Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

RE: Nokia Belle in Australia

Contributor
sean86aus

Re: RE: Nokia Belle in Australia

Marketing decision means they thought Belle would be a threat to their sales of Lumia... well.. the ones that WANT Belle DONT want Windows... maybe they figured that one out. Theres nothing wrong with Symbian except for an ancient GUI.. which they were starting to fix.. i've used and seen a few Windows Phones before from a couple different manufacturers and were all buggy as hell and all owners now use samsungs with android.. so unless its hardware at fault then same thing..
Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga

anf87 wrote:
Really getting frustrated that we haven't recieved the belle update yet, but I'll be more patient if they give us a release date rather than "waiting for approval".

well its out of nokia's hands for most of the australian models at the moment. It with the carriers now, so we are just waiting for them to finish testing. The E7 and X7's and the Telstra variant of the N8 are still in creation at the moment, so it will be good when they come out to the carriers. Hopefully the carriers wont have to take as much time when testing the E7, X7 etc after having already going thru the testing the of the N8 C6 etc. Either way it shouldnt be to much longer. Hopefully

Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga

sean86aus wrote:
Marketing decision means they thought Belle would be a threat to their sales of Lumia... well.. the ones that WANT Belle DONT want Windows... maybe they figured that one out. Theres nothing wrong with Symbian except for an ancient GUI.. which they were starting to fix.. i've used and seen a few Windows Phones before from a couple different manufacturers and were all buggy as hell and all owners now use samsungs with android.. so unless its hardware at fault then same thing..

I agree there is nothing wrong with symbian, written efficiently it can as fast as any other OS, even with with hardware that is not as fast as some other hardware from different manufacturers. Personally i dont think Nokia was quite expect the backlash that happened. Whether or not it was due to lumia, we will never know. But what was done was done. Lets just hope that it doesnt happen again. Australia is a great place, with the best people, I wish that some of Nokias upper management would come out here and talk to us all, or even just have aholiday out here and see how brilliant Australia and its people are. Then i know that we wouldnt just be thought of as a lump of rock at the bottom of the planet.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
sean86aus

Symbian is quite efficient considering the hardware comparision between it and other operating systems. Thing is with Symbian, Nokia seem to maintain its death in the future... but Nokia has only really just joined the rest as far as offering more than one operating system on their range of devices (read Nokia: EXCESSIVE amount of devices, its a joke to have so many).. most already offer Android and Windows phone... in that way customers have a choice. Lumia seem to be selling very well, and is what Nokia needs to remain as a business... this does not necessarily mean they should drop Symbian and they might not. But the simple fact is, without Lumia, Nokia would fail and would be no more. Being sucessfull with windows phone will permit them to have another look at NOT removing Symbian from their line up... its their history. When you think of Nokia you think of symbian, its just other players beat them to the crunch and obviously they were a little slow to compete and as such are in financial trouble. Once Nokia's numbers look good, im sure it will all be considered again and probably result in dual line up of Windows phone and Symbian??? Best of both worlds.
Please use plain text.