Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Software Under Creation ?????

Counsellor
chaaskul
Accepted Solution

Software Under Creation ?????

Can you please explain what this means ?

does this mean that you are currectly packaging software for release to the update OR does it mean that you are still writing it, and have not yet released it to the Operator for approval.

If the operator is sil waiting for it, then it will be several weeks at least before it goes out for updating phones

thanks

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Re: Software Under Creation ?????

Aviability for my N8 its saying the same.

Please any info?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

For your kind information.

Software under creation = Nokia Belle is currently being created by Nokia.

This may mean there are just a few final touches or they still have a lot to do. Best thing to do is to be patient especially if you read some of the complaints that are starting to surface.

All the best.

Ray. 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
chaaskul

rayhipkiss wrote:

For your kind information.

Software under creation = Nokia Belle is currently being created by Nokia.

This may mean there are just a few final touches or they still have a lot to do. Best thing to do is to be patient especially if you read some of the complaints that are starting to surface.

All the best.

Ray. 

I know that ray. But does it mean that the operator has approved it, or is to still to go out to them for approval.

Perhaps Nokia might be able to shed some light - as the staus apparently has now gon to under investigation, which doesnt tell you anything either

Please use plain text.
Sage
DeadmanN8

In the case of my carrier, it now shows under creation and my carrier has said its in the testing phase.

So it would seem like it means the carrier is testing the firmware but has not yet approved it
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
chaaskul

Surely that would give it the staus of 'Awaiting Approval'

Please use plain text.
Ex-employee (retired)
skyee

Ray has given the correct answer above. And you can see an explanation on the bottom of the availability page.

Update available = Nokia Belle update has been published

Waiting for approval = Nokia Belle has been submitted for operator and/or local review

Software under creation = Nokia Belle is currently being created by Nokia

Nokia Belle not available = Nokia Belle will not be launched for this product code and/or country

Please use plain text.
Sage
DeadmanN8

yeah thats what i would have thought, unless it has been back and forth to Nokia for changes?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
chaaskul

still doesnt answer

1 : Has it been approved yet ?

2 : What does it mean 'Under Investigation ?

It says on the update page 'Under creation' but in  post 60 in the thread /t5/Software-Updates/Nokia-Belle-availability-information/td-p/1298583/page/3 it says 'Under Investigation'

just after a straight answer

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

If it says it's under creation it means it hasn't been submitted to the network for approval yet. That's about as straight an answer as you'll get.

Cheers.

Ray.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
chaaskul

thank you Ray,

that was one of 2 possible answers. i was just asking which one was it as it could have been creating the installer package for the update process.

got there in the end

Please use plain text.