Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Software Update for Nokia Lumia 710

Registered Member
anitsam

Software Update for Nokia Lumia 710

I really need a help from someone...
I brought a Nokia Lumia 710 and its almost a month now. I live in the United Arab Emirates and as you may know this phone(Lumia 710) is not available in this country. So, I brought the mobile over the internet(souq.com). I loved the phone very much, and when I heard about the 7.8 update I was even more excited. On January 31 the update was released and i thought I'll get the update after a few days, but I was sad to find out that the update(7.8) was released in UAE but it was released only for the phones available in the UAE. Is this true? Someone please help me with this... Will the update be released for all the LUMIA phones(UAE)? Or will the update be released for the ones available in UAE?
Please help...
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
nokphones

Re: Software Update for Nokia Lumia 710

It depends on your phone's hardware.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
anitsam

Is it the Hardware Revision no. given in the settings? Can you tell me whether it will be there for my phone if I give you the numbers?

Hardware revision number: 112.1402.2.1
Firmware Revision number: 1600.3031.8773.12121
Please help... Can you tell me whether I can update it(Lumia 710) to the 7.8 version?
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
nokphones

anitsam wrote:
Is it the Hardware Revision no. given in the settings? Can you tell me whether it will be there for my phone if I give you the numbers?

Hardware revision number: 112.1402.2.1
Firmware Revision number: 1600.3031.8773.12121
Please help... Can you tell me whether I can update it(Lumia 710) to the 7.8 version?

It also depends if Microsoft wants to distribute the update or not.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
anitsam

But, see the 7.8 update strated rolling out for all the Lumia devices previously running 7.5, and it was mentioned that Lumia 710 would get the update, I heard a lot of the people got it, but its a different case for me, as I told it is not available in my country, so how can I know whether the update will be there for my phone? Please HELP!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
nokphones

anitsam wrote:

But, see the 7.8 update strated rolling out for all the Lumia devices previously running 7.5, and it was mentioned that Lumia 710 would get the update, I heard a lot of the people got it, but its a different case for me, as I told it is not available in my country, so how can I know whether the update will be there for my phone? Please HELP!

See, you just answered your own question.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
fabz

My phone says updatte is available but zune says the phone is uptodate. What am I supposed to do?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
galley8181

My phone says updatte is available but zune says the phone is uptodate. What am I supposed to do?
petergalley
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
nokphones

Can you contact Nokia Support?
Please use plain text.