Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: SYMBIAN ANNA (P.R 2.0) FORECAST RELEASE IN Q3 ...

Sage
mikwag

Re: SYMBIAN ANNA (P.R 2.0) FORECAST RELEASE IN Q3 2011

Hi Cai

This is the link to tell you everything there is on Labs about Bubbles installation.

Bubbles Installation

The page also gives you uninstallation instructions for older Bubbles versions.

Hope this helps

Mikwag

My current phone - Samsung Galaxy Note
Please use plain text.
Advisor
cai12

Thank you Mikwag for the tip.  I tried it and found out that Bubbles is no longer installed.  I will have to look at whatever else I have installed that would give me trouble.

cai

Please use plain text.
Contributor
lmiked

Hi guys, I have an N8, I'm not disapointed on the phone, so far it does pretty much everything I want and need from it... I'm just a little disapointed that the phone didn't bring the option for a portrait qwerty keyboard from the start, and the browser is very sluggish, and since I browse a lot of flash enabled websites, opera can only help me so much.
I bet Nokia could easily release an update or app just for the portrait qwerty keyboard option, but then if they did do that, it wouldn't count as new feature when anna gets released. I'm really tired to have to turn my phone everytime I want to write a text message or an email, or a website address, t's annoying... Specially when you think that all otjer smartphones have this since the beginning, we should've gotten it too.
As for the anna release, for all the videos I've seen, the major features look like the mre fluid home screen, the portrait qwerty, and NFC, the browser, honestly to me, it looks like the exact same browser with a new UI, and option for opening new tabs, but it looks as sluggish as the current browser, and will freeze and hang probably with heavy pages, both java or flash. I've also been longing for the anna update since february... Personally, I think they should've released it already, that talk about them being worried about releasing the updates with bugs, sounds like BS talk to me, cause, I mean, sure they're fixing bugs and all, but the current state of the anna OS, even if still in development, is at least as good or better, and as stable as the latest release (pr 1.2), and then they could realease other fixes if necessary.
I've seen the wiki page about the android OS and the updates it's gotten that another member posted here, and they got 3 updates in less then one year... Impressive!!!
I have a lot of sympathy for the android platform, I think it's got a lot of potential... And due to the disapointment of waiting so long for this update, I'm sad to say, that the N8 is probably my last nokia phone, cause I just switched to linux (kubuntu), on my pc, and don't to go back to windows on a phone... Unless obviously nokia blows my mind away with an amazing windows phone which I don't see happenning...
So it's good to know we got options like android :smileyhappy:. As long as I don't have to use an iPhone :smileytongue:, I'm happy.
Please use plain text.
Sage

I don't think you are quoting an official Nokia blog although it's sponsored by Nokia. So it's not "Nokia informing us" that it will take a few more months. The author of that blog probably knows less than most of us here.

93tid wrote:

How kind of Nokia to inform us that the N8 "still has plenty more to offer, as in a few months time it'll get an OS makeover when Symbian Anna heads out over the air to update the Symbian^3 operating system that makes the Nokia N8 tick."

http://noknok.tv/2011/06/02/nokia-n8-gets-huge-price-cut-now-cheaper-than-ever/

The article is dated June 2nd, 2011.

Enjoy !

Please use plain text.
Sage
lillracksingen

93tid wrote:

How kind of Nokia to inform us that the N8 "still has plenty more to offer, as in a few months time it'll get an OS makeover when Symbian Anna heads out over the air to update the Symbian^3 operating system that makes the Nokia N8 tick."

Few = several. More than two months. I'm betting on end of Q3, just in time for N8 to celebrate it's first birthday... And remember, Nokia rarely supports devices older than one year! Don't expect PR3.0 on your N8!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

kj55552009 wrote:

I don't think you are quoting an official Nokia blog although it's sponsored by Nokia. So it's not "Nokia informing us" that it will take a few more months. The author of that blog probably knows less than most of us here.

