Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: RE: Nokia Belle in Australia

Sage
andrewaussie

so its been a while since we have herd from the nokia team in australia about the rollout of belle. at the curent time all my sources have gone mums the word.. but the thing that makes me think we wont get bell till after the lumia phones have been launched in australia. my thoughts behind this come from the fact that he who must not be named tells me that the generic version of belle for au doesnt exist, yet the new zeland one is alive and well
Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga

andrewaussie wrote:
so its been a while since we have herd from the nokia team in Australia about the rollout of belle. At the current time all My sources have gone mums the word.. But the thing that makes me think we wont get bell till after the lumia phones have been launched in Australia. My thoughts behind this come from the fact that he who must not be named tells me that the generic version of belle for AU doesn't exist, yet the new Zealand one is alive And well

Agreed, after discussions today with Nokia. And based on what the carriers are saying And not saying And the fact that the update page is still saying belle in planning for all of Australia. I don't believe they have even started to write At all. They are probably busy trying to work out how they are going to do it.

It will be months And months, before we get it. Our chains have been yanked again, And we have ,in My opinion, been lied to, just to get us to be quiet for awhile. At this rate we might not even get it, after all who can be sure any more. The carriers are only saying its up to nokia And that they haven't received the update for testing, even though nokia have said to me today that they have finished writing it. Well I don't  believe it.

Either ALL of our carriers are lying or Nokia hasn't done what they have said they have. If they have started it then it Surely wouldn't be to hard to tell us where it has progressed too. But they don't And to date they are still only saying its in planning. Surely if it had been given to the carriers then it would say "waiting for approval"

No wonder you guys are loosing so much money you spend almost 4 weeks thinking about something that has already been done. Either tell us At what point the update is At for Australia, or we will know you have been lying to us

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Skywalker75

jraduga wrote:

andrewaussie wrote:
so its been a while since we have herd from the nokia team in Australia about the rollout of belle. At the current time all My sources have gone mums the word.. But the thing that makes me think we wont get bell till after the lumia phones have been launched in Australia. My thoughts behind this come from the fact that he who must not be named tells me that the generic version of belle for AU doesn't exist, yet the new Zealand one is alive And well

Agreed, after discussions today with Nokia. And based on what the carriers are saying And not saying And the fact that the update page is still saying belle in planning for all of Australia. I don't believe they have even started to write At all. They are probably busy trying to work out how they are going to do it.

It will be months And months, before we get it. Our chains have been yanked again, And we have ,in My opinion, been lied to, just to get us to be quiet for awhile. At this rate we might not even get it, after all who can be sure any more. The carriers are only saying its up to nokia And that they haven't received the update for testing, even though nokia have said to me today that they have finished writing it. Well I don't  believe it.

Either ALL of our carriers are lying or Nokia hasn't done what they have said they have. If they have started it then it Surely wouldn't be to hard to tell us where it has progressed too. But they don't And to date they are still only saying its in planning. Surely if it had been given to the carriers then it would say "waiting for approval"

No wonder you guys are loosing so much money you spend almost 4 weeks thinking about something that has already been done. Either tell us At what point the update is At for Australia, or we will know you have been lying to us

It's about time you guys at Nokia stopped with this nonsense and gave us Australian consumers the answers to our questions regarding the Belle update.

Enough is enough!

Please use plain text.
Employee
J_Lo_

Hi Everyone,

Please be assured that we will deliver on our promise to release Belle in Australia and New Zealand.  Our local team are working as hard as they can to prepare the release.  In the meantime, we appreciate your continued patience.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga

Thank you J-Lo. We appreciate that you have come on here again, and reassured us. I believe many of us including myself were loosing hope.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
sean86aus

It would be logical to think Nokia had no plans at all to release to Australia initially, or at all, and is only being forced by customer outrage and response. This may have something to do with the fact Nokia may have attempted to force existing customers to either purchase new devices already running Belle or Meego, but more than likely try to migrate users across to the Windows OS phone (most likely). Nokia must realise that existing Nokia customers, especially in Australia, do not want Windows OS phones, if that were the case they would have purchased HTCs and the like with that operating system. Also, due to many users having 2 year plans including the phone, users are not going to be purchasing new devices anyway.

Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga

it seems Nokia are still thinking about how to write the firmware for australia.

Ok. So according to some of the telco's you lot havent even got it finished enough to sent for testing. how hard can it be honestly.In fact its been so long now, i dont know that you should even bother to finish writing it. You have lost just about all the australian customers. Anyone whose not locked in to a plan will just buy something other than a nokia, and those who are loked in o a plan, i'm sure are speaking to their telcos now to get them to change it to another type of phone.

you lost many of them when you choose to discrimate against the country. you lost more because you cant answer any customers questions, more than saying yes you can or no you cant have it. (kerttu wake up to yourself, you are part of a communications company, one that should communicate things)

you lost even more because of the time it is taking to even just prepare it for testing by the telco's, and more still because you didnt learn from when anna was released, when australians kept asking for it. soemone would think that if we were keen to get anna why wouldnt we be keen to get Belle.

so that pretty much covers most australians. Next time you really wont have to worry about it, because you wont be selling anything here.!!!!

