Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Reinstall software

Contributor
daffy_duck

Reinstall software

[ Edited ]
hi All
i wanna to reinstall software to my phone
nokia N73
how can i do that?

Message Edited by daffy_duck on 15-Apr-2008 11:50 AM
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Re: Reinstall software

If you have previously updated your firmware using NSU, you can use it to reinstall the version you updated to.

Otherwise, your firmware can only be reinstalled by the Nokia Care Centre.

However, you can reset your phone to factory defaults by trying out the following list of resets. The resets get more severe going from top to bottom.

Always remember to backup your phone before performing resets as your data may be lost.

First try these

*#7780# - Restore factory settings - resets all the settings to the default
*#7370# - Reformat your phone

Then try the "3 finger deep reset" which is depress these three keys simultaneously "*" "3" "green phone" and then power on phone whilst keeping those same three keys depressed until you hear start-up tone.
This should ONLY be done if the device doesn't power up normally anymore and it wipes everything in the Phone memory that is not part of the ROM.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Sushantraje2000

reinstall software help

How to reinstall software of nokia 7210 plz help me mail me. When i start the phone it shows nokia for few min then blank white screen appear. What to do?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
satari

Re: reinstall software help

[ Edited ]

Hi Sushantraje2000,
First remove the battery and leave it out for at least 5-10 minutes before restarting. Also try restarting without the memory card and sim card.
Once you have your phone switched, then you can easily update the phone firmware using Nokia Ovi suite or Nokia Software updater.
If you are unable to switched your phone then I think the only way is to contact with your nearest Nokia care to fix the problem.
You can get some FAQ here: http://europe.nokia.com/support/download-software/device-software-update/faq#

Please THANK me by clicking on the ****WHITE STAR** ( Giving KUDOS) the big GREEN BOX to your LEFT .
It will help me to serve you better !!!!!
Thanking You
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
amit081

Reinstall software

my nokia N97 shows "headset connect" all the time (there is no head set connected actually)

cant make calls as i cant hear anything .

when i plug in the head set , the phone  restarts.

the power switch does not work . 

will re installing software work, how to do it

pls help me on this

Please use plain text.
jhang1

hi i want to reinstall software to my nokia 2700 clasic. how can i do ? please guide
Please use plain text.
jhang1

when i plug in the head set in nokia 2700 classic. its not woriking nor show any icon of head phone...
pls guide and help
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Adpk002

To reinstall software use new ovi suit and update by it.
Please use plain text.
Community Manager
tiny_chef

You can reinstall your phone's software through the Nokia Suite. Video tutorials are also available on the Nokia Suite page or you can check NokiaSupportVideos on Youtube. 

Nokia Lumia 1020 - nothing comes close Nokia Asha 501 - super smart pocket power 

Follow us on Twitter Watch Nokia Support Videos

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
rajkumarrks89

C5:

during the reinstallation of pahone software accidently my phone disconnected. it keeps blinking but no response.. I could not connect to PC suite. what i do? pls help:smileyindifferent:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

rajkumarrks89 wrote:

C5:

during the reinstallation of pahone software accidently my phone disconnected. it keeps blinking but no response.. I could not connect to PC suite. what i do? pls help:smileyindifferent:

You may try the suggestions from THIS . If nothing works you need to visit Nokia Care

Please use plain text.