Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

SOFTWARE UPDATE - N73

SOFTWARE UPDATE - N73

I have just downloaded the 65.8MB NEW update for my phone. During installation, the foolowing error ocurred

ONE OF THE USB DEVICES ATTACHED TO THIS COMPUTER HAS MALFUNCTIONED, AND WINDOWS DOES NOT RECOGNISE IT.

I tried using another port but to no avail. Any assistance?
Please use plain text.

Re: SOFTWARE UPDATE - N73

11-Feb-2007
04:44 PM
lkeeba wrote:
I have just downloaded the 65.8MB NEW update for my phone. During installation, the foolowing error ocurred ONE OF THE USB DEVICES ATTACHED TO THIS COMPUTER HAS MALFUNCTIONED, AND WINDOWS DOES NOT RECOGNISE IT. I tried using another port but to no avail. Any assistance?

Actually, the first error reads UPDATE STARTUP FAILED and then INTERNAL MODULE ERROR. Kindly assist.
Please use plain text.

The same thing happened to me...
Unfortunately there is no way to fix it, the phone needs to be re flashed. You need to take it into a nokia care center, or I ended up sending my phone to the people at www.iunlock.com and they had it back to me in about a week all fixed. (i do live in Canada tho) I had bought the phone in Hong Kong who wouldn't take it back to fix it and since it wasn't under warranty i found this place... I have to say i was very impressed with their service
Please use plain text.

buy a new cable !

before I buy the new cable,
I had a very very new cable CA-53 made in thailand, included with n73ME phone in the box.

I used the cable CA-53 made in Thailand only twice, then the third time, Windows xp didnt reconigzed it!

"ONE OF THE USB DEVICES ATTACHED TO THIS COMPUTER HAS MALFUNCTIONED, AND WINDOWS DOES NOT RECOGNISE IT."

I put the cable CA-53 made in Thailand inside book's wardobe.

Nokia Cable type CA-53, 10838263****, made in thailand

do you know where is the links for input the serial cable's number. I want to know it's the original or not!
Please use plain text.