Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

SMS tones for nokia lumia 800

fmanzo
Accepted Solution

SMS tones for nokia lumia 800

[ Edited ]

Hello,

today i updated my phone via the windows phone connector on my macbook pro.

below are the outlined features of update

7.10.8773.98   http://www.microsoft.com/windowsphone/en-us/howto/wp7/basics/update-history.aspx (click on first result to see the page)

*Adds new messaging capabilities to your phone. You can now attach multiple pictures, videos, audio notes, and ringtones to text messages. 

*Adds features related to SIM card contacts. You can now export phone contacts to a SIM card and selectively import SIM card contacts to your phone. 

*Includes many quality improvements to Windows Phone.  

i still can't manage to attach any of my tones to text messages. 

Help please

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

Re: SMS tones for nokia lumia 800

Hi fmanzo,

Thanks for your feedback and welcome to the forum.

You can't attach ringtones to SMS messages, you will need to use MMS for this and as such you will have to have MMS setup on your phone. You can do this using the Network Setup app which is available in Nokia collection on the Marketplace through your phone. Also you can attach custome ringtones only, not the built in ones.

Hope this helps, let us know how you get on.

Kosh

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

What seems to have confused the issue is the Microsoft web site specifically says "text message" rather than "MMS" or just "messages".

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsphone/en-us/howto/wp7/basics/update-history.aspx 

Ray.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Eagle69

Hi guys, 

Is there a way that text tones can be down loaded on The Nokia Lumia 800?

I have the standard nokia text tone currently and can't change text tones from any apps that I've downloaded :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Slartibartfast_

I've got the same problem - I want custom alert tones, but how??

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Eagle69

Hopefully a solution can be found as it's disappointing not being able to down load a text tone from various apps. 

Has anyone got an answer to this problem?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Eagle69

Are there any tips out there regarding text tones?

Kind Regards,

Eagle69

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Crusha54

SMS tones

Come on Nokia - are you listening?  People want to be able to use their own SMS tones - not the useless ones that are built in (the ones that you can't hear unless you are sitting at a desk)

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: SMS tones

Rather than Nokia its a Microsoft related concern. You may use this link to forward your suggestion / concern. In fact it should be already there posted by many ..

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Crusha54

Re: SMS tones

Thanks for that

Please use plain text.
Contributor
thevangs

Could you please show by an example, how to change ringtones for SMS and eMail retrievement. I have installe Network setup, but it seems very complicated (MMS entry/Proxy adr/Proxy port and more. Why does this function has to be so very very very complicated ?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
thevangs

I have the same problem :-(( Why is it not possible to costumize SMS / Email ringtones? It seems arrogant, that you know best, how I want my phone configurated. I'm very dissapointed :-(

Please use plain text.