Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Request from Nokia for PR.2 (N8,C7,C6-01,E7)

Advisor
alak

i want to be able to connect to eduroam or wpa using n8 at uni. needs proper ttls pap support like android phones
Please use plain text.
Advisor

1. Why in the world would you want continuous autofocus? That "feature" prevents a user from recomposing / reframing. 

2. Cinema quality film is recorded in 24fps. If you live in an area with PAL/SECAM then 25fps should be the standard, while the NTSC norm uses 30fps.

3. Are you kidding? Buy a Nikon NOT a Nokia if this is what you want. There is no point in offering RAW, even for a sensor as large as N8's.

4. There is no delay as it is now. I don't know what you are talking about.

5. Agree

6. Useless clutter.

7. Agree

8. Agree

9. Useless clutter...then you start complaining about being too slow!!!???

10. Do you know a phone NOT manifesting this?

11. Totally agree.

12. Agree - although this is certainly NOT a concern

13. You already have that.

14. Like what?

15. Agree

17. Like what?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
CoolMilo

[ Edited ]

>For playing above 4gb files it needs ntfs support,if its done it will help in reading ntfs harddisk and watch 720p video of greater than 4 gb

this also is a glich which should be fixed

>subtitle is not supported

>Portrait QWERTY & Swype

>Battery improvement

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
chansu

S^3 it still in need of improvement;
What has been left out:

1.Continuous autofocus,
2.Option for Video recording setting @30fps/25fps/24fps,
3.Option for RAW mode (or select compression setting) for still capture,
4.Home screen slide without delay and  have animated effect like iphone
5.Browser like opera mobile
6.Need better screen rotation (atleast some animated effect instead of nothing, and faster rotation),
7.The video player have a resume playback video after we close the app. like smartmovie.
8.Equalizer Preset adjustment,
9.Visualization for Music Player,
10.Delay still there when app folder is opened after phone reboot,
11.More options in Task Manager instead of only exit,
12.Reboot option,
13.Zooming in photo preview after taking a pic to check quality of the details,
14.Camera interface improvement, its still sucks in usability standards
15.Portrait QWERTY like baidu & Swype?
16.Improvements in video playback when forwarding a avi file the sound always missing and after 10 second the sound came back

17. the homescreen can be zoom out or zoom in like android

18. the homescreen manage more easier like android.

19. to activate bluetooth, wlan,  fm transmitter and 3g connection just use a single icon on homescreen. and when to configure just hold the icon n press edit.

20. the homescreen can be added more than 1, or unlimited homescreen

21. A icon shortcut to lock the phone

22. add Currency converter

23. the calculator have more digit

Please use plain text.
Contributor
tomi5

1., Please fix browser or WLAN problem. If my device is connected to WiFi after a while all application which uses internet connection simply doesn't load the page. 2., Could you add to the e-mail client a continuous connection function? I mean is it possible to make Nokia's connection capacities, that if it finds a known WLAN, it automatically connects to it and starts to synchronising e-mails, NOT just in every 5 minutes but continuously. I know that I can use mail for exchange's always on sync frequency but mail for exchange doesn't connect to known WiFi automatically. If it lost connection it doesn't connect again. 3., I use my phone in "general" mode, in general mode key tone is on level 3, when I activate power saving mode key tones are off - it's all right -, but when I deactivate power saving mode in general mode key tones keep being off. Please fix it! 4., The phone informs me only of the first e-mail and about the others not. Fix it please! 5., It would be nice, if the menu button could flashing when I get an e-mail. Thank you for your cooperation!
Please use plain text.
Advisor

i update my nokia firmware rm-675 to rm-691. after that i have some problem like nimbuzz and sky pe calling voice have problem. and i want to downgrade my firmware . Is it possible?
Please use plain text.
Advisor

the good think in pr.2 mobile system speed more faster then pr.1.1. WLan possible turn off and turn on. Full qwerty keyborad. but thay need to fix too many thinks . waiting for the offical version.
Please use plain text.
evomedia

[ Edited ]

Reply to  Nacos

1.Continuous autofocus,

1. Why in the world would you want continuous autofocus? That "feature" prevents a user from recomposing / reframing.

You want continous autofocus to manage closeups without using the zoom, I'm using the camerapro app which allows caf, and it really is very useful. Don't get me wrong the n8's Active Hyper-focal isn't bad, no one is saying that, it puts the whole shot in focus but won't focus on anything under 60cms, so for closeups your forced to use  the zoom.
People aren't asking for CAF as a replacement for the Active Hyper-focal system, just as a choice. As both have advantages, and disadvatages (Active Hyper-focal means no Depth of field, and no closeups under 60cm without zoom or CAF which causes motor noise and potential blurs) but add together and you get the best of both worlds.
As Nokia themselves said:
‘Of course the ultimate solution would be to combine both of these in some way. Earlier in development we trialled a continuous autofocus system for video, but concluded for the time being that the performance didn’t warrant its inclusion in the product at sales start. Having said that, we are continuing investigations to find a way to get the best of both worlds in the future.’
I know the 3x zoom doesn't degrade the quality, but doing closeups via the zoom is a pain,  sometimes I want to pan between a wide shot to a closeup. Thats means I'd have to zoom while panning. Thats when the CAF comes in, your essentially bringing the focus into the target for the video capture even as close as around  20cm, it'll also add some subtle depth of field sometimes. The zoom also increases shake
Personally I'd also like the macro mode, plus a touch to focus function too to give me the best of all worlds.
2: Cinema quality film is recorded in 24fps. If you live in an area with PAL/SECAM then 25fps should be the standard, while the NTSC norm uses 30fps.
The native n8 capture speed again isn't bad, but when you pan an n8 you tend to get a jerky quality, so I prefer using 30fps to smooth out the pans

