Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

RE: Nokia Belle in Australia

Tobus

Re: RE: Nokia Belle in Australia

[ Edited ]

andrewaussie wrote:
i just made a breakthrough with nokia australia. we will be getting belle, just ntot yet apparently there are a few tecnical issues that exist.

my hinie there are tecnical issues there just waiting till after the lumina series has been released if u ask me.

Hey Andrew.. is this true? Can you give any more details like who you spoke to and exactly what they said?... I'm planning to flash to a different country to get belle, if an official release is coming though I'll just wait it out

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jlangmaid

I hope your right Andrew. Like everyone else the Anna debarcle nearly had me converted to another company. If this Belle debarcle is true it will seal the deal for me.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
bullocha

An extract from Nokia Careline Australia's response to my email sent this morning:

<snip>

4. Now, Nokia Belle will not be available.
- Please be informed that as of the moment, we do not have anything to share regarding the availability of Nokia Belle in Australia. We will provide more information as soon as it becomes available.

Regards,

Crystal E.
Email Support Executive
Nokia Careline Australia

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
XxWWWSAMxX

lol.... here we go again.... i wonder whose fault it is this time o0? the carrier or nokia =/

i shall stick with my NZ belle :smileywink:
Australia and Canada are in the same boat once again so everyone should stop flaming Nokia until one has evidence its Nokia's end that is at fault.

goodluck guys and keep coercing them until they spit out info xP
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Joshuatron

it's amazing that the issues we've had as Australian's the Canadians have also had. We both got Anna at exactly the same time and now we're in the same boat for Belle. I retain this is pathetic from Nokia.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jamo128

Its quite clear that they don't care about us, so why should we ever get another one of there products? might as well close down the whole Australian market at this rate.
Please use plain text.
Sage
andrewaussie

so as far as i got with nokia is that it will be released, just not in the worldwide release, there are still minor issues that exist withn the programing. they also mad not to tell me there have been many complaints sent to head office to push the update out faster, since NOKA car mode and and the new office will not work without this update. it is coming guys, lets just hope it doesnt take as long as last itme. NOKIA is to blame this time as it was last time. i have personaly spoken to the mjr providers and they are just waiting to recive it from NOKIA

heres an email i just recived

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for contacting the Nokia Careline.

We understand that you would like to enquire when will Nokia Belle be available.

We are currently in discussions with operators on this but do not have anything to share at this moment in time on the availability of Belle in Australia. We will provide more information as soon it comes available.

Please feel free to write back to us if you need further assistance with this case. You may also contact one of our friendly Technical Support Executives at 1-300 366 733 from 8am to 8pm, AEST, seven days a week. For online assistance, please visit 'ASK Nokia' at our website www.nokia.com.au/asknokia

Regards,

Drei R.
Email Support Executive
Nokia Careline
Please use plain text.
Sage
andrewaussie

[ Edited ]

so it looks like we got the skyee got the same info as the rest of us :smileysad:

i also forgot to mention i have sent an email to the head of updates within telstra.. lets se what he has to say

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jamo128

to me thats not good enough, the reason why they waited so long to release the belle update was that they wanted to get everyone done in basically the same period.. So they were lying to us about that....
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Jampe

Hi everybody,

Please have a look at this thread as it provides an official statement regarding to this matter.

Jampe

If the answer solves your issue, please click the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION button so other users can benefit from it as well. Giving a kudos (the white star) if my answer has helped will be appreciated.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
damienhelen

I have an UNBRANDED N8 and it's still not available. NOKIA IS HOPELESS! AUSTRALIA SHOULD BE ONE OF THE FIRST TO BE ROLLED OUT ON! MY NOKIA PHONE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE OPERATORS, WHAT A COPOUT EXCUSE!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
bjorn77

It would be great if Nokia were a bit more forthcoming with information on the Belle release for Australia. Even if it's not going to be released for a few weeks or even months, you'd be better off letting your loyal customers know what's going on, not just stonewalling with statements that equate to "we have nothing to say" or "no comment" - that will not win you any fans. It's pushing the believability factor when third world countries (no offense meant to third world countries) with small populations get the Belle release, but countries like Australia, Canada and Israel get fobbed off with little to no explanation... How Nokia handles this will determine it's continuing success (or otherwise) in these countries. As a dual Finnish / Australian citizen, I want Nokia to do well... but as a customer the lack of consideration is galling.

