Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: RE: Nokia Belle in Australia

Sage
mobywil

Hi everybody, the Canadians, who were deprived of the Belle update like you are, will get the Belle update for unbranded phones. It seems to me, that in Canada Nokia is bypassing the carriers with or without their approval. It is like Nokia has changed his policy. May be, there is a link to the introduction of the Lumia 900 on the American market. This move of Nokia will make Nokia more trustworthy. Cheers.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
bullocha

So, now Canada non-branded phones are getting Belle.

/t5/Software-Updates/Update-on-Nokia-Belle-for-Canada/td-p/1301117

I wonder if Nokia will take the same approach to Australian un-branded phones.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jamo128

if they do i will be happy,
But still no update for us. So we cant put to much faith in it atm.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
a340500

[ Edited ]

That is a good move.. But note that there are compatibility issues with existing software (angry birds, music file types and some others) Settings get reset too. Its not too bad though as you can expect issues following a major update such as Belle.

My US generic C7 feels alot more responsive but then again I have not gone through all the new features in as much detail.

I am still recovering from the fact of being deprived of Belle on my AU Vodafone N8.

I must say that the delay ( if that is true) maybe a good thing since I have only just gotten used to Anna 25.07 which was delayed too.

Hopefully by the time we do (wishful thinking) get Belle all the issues would be ironed out.

Cheers.

Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga

Something I would like to say here in regards to the apps like angry bird for instance.

Most of these apps were not designed or written by Nokia. They have been written by other people or companies such as in the case of angry birds it was made  by a company called roviomobile. if your apps is not functioning then you really should be contacting the manufacturer of the app concerned.

Just like computers when you change the OS (such as changing from windows vista to win7) you would need to go to the manufacturer of a piece of software or the component manufacturer to get the updates required to make the  device or app/program work again on the new OS.

It really is not Nokia issue that some app like angry birds or any other app for example doesnt work

Please use plain text.
Advisor
bjorn77

Got a tweet from Optus - they haven't received any word on the Belle update as yet.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
bullocha

bullocha wrote:

Time to embarrass Nokia into providing a response.

This thread, and others relating to the debacle has been sent to various print, television and online media outlets.

I would encourage you all to do the same.  Hopefully someone will run a story on it, and Nokia might have to at least provide some comment.

Well, one of the media outlets I contacted has published an article.

http://www.zdnet.com.au/nokia-skips-australia-in-symbian-belle-roll-out-339331369.htm

Please use plain text.
Advisor
ninjapanda

Twitter - Nokia Australia
There is huge interest in Nokia Belle in Australia and we will make the update available to Australian consumers, more info to follow soon

I think we may have had a small victory here ladies and gents! Only time will tell

Please use plain text.
missdeliarious

And from Nokia Australia on Facebook:

We're pleased to see that there is huge interest in Nokia Belle in Australia. We will be making the Nokia Belle update available to Australian consumers and will share further details shortly.
Please use plain text.
Sage
andrewaussie

i think ill take some kudos for that. since i spent an hr taking to nokia on the phone yesterday and i have been bugging telstra with constant emails :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Advisor
bjorn77

Go Andrew! Thanks!
Please use plain text.
Sage
andrewaussie

like heck i wanted a repeat of the anna debacle
Please use plain text.
Advisor
bullocha

[ Edited ]

bullocha wrote:

bullocha wrote:

Time to embarrass Nokia into providing a response.

This thread, and others relating to the debacle has been sent to various print, television and online media outlets.

I would encourage you all to do the same.  Hopefully someone will run a story on it, and Nokia might have to at least provide some comment.

Well, one of the media outlets I contacted has published an article.

http://www.zdnet.com.au/nokia-skips-australia-in-symbian-belle-roll-out-339331369.htm

And now another...

http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2012/02/nokias-belle-not-coming-to-the-aussie-ball/

Please use plain text.
Sage
andrewaussie

i recon they shoulda hedlined the artical AUSTRALIAS BELLE NOT INVITED TO THE BALL
Please use plain text.
Sage
andrewaussie

[ Edited ]

anyone seen this http://www.nokia.com/au-en/support/product/n8-00/ generic belle is now in australia

Please use plain text.
Ex-employee (retired)
skyee

Please use plain text.
Advisor
bjorn77

[ Edited ]

Hi Andrew, yeah the nokia page has listed belle as the most recent update for most of the day - before they announced it would come here. I thought they were just teasing and it was referring to foreign versions, but fingers crossed!

Thanks Skyee / Yvonne for keeping us up to date!

Please use plain text.
Sage
andrewaussie

Please use plain text.
Contributor
hasley

Looks like Australia, Canada, South Korea and Israel have been skipped. Wonder what we did? Sure South Korea only has one phone variant, but are the rest of us so evil? Are we frowned upon in Finland?
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Joshuatron

South Korea should have more reason. There is nearly no work to be done there. Get approval and get a varian out. Australia has about 20 variants. Oh well. This may be a bit late. But Belle is coming to Australia. :smileyvery-happy: I honestly think this angry of mine may have helped with that. Massive thanks for keeping us updated on this debacle andrewaussie. (:
Please use plain text.