3. Are you kidding? Buy a Nikon NOT a Nokia if this is what you want. There is no point in offering RAW, even for a sensor as large as N8's.
Access top RAW files can mean you have wider dynamic range and color gamut, and it preserves most of the information of the captured image.
4.Home screen slide without delay,
4. There is no delay as it is now. I don't know what you are talking about.
PR2.0 already said it addresses this very issue, so its obviously an issue for some phones.
nacos, just give camerapro a spin and then tell me if these requests are still not valid
What I'd really love is to be able to manually focus on a target like we do in the macro mode, so I could shoot video with a very shallow Depth of field, that really would be amazing, then the N8 would be a video makers dream, as you'd have a video camera that does something only Canon DSLRs can do at ten times the cost...
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Marcineqq

1.Continuous autofocus,
4.Home screen slide without delay and have animated effect like iphone
5.Browser like opera mobile
6.Need better screen rotation (atleast some animated effect instead of nothing, and faster rotation),
7.The video player have a resume playback video after we close the app. like smartmovie.
8.Equalizer Preset adjustment,
9.Visualization for Music Player,
10.Delay still there when app folder is opened after phone reboot,
11.More options in Task Manager instead of only exit,
12.Reboot option,
13.Zooming in photo preview after taking a pic to check quality of the details,
14.Camera interface improvement, its still sucks in usability standards
15.Portrait QWERTY like baidu & Swype?
16.Improvements in video playback when forwarding a avi file the sound always missing and after 10 second the sound came back
17. the homescreen can be zoom out or zoom in like android
18. the homescreen manage more easier like android.
19. to activate bluetooth, wlan, fm transmitter and 3g connection just use a single icon on homescreen. and when to configure just hold the icon n press edit.
20. the homescreen can be added more than 1, or unlimited homescreen
21. A icon shortcut to lock the phone
22. add Currency converter
23. the calculator have more digit

24. NTFS SUPPORT FOR USB ON THE GO PLEASE 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
tomi5

+1 for NTFS support. Please! It would be very but VERY useful feature for USB on the go!
Please use plain text.
Sage
lanita

ehsan2010 wrote:
My phone is Nokia c7 . i have this error in nokia C7 in camera : error message : "Unexpected error occurred. Restart your phone" And camera Not work.
I just upgraded to version 013.016 after the error arose .

Hi there!

I have the exact same problem on my N8. Have you managed to overcome it?

If you found this post helpful, please click the green button. Thanks!
Please use plain text.
ehsan2010

No, unfortunately. I updated the new version got 14 C7 But my issue is not resolved.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
koolkiller

Nokia n8 is rocking handset.giving me all of my desired wants.Well as far as its concerned with upcoming firmware i would like to see live wallpapers in PR 2.0. Just like we have in android Os. If this includes in the next update i'll feel like in heaven.Best Of Luck NOKIA!
Please use plain text.
Unick2

1. HDR photo.

2. More default software, for example: timer, converter.

3. Most video is not played. But thumbnail is shown.

4. Video player: bookmarks, subtitles in different encoding.

5. Camera: provide more adjustment.

+ 1 NTFS

Please use plain text.
Advisor

My vote would be to fix the dialer.

The scenario, you call your VM and as you are listening to the messages, you need to open the dialer to delete/save messages, then have to close the dialer and then choose end call. There are 6 steps (open dialer, call, open dialer again, save/delete the vm, close the dialer and then end the call).  Same for calling someone's extension. Somehow, all the functions should be on one screen or at least you should be able automatically turn on the keypad after you call and then hang up from that screen.  I make tons of calls and vm checks a day and this is super annoying. 

Plus everything mentioned by chansu

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
koolkiller

Nokia please please please i want to see LIVE WALLPAPERS option as we have in android in the upcoming software update.Experts,is it posbl to see live wallpapers running out in P.R 2.0?
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
binikat

Please add audio theme to Symbian^3

Please use plain text.
Advisor
lnegrol

[ Edited ]

Add to the comments of binikat:

01. Flash light on when recording videos, as could be done with NOKIA N86 .

(VERY IMPORTANT)

02. A program to visualize and manage the RAM, processor frequency and processor temperature.

(VERY IMPORTANT)

A greeting.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Tronder007

The ability to edit album art and track info on the N8 itself..!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
aryanpatel

[ Edited ]

hey plz some one tell me ,i have nokia c7-00   rm 675

when the nokia c7 pr 2.0 firmware realesed in india??

Please use plain text.