Please use plain text.
Sage
mobywil

[ Edited ]

Hi everybody, when I was sick and tired of waiting for the Anna update showing up in the Netherlands, I "borrowed" the Anna version for the same type of phone (N8 Country Variant) from Belgium. Why Belgium? They also have the Dutch language package plus the Netherlands together with Belgium and Luxembourg are a sub-region of the region euro 2. This version worked like a charm. When the official roll out of Anna for the Netherlands arrived, nevertheless I could simply update my phone through Nokia Suit. Hang in there.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jamo128

Its pretty easy, all they have to do is ask the person in charge of the whole rollout this simple question "Why did you leave an entire country out of the rollout" And give us that reply.

Its simple, but it wont happen. I bet it will be another week or a month before they even get any news to us.
Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga

jamo128 wrote:
Its pretty easy, all they have to do is ask the person in charge of the whole rollout this simple question "Why did you leave an entire country out of the rollout" And give us that reply.

Its simple, but it wont happen. I bet it will be another week or a month before they even get any news to us.

Whilst its all very frustrating at the moment, I think we all need to let our blood pressure drop a few points for a short time. We all know that nokia wont advise anything more at the moment.

Personally i dont believe they were going to deliver Belle to us. But after the uproar that has happened from last night onwards and the flood of calls that went to telco's and to nokia, Nokia are no reconsidering their position. The email that Andrewaussie quoted I have since received as well, which is also along the same lines as what nokia are now saying. Telco's are now as of today advising that they are discussing Belle with Nokia. So we need to give them some time to sort it out. 

I know i would prefer to know more, but we all know they wont tell us. At least at the moment we have some hope, that nokia will do the right thing by us. 

At this stage i think we let them talk to the telco's and see what get sorted before we do anything more. Hopefully they will rush it out to us. I know i will happy to just get it, i'm not fussed at what time frame it takes, just so long as we get it. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ninjapanda

Honestly I don't think we are going to get it. They have just adjusted their PR response to weather the storm and put us in to a holding pattern to wait quietly for something that they don't intend to deliver. In actual fact their answer is still a non answer and unless pressure is maintained we can't expect any progression.

The question itself is very simple. Ignoring time frames, carriers and model variations. Will belle be rolled out to ANY symbian^3 device in Australia? It really is only a simple yes or no answer.

Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga

ninjapanda wrote:

Honestly I don't think we are going to get it. They have just adjusted their PR response to weather the storm and put us in to a holding pattern to wait quietly for something that they don't intend to deliver. In actual fact their answer is still a non answer and unless pressure is maintained we can't expect any progression.

The question itself is very simple. Ignoring time frames, carriers and model variations. Will belle be rolled out to ANY symbian^3 device in Australia? It really is only a simple yes or no answer.

That is the question really. But we do know that they are now talking to carriers, as the carriers themselves have confirmed this on their websites. So at this moment in time we will have to wait for the outcome from those discussions. It doesnt tell us much i know, and believe me i want just as much as as any body else. just read some of my posts since last night and you will see how much i want it.

At least they are talking now to the carriers. Its a pity it had to go this way, but for the moment i think we let them talk. its certainly not going to get out any quicker, they will still have to talk to the carriers regardless and it will still have to be tested by the carriers regardless. So why not take a breather, let the blood pressure drop a few points, at least that we may not all have heart attacks before we get the upgrade.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
xsever

Same boat as you guys. I have a Nokia X7 from Rogers Canada. N8 users are lucky since they can flash other firmwares since the N8 has only one product type RM-XXX.

The X7 in canada has a different RM number than the rest of the world.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
krisyyc

At least you guys are getting some sort of feedback from Nokia. I've heard absolutely nothing about the Canadian situation. I'm hoping it's just a delay similar to Anna but I'm not getting my hopes up. This is a damn shame :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
a340500

Joshuatron "Dear Nokia and anyone who will listen.
This is completely unacceptable. I, like many others in Australia, have been waiting anxiously for the Nokia Belle update only to have now been told it will not be available in Australia. This is pathetic Nokia, I've spent months upon months waiting for this update with open arms. I've put up with the constant delays and the neverending **bleep** that came with it and I've STILL kept open arms waiting for it. I didn't think it could much worse after waiting for 3 and a half months for a late Anna update, but then I find out it has gotten worse, I'd rather it be late than non-existent. This, Nokia, is pathetic and unacceptable. I've always been an avid Nokia fan and have had no phones other than Nokia phones and until now, have had no issues or disappointments. Oh how this has changed!
Yours angrily, Josh."

+1

Please use plain text.