Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Software Reinstalling

Advisor
faheem754

Software Reinstalling

Hello Hi

I am using nokia 5630 xpressmusic. Currently i am using ovi suite which contains software update but dost not contains reinstall software.

i want to reinstall my software again plz tell me through which software i can reinstall my software

thx

regards

Faheem

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

Hi faheem754

I don't whether re-install firmware facility still available in this standalone application:http://betalabs.nokia.com/apps/nokia-software-updater/?SAMLart=AAQAAYU6%2FZbJFfjRP3cckEAJmxKhSmx8Wt8...

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Please use plain text.
Advisor
faheem754

hello hi

i have donwnload it and checked but there is no option for reinstalling the software plz tell me some other method

i need it urgent

thx

regards

Faheem

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
anilsky

[ Edited ]

@faheem

hi brother..!

you can do it 3 ways...

(but you need to tell me where u first updated the firmware; that means NSU or ovi suite or FOTA or NCS)

method 1:  check the 'appdata folder' go to C:\Users\AniL\AppData\Local\Nokia\Nokia Data Store\Products\RM-495    (windows 7 i am saying; unhide all folders) and see whether there is a firmware files are not..( i expect no files). so, bring those files .ppm,.mcusw,.vpl,.dat,.image etc., to that folder and open software updater and check for an update ... then NSU says that " there is no update- if you need try reinstall of your firmware".

here no need for internet connection.

method 2: (perfect method)

first download the NCS from rapiidshare and install it. now it makes u learn how to handle it .

which is a easy task.

method3: ( will effect on warranty )

( i suggest you if you are in out of waranty )

there are lot of  third-party tools which are not to be discussed here but they help you to re-install yoour firmware like as easy as a re-writtable disc.

thanks,

anilsky

why not give some kudos, if you like the post

Please use plain text.
Advisor
faheem754

hi i updated my first software form the nokia updater software
plz tell me step wise procredure and yes i am also using windows 7
thx
regards
Faheem
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
anilsky

[ Edited ]

@faheem

i explained the 3 steps;

go through the said steps and find one which you think that comfort to you.

then i go for a explanation to it.

but you need to give some kudos by just clicking the green buttom under my name; i am saying later if you like the post.

mean while,check for a firmware files on your computer which will be saved when that time you completed your update process under this file location

(unhide the folders first)

C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Nokia Service Layer\A\nsl_service_module_00001\vpls\ww.dsut.online.nokia.com.oti.caresuite\Products\rm-xx\

keep that files safe. i will meet later

bye,

anilsky

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

When you run the software update on Ovi Suite, after loading it has small text under the icon of the phone saying "do you want to reinstall firmware", click on the word "reinstall"
If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.