Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Betreff: Symbian Anna - We are live! Downloads sta...

Sage
ices_eyes

Re: Symbian Anna - We are live! Downloads start today...

andrewaussie wrote:

here in australia have to wait till mid september because of an emergency call issue..

why do the italians have to wait

They just told us we will recieve the update in mid september...no reasons... :smileyindifferent:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
sMhsn

[ Edited ]

nokia servers down now Nokia please please first try to figure it out what you wanna do??? why you people are so messed up dammnnnn, this is how you people deliver updates shame on you Nokia!!!!!

--
sMhsn
Please use plain text.
Advisor
guy_inkognito

Betreff: Symbian Anna - We are live! Downloads start today...

[ Edited ]

Any info on availability for PC 059B6D7 (N8 global swap version)? That's technically not a country variant, I hope you don't forget us ... :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Sage
andrewaussie

ices_eyes wrote:

andrewaussie wrote:

here in australia have to wait till mid september because of an emergency call issue..

why do the italians have to wait

They just told us we will recieve the update in mid september...no reasons... :smileyindifferent:

Maybe the italian version has the same problem.

Please use plain text.
Sage
ices_eyes

We are more confident that the problem are italian operators. Since the decision to release the update for all a country, also the nobrand phone need to wait for the operators to make their firmware available...And this is complete mad in my opinion.... 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
IacopoP

I wish to remind nokia, of a post by Yvonne on the Conversations blog (it's somewhere here ) ? It was a reply to a general discontent to the late release of Anna for older devices when compared to new Devices that came with Anna pre-installed. The post went like this:

"Hi all,

we got a lot of feedback on the N8 software update launch earlier this year where people told us that it doesn't make sense to launch a software step by step, as you want to update your phone as soon as you hear about the launch. Well, that's exactly what we're now doing! The gap you see between factory shipments and the update being available for users who already own a Symbian3 phone, is caused by the fact that we are working to get as many variants ready as possible for the day when we tell you "you can download now". (And as we have a lot of variants that are differing by country or operator, creating the software for each one simply takes some time.)"

So that was just propaganda right? Cos now you released the update for 60% of the users, and as u well know 60% is not even close to a good coverage of total users....
And well, after reading that post again, and then finding out that in Italy the release will be out around mid September (one more month, and why?!?!) i really feel like your making fun of me and of many other loyal customers.

If you cannot keep your own promises, at least inform users on what went wrong and why you couldn't release all the updates together.
And i'm really thinking of flashing my device with some other country firmware, that's what you're pushing users to do.
Hope i'll get a reply here....
Please use plain text.
Advisor
parkel

guys. please, RELAX.

pop a chill pill, down it with some water and chill out.

they promised end of the month didn't they?

that's the first thing: it isn't even the end of august yet.

some telcos need to take time to approve the firmware update.

that's the next thing: approval by telco takes time.

so, please, just RELAX AND WAIT.

if it doesn't come by 31st august, then complain all you want.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Shanil

I also have a swapped version 059B6T3. Please advise when this will be available for update?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
IacopoP

So just tell us "I'm sorry ALL the italian phone companies are on holiday, and won't approve the firmware OTA before mid september".
But still:
1. They said the delayed release to make it available for most of the users in the same day of release. And it's not.
2. We have a press release that says, more or less: "Nokia started releasing anna today worldwide. Italy will get it around mid september"
3. I'm not asking for anna, i'm asking for some replies by Nokia, which is supposed to have an hands-on approach to these kind of problems.
4. You are not the one that needs to reply angry customers, so why asking us to relax and wait?
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Yvonne I'm sorry to report that when I updated there were only the Symbian Anna 1/2 update downloadable. After I installed it the updater says that I'm uptodate.. I don't see the Symbian Anna 2/2 update. Both in Ovi suite or over the air updater in phone.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
DoomerX

I cant see any Symbian Anna application packages in ovi suite, and my phone sw updater keep showing "all applications are up-to-date" without even trying connect to the server. Please fix this ASAP!!!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
tej001

Hello Guys

Trying to download.. Anna update since morning .. through OVI not able so got back to old days and started using Nokia software updater and it did a bit I hope this is helpful to everyone struggling

Regards

Please use plain text.
Advisor
seasoulmate

Updated C6-01 via OTA to Anna, works just fine:

/t5/Cseries/Symbian-Anna-on-C6-01/td-p/1114855

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Hi Nokia Team,

How about HONG KONG region, when will release the update? Could you mind make a excel table for all nokia user to know which model is available now. Thanks a lot.

Best regards

Please use plain text.
hackman

Hello.. I'm from Bangalore,India.. have a N8

have been trying to check for the update.. but the ovi suite gives me an error saying..

"Could not connect to the service

There seems to be a problem with connecting the device software update service. Make sure that your firewall and virus protection settings are correct. Also, make sure that the menu option for working offline is not selected in Internet Explorer. If you still cannot connect, the service maybe unavailable. Please try again later."
My PC has no issues regarding the firewall and stuff.. have checked everything..

Is the server down or is there anything wrong with my N8?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
tonymohd

[ Edited ]

what about the uss verions .. i have 059C8T6 last time pr1.1 took 4 week longer than everyone else ... please not again ...

Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga

sMhsn wrote:
Ya i know my friend but it never happened with apple iphone they have also millions of users but nokia really sucks in their updates seriouslyyy fedup of nokia iphone rockssss!!!!

Well if you like iphone so much go get one, and leave the rest of us in peace. Honestly I have an iphone as well as my e7-00, and i know which one I would pick in a heart beat, my nokia E7. Iphone dont have half the capablilties that an E7 does, in fact they can't do half the thing my old E90 or 9500 could do. And thats comparing to the Iphone 4. And you are not restricted in what you do with your phone like you are with apple. Even so, Nokia still out sells all iphones and andriod phones put together, so i think they might just have a few more users to look after.

Please use plain text.
hackman

+1
Please use plain text.
c7usr

Does anyone know when Symbian Anna will be available for C7-00 DNA -version in Finland?

Please use plain text.
4d4rkbl4de

when will anna be released in italy?? i just can't wait more..

Please use plain text.