Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Split screen text input - gone

Sage
bumblebirra
Accepted Solution

Split screen text input - gone

After a successful Belle upgrade (thankyou Nokia!) and playing around with the phone all evening, I decided to begin reinstalling some of my essential apps which were removed during the Belle upgrade - starting with Swype.

I can't remember if split screen was there before installing Swype, but since installing it I've noticed I do not have split screen text input. I would be most grateful for any advice. Do I need to remove those conversations appl thingies?

Sorry if there's something blindingly obvious I'm doing wrong or not realising.

Please use plain text.
Sage
bumblebirra

After disabling Swype text input, split screen has returned. Split screen is lost again if I enable Swype. Is this happening to anyone else? Are there any solutions anyone can suggest?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
ansluk

Did you install swype 2.1 from betalabs?

If not - maybe you got the wrong version.

Splitscreen works for me on an N8

Please use plain text.
Sage
bumblebirra

Thankyou so much for the reply. I saw in another thread that someone mentioned downloading the beta 2.1 from betalabs and I tried it and it works. Stupid me thought that my Belle phone would download a version from Nokia Store that works properly with Belle.
Please use plain text.
Ex-employee (retired)
skyee

Hi all,

just to add that the Betalabs version is also our official solution.

Q: After the update to Nokia Belle, I don’t have the splitscreen view anymore when using Swype. What should I do?

A: Please check out Swype 2.1 from Betalabs via http://betalabs.nokia.com/apps/swype-for-symbian-2-0

BR,

yvonne

Please use plain text.