Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Reinstalling / updating Nokia E71 firmware

Counsellor
pitrelli
Accepted Solution

Reinstalling / updating Nokia E71 firmware

I have Nokia E71 and am having problems with the firmware...
Can you please tell me how to reinstall the firmware because there seems to be no firmware updates for this ... so i can't use Nokia Software Updater to reinstall...
Please help...
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Re: Reinstalling / updating Nokia E71 firmware

If you have previously updated your software to your current version, you should be able to use NSU to redownload and reinstall.

Alternatively, the following resets may help.

Always remember to backup your phone before performing resets as your data may be lost.

First try these

*#7780# - Restore factory settings - resets all the settings to the default
*#7370# - Reformat your phone

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
pitrelli

There were no previous updates...
This is the original firmware that came with the phone...
There are no updates available at NSU...

Reseting to factory settings did not help...
I tried that from Menu->tools->settings->general->factory settings already...

Would it solve if I reformat my phone as there is no firmware available...?? or would i end up bricking my phone...??
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

The first reset just resets it to factory default while the second reinstalls the firmware from the ROM. It should not brick your phone as it is the exact firmware that your phone left the factory with.

Remember to backup your data. You will probably have to reinstall any software you have that is not embeded into the firmware.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
pitrelli

Thanks a lot!!! :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

No Problem.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Thank you, I've reformatted my phone tonight successfully too!
The pdf reader didn't work, now it's ok! thanks..
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Good to see it has worked out well for everyone. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
pitrelli

By the way, here's a solution i found for people facing problems with Contacts/Conversation...:

1. Remove Nokia Services Support package...
2. Reinstall Nokia Services Support package from:

http://nds1.nokia.com/NOKIA_COM_1/Microsites/BetaLabs/applications/apps/Nokia_Internet_Services_Supp...

3. If the package is corrupted/cannot be removed/uninstalled... reinstalling the package will replace the corrupted package and thus solve the issue...
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Did u get a reinstall yet. After updating my 6300, my battery bar always remained full. Do you know how to reinstall the firmware now.Pls help.Thanks

jacob

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Hello!

Are there other ways of reinstalling the firmware other than restoring? Perhaps getting them online then installing it using my PC? Coz my nokia 7210 supernova's music player is not working anymore and I tried anything from restoring (full restore), to upgrading my firmware then restoring again but none worked.

:smileysad: 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sivasiva123

Dear Sir

i need to reinstall the nokia e 72 software how can i do. Please let me know. because my nokia e71 phone cannot **bleep** fring software, when i install the fring software it says installation failed. And another one problem i have nokia e72 when the phone conncet to the pc its automaticaly switch off itself, afterthat i could not on using power press butten.I need to remove the bettery then againg put back then only i can switch on the nokia e72 phone

please give the solution for above mentioned problem

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
2anubhav

i hv Nokia 5800XM. Firmware appears corrupted and need0o reinstall. I tried the *#7370# hard reset. But the issue isthat while the phone resets, the firmware version in the status remains the latest one. As a result, when i run the NSU, it declares that software is upto date and hence doesnot reinstall or update. I m now left with old firmware bearing new version number which has become worse than before! Any idea what to do? Thanks
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
yourashwani

I've updated my nokia E71 two days back through nokia Ovi Suite. I dont know what happened but now I am not able to save internet settings on my phone as when I tried opening message containing internet settings revieved from the operator, it says message format not supported .

I tried  *#7370# and reformat my phone and then again get the same problem even before restoting my phone data and using memory card. 

Can you tell me how I can roll back to my previous version.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ram_17

my phone some time automatic switch offed
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
kirksnap

Please use plain text.