Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Security Code error

Prem695
Accepted Solution

Security Code error

After updating my c6-01 to belle  it asks for security code i have tried 12345 but it gives me msg code error what ca i do ? plz help

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Raoul_Duke

Hi,

Do you recall or did you ever change this default code?

Regards

Raoul_Duke
If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Advisor
ebenf

Never used it before.
Please use plain text.
Prem695

I have never change the security code.

I have done hard reset to my c6-01 but problem not solved

Please use plain text.
Sage
ghaikal

same problem with e7-00 !! 

Haikal
Please use plain text.
Ex-employee (retired)
skyee

Here's our FAQ for security code issues. Hope that helps!

Q: After the update to Nokia Belle, my phone asks me to enter my security code. I do this and get an error message stating “code error”. What should I do?

A: Please try again. There are very rare cases in which the security code has to be entered a couple of times before it is getting accepted.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
spidermeow

"security code entered incorrectly 5 times. Code will unblock in five minutes".
Please use plain text.
Sage
ghaikal

skyee wrote:

Here's our FAQ for security code issues. Hope that helps!

Q: After the update to Nokia Belle, my phone asks me to enter my security code. I do this and get an error message stating “code error”. What should I do?

A: Please try again. There are very rare cases in which the security code has to be entered a couple of times before it is getting accepted.

Dear Skyee : i tried it more than 15 times ! , i'm afraid that after a while it will block my Phone ! 

this is so important and creating trouble if we needed to visit Nokia Care ! specially for out of warranty devices !! i've contacted our Customer care in Saudi Arabia, they still don't have Belle to flashed to our phones !! 

Haikal
Please use plain text.
Sage
ghaikal

no solutions or reply from nokia !....
Haikal
Please use plain text.
Sage
ghaikal

:smileymad:

Haikal
Please use plain text.
Prem695

No one is here who solve our problems.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
nokh

Same problem for my C7. It's not nice from Nokia that we don't get any meaningful reaction (not to dream about a solution) to this very important problem.

Nokia 2110 (bought the very original "brick" version back in 1995 :smileyhappy:), 6110 (1997), 6210, 6310, 6310i, 6230, 6233, 5800, C7, HF-3, CK-20W, CK-300 (all bought new) - looks like a loyal Nokia customer, doesn't it? :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

Below is the following extract from the Belle FAQ troubleshooting guide.

After the update to Nokia Belle, my phone asks me to enter a new security code. I do this and get an error message stating "code error". What should I do?

There are two different scenarios and please closely check which one applies to you.
The error message reads: "Security code has not been set. Please set security code." In this case your phone is asking you to enter a brand new code. So, don’t use your old security code but create a new one.
The error message reads: "Code error" and you try to unlock it with your old correct security code but still the same error message comes up or states "Phone will unblock in 5 minutes". In this case, despite the error messages you can still use your phone. Please try to enter your existing security code a few times until the phone stops asking for it. If all that doesn't help, please visit your local Nokia Carepoint (locations are visible via

www.nokia.com/support). 

Please use plain text.
Sage
ghaikal

this is not acceptable solution, 

when i do an update, and then i've to drive to Nokia Care and pay for the service !!! 

Haikal
Please use plain text.
lizholman

Having totally the same problem except they recon the phone should still work without the code. my definately does not I get connection error every time I try to make a call. 3 days getting very miffed, let me know if you get a decent answer

Please use plain text.
praveengeorgeix

ive entered ma security code more than 10 times.... still its working...... they didnt block ma phone for entering incorrectly..... n nw plzzz. i need a solution..... each n every time i dont wish to visit nokia store..... ive dont hav any girlfriends over your outlets....
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
portoghella

Hy guys I think the issue is produced by an automaticl restore. Try to reset your devices and reinstall the Os. Then do not restore any backup an start the device. After this restore the backup without setings

BR

S.

Please use plain text.
Prem695

Hi guys I in my handset I solve the problem  by following steps.

Goto settings> Phone>Phone Management>Security Setting>Phone and Sim Card Support>Security Code> Here put 1234 It asks for new security code again type 1234 and verify security code 1234 and press OK after that when u restart the phone it never ask for security code.

Hope It will works on ur handset

Please use plain text.
Advisor
nokh

Prem695, I appreciate your efforts and all those with a similar approach, but this is nonsense bulls..t, it is not a solution to our problems. It never works in case someone has the problem we are facing, i.e: "Code error" is displayed for the CORRECT code after it being input

Nokia 2110 (bought the very original "brick" version back in 1995 :smileyhappy:), 6110 (1997), 6210, 6310, 6310i, 6230, 6233, 5800, C7, HF-3, CK-20W, CK-300 (all bought new) - looks like a loyal Nokia customer, doesn't it? :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Sage
ghaikal

nokh wrote:

Prem695, I appreciate your efforts and all those with a similar approach, but this is nonsense bulls..t, it is not a solution to our problems. It never works in case someone has the problem we are facing, i.e: "Code error" is displayed for the CORRECT code after it being input

totally agree,  

Nokia employees : we need a solution , not a Q/A reply !! ,,, can't you see its not working !! 

Haikal
Please use plain text.