Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Symbian Anna - We are live! Downloads start to...

csharpest

Re: Symbian Anna - We are live! Downloads start today...

I wonder why update is not available for C6-01 in Finland...

Please use plain text.
Advisor
nguenht

[ Edited ]

hi, guys!
i have the same problem as benny1967 has(
after i downloaded the ~22MB file with *#0000#, i had the same problem with "phone setup: feature not supported" and missing adobe with quickoffice apps.

then i tried to change the date to 31.08.2011 and restarted the device. i saw three updates available: the symbian anna updates 1/2, 2/2, social and tried to install them with that built-in Software Updater thing. that solved those previous issues but still, 1/2 and 2/2 packages failed, and social app was successfully installed...
the main trouble is that Software updater shows 1/2 package is now 1854 kB (it was ~12 MB) and the 2/2 package is now 3052 kB (it was ~18 MB)?

but os works well though, it's smooth and all the main features are also here: better browsing, split-screen qwerty, new icons, even the games are more smooth than before(avatar, worms, hero of sparta, gonna try asphalt 5 again :smileyvery-happy:)

installing via ovi suite always fails, it says in russian that file corrupted, and reinstalling fails too :smileysad:
nokia software updater isn't compatible with my c6-01 somehow(

Moderator's note: Attachment that is not written in English has been removed. Please be advised that Nokia Support Discussion only accepts posts written in English.

sorry for my bad english
nokia 6230 silver > nokia 6670 silver > nokia c6-01 black
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
IacopoP

[ Edited ]

The more i think about it, the more i'm **bleep** that in Italy we'll have to wait another month, and all they can tell us is that "It's an internal Nokia decision".

E che **bleep**!

Please use plain text.
Tragicman

That final 1.8MB piece of the Anna 1/2 update is the installation file for qtMobility. It's gives an update error even if you try to install it separately.
Please use plain text.
ChaserX

Hello to all. Though I am new here, I have been checking these discussion for a long time now.

I am one of the Nokia N8 owner from when it became available. I bought it from Italy, sim free, unbranded, but I live in Romania. When will Symbian Anna wil be available for download for me?

I have another question too... I wonder if the qT in the Symbian Anna will be reinstalled because i have done a hard reset on my device, and i was unable to reinstall any of Ovi Store and qT. Please reply soon and thanks in advance.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Tragicman wrote:
That final 1.8MB piece of the Anna 1/2 update is the installation file for qtMobility. It's gives an update error even if you try to install it separately.

Mhm... thx for figuring this out (no idea how you guys o that)

Could it be that it fails because it's already there? Or maybe there's even a higher version on the phone? I wonder if applications from betalabs could have done this... Not that it'd be any use for me because I wouldn't know how to remove/downgrade existing qtmobility installations, but still: we have to try and figure out ourselves as long as Nokia remains silent. :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Tragicman

Okay this is pretty silly but I got Anna 1/2 to install successfully. The problem was that my phone already had the same version of QtMobility as what the update wanted to install. So I went here: ftp://ftp.qt.nokia.com/qt/symbian/qtcomponents/1.0-tp1/sis/ and downloaded and installed qtmobility.sis. This is an older version 1.01(2), so I told it to overwrite my current version 1.01(3). After it was installed I went back to Ovi Suite and told it to run the Anna 1/2 update again, and this time it worked.
Please use plain text.
waynelovell

wont install on my n8 been at this now for like 2 hours I have tryd it with ovi and the nokia software updater I keep getting the same error nokia ovi has lost connection with your device can someone help lol been waiting for Anna for along time :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
bipul_fx

Please use plain text.
Tragicman

Haha Bipul and I posted the exact same solution at the exact same time in two different threads. High-five!
Please use plain text.
christozah

Nokia N8 - Main Anna Software update through OVI suite is ok but cant see update 2/1 and 2/2. Installed Social and Ovi Store OTA but still nothing of those 2 packages (both OVI suite and OTA)

No Quickoffice and no Adobe plus Feature not supported error on booting up. Please help. UK mobile but living in Malta.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
bipul_fx

Thats gr8 :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
nguenht

[ Edited ]

hell yeah the qtmobility solution worked for me! i'm sooo damn happy T__T
thanks to Tragicman and bipul_fx! you guys are insanely awesome, thanks so much T__T

god bless you guys C:

sorry for my bad english
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
bipul_fx

nguenht wrote:

hell yeah the qtmobility solution worked for me! i'm sooo damn happy T__T
thanks to Tragicman and bipul_fx! you guys are insanely awesome, thanks so much T__T

god bless you guys C:

Glad its working :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
levanin

[ Edited ]

bipul_fx

Thnx man! You have done for Nokia reputation more, than Ellop :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
waynelovell

this is not working out right well for me it started updating then when the phone restarts the says lost connction and now its saying software updater is currently unavailable

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Ranjanch

Perfect Update Process - Anna

Updated N8 and C6 simultaneously OTA on WLAN. Both had similar updates, 01st update Symbian Anna, then 1/2 and 2/2 updates of Symbian anna. After that update of OVI Store and Social. Both phones updated perfectly, without any problems at all.:smileyhappy:

Earlier i tried to update using OVI Suite but that did not materialize as it kept on telling :service not avaiable"

No data lost, all applications working fine. (ecxept "TOI" - where the touch does not seem to work - that may be a problem in the application with new anna as it used to work perfectly earlier).

Looking in to the discussions here, seems i was lucky.!!

If you like the above or it solves the problem, do not forget to click on the star/Kudos :-)
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
damu777

HiIi,

Yestderday I have updated Nokia Anna in my C7 using ovi suite. It works well and the phone is faster now. The screen appearance is good. The battery indicator now shows the correct percentage.

Regards

Please use plain text.
abhi06

I am in Ghana-E. Africa...I am unable to update...how soon i will get this update?? Pl. help..
Please use plain text.
Advisor
nguenht

[ Edited ]

uhm...is it normal that Ovi Store icon is the same old blue bag thing? the Ovi Maps icon changed but Ovi Store icon didn't?..it looks strange and weird while all the other icons are rounded :-/
my Ovi Store is 2.12.043
i think i gotta change my theme then(

sorry for my bad english
Please use plain text.