussie

i just made a breakthrough with nokia australia. we will be getting belle, just ntot yet apparently there are a few tecnical issues that exist.

my hinie there are tecnical issues there just waiting till after the lumina series has been released if u ask me.
Please use plain text.
Sage
mobywil

Hi anybody, I'm from the Netherlands, so I have Belle on my N8. Reading your thread I have a couple of questions: Are in Australia phones with pre-installed Belle on the market and if yes, how are they working? Are in Australia persons with leaked Belle on their phones and how do these phones perform? Assuming that there is a positive answer on any of the aforementioned questions, My conclusion is that there is no carrier problem what so ever. In that situation the attitude of Nokia seems very strange to me and I'm just as curious as you all are to know the explanation of Nokia (Australia). 

Please use plain text.
Sage
andrewaussie

yes we have the nokia 700 avalible to purchase in australia.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
ninjapanda

mobywil wrote:

Hi anybody, I'm from the Netherlands, so I have Belle on my N8. Reading your thread I have a couple of questions: Are in Australia phones with pre-installed Belle on the market and if yes, how are they working? Are in Australia persons with leaked Belle on their phones and how do these phones perform? Assuming that there is a positive answer on any of the aforementioned questions, My conclusion is that there is no carrier problem what so ever. In that situation the attitude of Nokia seems very strange to me and I'm just as curious as you all are to know the explanation of Nokia (Australia). 

Hi Concerned Netherlandererer!

As mentioned Belle phones exist and work fine. Some people flashed their phones with Belle (not recommended by nokia) and they work fine for the most part. Oh and many phones here are fully unlocked and don't have carrier specific firmware. So your conclusion is absolutely correct! Which is probably why there has been no official reason as to why there is no update from Nokia. Now the question people should be asking is if this company are happy to simply ignore a whole country what makes you think it wont happen to your country next time, or to any future nokia device. Can you really put your faith and your money in to this company and their products?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
krisyyc

It's funny how Australia and Canada are treated almost exactly the same by Nokia. Our Anna release was about 4 months late too.

I've always said Canada and Australia were similar in many ways, I didn't think we'd share the same cold shoulder treatment from Nokia! haha
Please use plain text.
Contributor
rar63a

Australia & Canada have shared a common path for many years. English settlement, WWI, WWII, Korea, Now it seems we take on Nokia together,
Please use plain text.