Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Symbian Anna...Deja Vu

Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

Since we're talking about hardware, it would be intereesting to note that N8>SGS2 in terms of hardware (apart from CPU, RAM, GPU). When we talk about build quality, music hardware components, camera, and other hardware components.

Made my decision to go droid really tough as I know I could always trust Nokia for hardware quality, but Samsung has already failed me in that department once. But sometimes, I just cant spend another cent on Symbian another 1 year and a half while waiting to get a hold of a WP7 device.
If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jerspa

[ Edited ]

And daily bumb for answers related to my questions in this thread.

100% that no answer will be given :smileyvery-happy:

MODERATOR'S NOTE: Image embedded removed. Please keep your post respectful.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
donofworld

nice to see that samsung galaxy s II has yellow tint issue on its display!.......samsung always makes crapy hardware!!!!......it would be nice if nokia will use NOVA display from LG for their future burning/non burning platform phones
Please use plain text.
Advisor
chillerhippie

after reading that Nokia are going to relice at least 10 more phones in the next year. Why dont they stop making so many similar models wasting thousands on design, development, production and advertising and just make a few different models to cover the entire spectrum of the market? Not convinced that would work? Take a look over at apple, **bleep** phones but everybody wants one just because they have no real choice. They only bring out a new iphone every year or two so your only option is to get the new iphone or an old one and Thats that. Just look at the current range of phones out from Nokia which are similar to the n8. There must be at least 4 i can think of, more if i decided to go on the Nokia website. If Nokia reduced the types of hand sets they came out with, they could then spend more time and money on firmware development which would make everyone happy. Current Nokia users get firmware updates when promised, new phones come out with stable firmware which new users wouldnt have anything to complain about.
I need a job at Nokia, I'd show you how to run a business. I'd even take it for free until I proved an increase in sales and happy customers.
Please use plain text.
Technical Expert
michaels

jerspa wrote:

To keep the replys short enough, ill post this too:

Today i readed about the Accenture deal with nokia, 2800 workers are moved for ACCenture in early october, this is the reason why the update aint coming out. They delay it so they dont have to continue the support anymore, Nokia will then claim: Blame the accenture for not fixing it, it's their job.

And thats the truth, no more support after Anna, thats my fear and pretty soon its 100% sure thing real.

This is not what it means at all, Nokia is committed to support Symbian several years in the future, more Symbian devices are planned and support for them is not going to be just 'switched off' as a result of the Accenture deal.

Nokia remains the support channel for all Nokia devices.

jerspa wrote:.

Lastly i want that someone @ nokia would answer this:

Why would i buy a S^3 phone?

Because it is misguided to assume that the current path on which Nokia is travelling means that Symbian id dead...

Nokia Lumia - the fastest growing smartphone

If this or any post answers your question, please remember to help others by pressing the 'Accept as solution' button.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jerspa

[ Edited ]

Deleted my last post, leaving this rant and my questions. Seems that moderators are doing some damage control and ban hammer will probably strike soon...

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

your right there ive got told off we have to TRY keep things in perspective.
Easy for some to say on the other side of the fence

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Sage
nokton12

@ jerspa: think it's time to cool down a little bit. :smileyindifferent:

Nokia N9 Black
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jerspa

nokton12 wrote:

@ jerspa: think it's time to cool down a little bit. :smileyindifferent:

Agree. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Now there we go Thats the spirit LOL .

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jerspa

jimmyireland wrote:
Now there we go Thats the spirit LOL .

I should have blocking mechanism to prevent me to access into computer when i am in bad mood :smileyhappy: . Feeling quite stupid now , i sincerely apologize my behaviour.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

No need to feel stupid we are all annoyed over this situation and have a right to voice how we feel,we just have to keep it cool,not easy but we can try,everybody knows we have been let down and now its time for those who have let us down to make it up.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
mangbecak

@jerspa: Good to see you've chilled hahah :squint:. I'm quite confident in saying that belle will be coming up, though not in the near future. it's the only way nokia's going to be able to sell those extra 10 phones. again for the same reasons as i've stated before....

i suppose there are a lot of itchy hands out there who jsut needs to get the newest technology asap...eg, HD tv...gimmick really, but a lot of people bought them...iphone 4 because....the screen is really... bright...lol

@chillerhippie: Some of those 10 nokia phones will be the low to mid end i'm guessing. Nokia sells symbian phones all around the world, including india, china, south east asia countries...if they'd designed one phone, with one exp price, then they're going to be just limiting themselves to a group of population.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
mangbecak

Oh ps @jerspa, the N8 has
1) HDMI output
2) 16gb internal memory (c6 has 340mb)
3) bigger screen (3.5 v 3.2 inch)
4)build quality wise...n8 is metal build
5) smaller battery in c6
6) active noise cancelling during phone calls
7) better camera(autofocu, not edof, ND filter, Carlz Zeiss optics, bigger sensor, and of course the xenon flash...that's what makes the n8 a camera-centric smartphone)
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
mangbecak

Oh ps @jerspa, the N8 has
1) HDMI output
2) 16gb internal memory (c6 has 340mb)
3) bigger screen (3.5 v 3.2 inch)
4)build quality wise...n8 is metal build
5) smaller battery in c6
6) active noise cancelling during phone calls
7) better camera(autofocu, not edof, ND filter, Carlz Zeiss optics, bigger sensor, and of course the xenon flash...that's what makes the n8 a camera-centric smartphone)

Please use plain text.
Advisor
V1p3r69

Not to be nasty but when I buy a phone I buy it for what it has not for what updates its going to get somewhere in the future. I have never had a phone that was perfect, not even after 10 updates it will be perfect. There are to many people to please and there will always be somebody that finds a fault and the irony is that 9 out of 10 times it is because the user is incompetent. My N8 is about 3 months old and I tell my wife everyday how happy I am with my phone.

UPGRADES ARE A BONUS!!!!

I think it is really silly to buy something on the bases of future upgrades and then cry when the updates are a month or two late.

You don't get a ugly women for a girlfriend and hope that she will be gorgeous after a haircut and some makeup!!!!

Just my 2 cents!!!

If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

For the record, I did not leave Symbian due to updates. Couldn't care less if I never get past Froyo, but the absence of certain apps I would like to have. Basically its temporary, just sort of trying out the competition. I plan on coming back to Nokia when WP7 comes out to try and see that, but Symbian isnt interesting developers anymore. Most of the stuff I use on my PC have Android and iOS versions, but none for Symbian, unlike the olden days when a lot of things for PCs have Symbian versions. Oh I know that there are alternatives, but then, I'd like a chance to look at Symbian from the outside now. Its a perspective Symbian developers seem to have lost with Symbian having dominated the scene for so many years.

Please use plain text.
Sage
bumblebirra

Would a Nokia moderator please explain how it's possible to commence worldwide sales of C7/N8 with Symbian Anna unless all the software variants have already been created?

If there is no reply to this question, can we all assume that the delay to existing customers is purely for commercial reasons?

V1p3r69, not to be nasty, but if you are so happy with your phone then what are you even doing in the software updates section of the forum?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

@bumblebirra - Giving updates via update suites is a whole different thing than installing the software in the factory on a clean phone. They're not packaged in exactly the same way. Same principles as to why some Android phones have the new OS upon selling while others will have to wait for the update to be available. Its the same for all OS (in other words normal). A wrong script and it could end up bricking thousands of phones.

Please use plain text.
Sage
bumblebirra

Thanks for your answer, but aren't the risks you've described always going apply, even at the end of August? In order to be selling new C7 and N8 then surely the variants have all been created and the risks of releasing them to existing owners will always be there?
Please use plain text.