Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Software update Via bluetooth

Advisor

Software update Via bluetooth

Hi all.

Recently Connected my Phone to my Laptop via bluetooth, so now everytime i'm at home the devices pair up. Today after I came in from work I noticed that Nokia suit was informing me of some software updates for my phone. So I agreed for it to go ahead and did it via bluetooth (after the last escapade see my old post). Everything went well It went through all the stages of the update, then at the end it said If I looked at my phone it might ask for some details (SET UP COMMUNICATOR) such as Pin number/username/ password and stuff. I put in all the required fields except I didn't know what to put for "CWA ServerURL" and "Network Connection"? Network Connection is either internet or Wap?

Anyway the update failed because I didn't fill out all the required fields. Would just like some help in resolving this issue as it would be alot  simpler to update via bluetooth.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

Re: Software update Via bluetooth

Hi there,

First of all you really should let us know what model phone you're using.

The thing is, normally you can't do an update via bluetooth. The software updater toggles a special "USB flash device" mode on the phone, and that can only be done with a USB cable.

The only alternative, and only on some devices, is an OTA update, whereby the phone downloads the update itself over a WiFi connection or using your mobile data service.

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Sorry it's the N8

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

I'm pretty sure the N8 cannot be updated via bluetooth.

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Advisor

It was letting me do a sybian anna update, as well as Nokia maps and real golf. My issue is not about if it can or can't do it bluetooth. its more the fact that it let me and told me that before it would restart the phone to complete the update the phone may ask me for pin number, and password. So when I picked my phone up to look at the screen and see if it was asking me for these details, it had a widget displayed on it called "Set up Communicator"  this was asking me for the following details under the

"required" Tab

username  (Bluetooth or Nokia suit?)

password

remebered password

CWA Server URL (https://) - (didn't know what Url it wanted)

Network connection = Internet or Wap - (didn't know what to pick)

It also had 

"Genral" Tab

Connect while roaming = No

sign in on device start = Yes

Save battery mode = On

Unified voice mail no, = None

Turn on Logging = Yes

Default veiw = Contacts

Directory search criteria = Display name

found this via a google search "CWA Server "

http://europe.nokia.com/support/product-support/microsoft-communicator-mobile/faq#02

Again i'm only looking for a way that it will stop asking me for these details and let me remove the "Set up Communicator" widget or at least info on how to fill the required fields.

What is this   Microsoft Communicator Mobile

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Did you install the Microsoft Communicator ? See if you find it in the Programms..Un-installing it should stop asking the details..

Please use plain text.