Its a pity because we all liked the product, just ashame about the lack of service, loyalty and respect given to us.

Mr Elop if you bother to read this you have people that need re-training or sacking, start in the marketing department. For a communication company you are all very bad at communicating with each other and with the customers.

See how quiet it is on the australian threads, no one can be bothered anymore. you blew it nokia

Please use plain text.
Contributor
sean86aus

I suppose the drive to Microsoft phone operating systems is being driven by the executive being an ex microsoft executive.. funny that.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
mangbecak

sooo......vodafone FINALLY updated their 'weekly software update'

http://blog.vodafone.com.au/blog/software-update-weekly-wrap-14032012/

something's moving...albeit at a snail's pace...

Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga

I dont know what is moving though. all that page confirms is that Nokia still havent finished the writing part of Belle. Which is what we understood from the other page that nokia advises of Belle in planning. It just means they havent finished finding out what everybody wants and then writing and completing in-house testing.

And yet Kerttu still cant even tell us that.!!!!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
sean86aus

Since Lumia is being advertised on nearly every bus stop, all over facebook and on tv etc. I don't think we'll see Bella for some time in Australia, why would they release Belle at the same time they are trying to move new devices. Who knows how many Lumias they are moving, but theres plenty of annoyed Symbian users, all good a well attracting the people who don't know much and are attracted to the microsoft thing, but the people who want symbian.. bad move.
Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga

Something i have noticed, is that vodaphone are reporting that there is already a nokia lumia update presented to them for testing. What about those people with existing devices. Says 2 things firstly the lumia is flawed to already have an update being tested. secondly nobody in nokia give a flying rats about existing customers. Unfortunately as soon as the new customers, the ones who bought the lumia's, realise, they will leave too. Sure some more might come along but honestly each time they do there will be less of them. Without providing the service levels that are expected in this country you will be forced to close out here, as no one will want you anymore.

There is a point of no return, and you are fast approaching it.

This update for the lumia has obviously been around for a little while now, so us all which clown released the phones without it already in installed. For a customer to buy this phone and immediately be given an update they have to wonder how good is the thing to start with. Great confidence builder....NOT..

Please use plain text.
Contributor
sean86aus

I've never before seen such aggressive marketing by Nokia, I suppose same as Apple with marketing software that isn't the best of the crop... if only they applied this kind of marketing to their Symbian devices and didn't produce as many different devices they wouldn't be going down the Windows OS path....
Please use plain text.
Contributor
sean86aus

I've noticed that N8 X7 software is waiting approval and the rest is under creation. Lumia sales appear to be quite strong (aggressive marketing) so there is no reason now for Nokia to withhold Belle in Australia., just don't understand why, initially, it wasn't going to be available.
Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga

sean86aus wrote:
I've noticed that N8 X7 software is waiting approval and the rest is under creation. Lumia sales appear to be quite strong (aggressive marketing) so there is no reason now for Nokia to withhold Belle in Australia., just don't understand why, initially, it wasn't going to be available.

it the E7 and X7's and also the telstra variant of the N8 that is under creation. all other N8's, c6 etc are waiting for approval. We were told that it was a marketing decision that it wasnt to be available in australia

Please use plain text.
Sage
brang1

[ Edited ]

really guys, it is obvious that the nok nok people are really only concerned with the Windows nokia phones now, and symbian has just become a crux that they Really do not want to bare anymore... get used to waiting, coz it will get worse before it gets better... symbian is becoming a dinosaur! Belle is really brilliant to run, i have had it on a n8 for months... but the Windows phones are really a treat to use

total state of confusion
Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga

brang1 wrote:
and look at you jraduga!!! a "PROFESSOR" now, man, i can remember back in the day when you were a councellor, or advisor or exhaust fitter or something, man... ya kids grow up too fast don't they

Hahaha, I guess we do. LOL....Good to see you back on here. I think i have almost worn out the finger tips posting here. Aw well the lumia 900 sounds interesting to me. But it will be about another year before i upgrade my E7.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jamo128

I will be far more interested in the windows 8 phone by then :smileywink:
i like the windows phone now, its just lacks some features i would rather have, such as bluetooth file sending etc.

Other then that, i play around with my friends windows 7 phone now, its so easy to use.

Please use plain text.
Sage
brang1

[ Edited ]

@jraduga      mate, nokia should bloody well give you one, you have been flying their flag for a long time... come to think off it, give me one too Nokia

total state of confusion
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
anf87

Really getting frustrated that we haven't recieved the belle update yet, but I'll be more patient if they give us a release date rather than "waiting for approval".
Please use plain text.