Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Software update for CS-10, MacOS 10.7 Lion

eduardoq

Software update for CS-10, MacOS 10.7 Lion

The nokia Internet Stick CS-10 does not work after upgrading MacOS to the latest Lion version.
Also, there is no information on Nokia website (product information, support, etc.) about how to solve the issue and use the CS-10 on Lion, or the expected date for the firmware update (drivers) to be available.
There is a previous software upgrade (that has to be installed through a Windows PC, which makes no sense for Mac users), but once again there is no information if it is useful for MacOS systems (and which of them).

As users, we expect Hardware companies (specially those big and important as Nokia) to work in advance with the Beta versions of OS and be ready to distribute software updates by the time commercial versions reach the market, and keep us informed on its homepage about the process.

How do you expect Mac users to get Internet access while you get the sofware update for CS-10.

Or if the CS-10 is not going to be supported anymore let us know clearly.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Re: Software update for CS-10, MacOS 10.7 Lion

@eduardoq

Now that Nokia has "got into bed" with Microsoft supporting a rival may well now be an anathema; Nokia Maploader for Mac is currently not compatible with Ovi Maps v3.06 & later and Mac equivalent of Ovi Suite which has been promised for years has never materialised.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
eduardoq

Re: Software update for CS-10, MacOS 10.7 Lion

I get your point, but i hope that even do they are now in love with someone else, they keep looking after their children lol... It was not a cheap device (and i chose it supposly by the backup a well known commpany should mean) and it was less than one year ago. I refuse to think that i have to throw it away and get a new one for another brand... And go around the city chasing unprotected wi-fi networks in the mean time.
Please use plain text.