"Nokia continues to sponsor the site, which is why you won't see any adverts on here. They help us out with access to devices for tests and guides but we still have to buy our own apps, games and accessories."

Clearly the author of the blog has absolutely no idea what he's talking about.

How much are you willing to bet that this isn't Nokia's arm's length way of actually informing us what will happen, while maintaining plausible deniability on official forums like this one - where they are saying nothing at all ?

Please use plain text.
Sage
jamesvini

Well I for one welcome out new symbian overlords...

"Freedom is the only way, yeah!"
Please use plain text.
Hansu_75

i cant agree with u about that nokia doesent update phones that is oldr than one year, i have had several phones from nokia and i got updates up to 4 years later , it all depends of where u bought your phone if u buy the phone thru a carrier (like at&t or orange or vodaphone ) they have to first accept the update software of the phones that been sold thru them and nokia cant do anything else than that they release the update and the operator accept it then the costumer gets it, if u buy it directly without carrier u get the first and latest updates always availebel ... Hannes
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

I don't believe Anna will change much. The browser won't be some kind of miracle, the phone will still have the completly outdated 600 or so Mhz CPU, and low amount of RAM. Not to mention the screen isn't really wide enough for comfortable qwerty keyboard typing in portrait mode. Hell even in landscape it's a pain. Even the 5800 was better here.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
mangbecak

note that it's a SOFTWARE update and not a HARDWARE update. part of the update will be to maximise and increase the efficiency of the hardware component. This includes responsiveness, battery life and other things. It's not going to take over android or iOS, but it will be a huge improvement to the current S^3.

you must've huge thumbs if you can't type comfortably on landscape mode...but agreed on the portrait qwerty...i'm happy with t9 and SPLIT SCREEN.

Please use plain text.
steph44

Last news from Nokia connection 20011 in Singapor :

"At the Nokia Connection event in Singapore today, Nokia announced that it will start shipping Nokia N8s, E7s, C7s and C6-01s with Symbian Anna in July. If you already own one of these devices, you can download the software by the end of August."

http://conversations.nokia.com/2011/06/21/symbian-anna-available-starting-july/

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
mrizalc601

i dont know what to comment. everything are already being mentioned by other SYMBIAN3 users.just want to say somenthing...
"Im really really really frustrated with NOKIA..!buduh.."
Please use plain text.
Sage
adg82439

[ Edited ]

hi rayhipkiss, found ur answer,

i checked the mentioned list of "improvements" from skyee it is:

New software features in Symbian Anna:

o New, fresh icons and usability enhancements

==> new icons is nonsense in my opinion

o Improved text input:

* Split screen view while typing; see your message thread,

webpage, maps, contacts or email

*Virtual portrait QWERTY for fast, one handed typing

==> I think this is BUGFIXING

o An easier to use and faster browser (address bar visible, pages load faster, improved opening, closing and navigation between windows)

==> This too is BUGFIXING

o Refreshed Ovi Maps with: *Simpler and quicker search *New public transportation routes

===> separate task, is still under regular updates, doesnt come with anna

For business users:

o Instant messaging and presence with Microsoft Communicator Mobile

==> client available, is not part of anna

o E-mail enhancements including full meeting request support ==> BUGFIXING

o True business grade security with HW accelerated encryption

==> new but needs new hardware

o Easy and secure intranet access (IPSEC and SSL VPN enablers, intranet application –necessary features for all business users who want to access their company intranet)

==>vpn client is still available but need more integration.

o So it is just bugfixing and one point better vpn integration.

but we wait since christmas and maybe longer we have to

Please use plain text.
Contributor
lmiked

hi everyone, I know this isn't really related to the post but...
for those of you that are eagerly awaiting the pr 2.0 mainly for the portrait qwerty keyboard, there is an alternative... and it's free!
it's called baidu input, just google or youtube baidu input n8, and you'll see it, a full portrait qwerty keyboard for the N8!! I'm using it right now :smileyhappy:.

regards everyone.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
rahil

?
Please use plain text.