Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Symbian Anna - We are live! Downloads start to...

Professor
jraduga

Re: Symbian Anna - We are live! Downloads start today...

I think you all need to understand something here. It nots just whether or not you bought a phone from a particular carrier. if you use a carrier sim then they can still control what you get and when as they have an obligation to make sure that your phone will work with their service.

Also certain countries have their own LAWS about some of these things as well. which include specifics like what is the emergancy call number for example. Such as the states uses 911, Australia uses 000 for landlines and mobiles and also 112 for mobiles only. Now its the carriers NOT nokia that are responsible for making sure these LAWS are catered for.

All i can say is if you dont like the way the carriers do business or the government does business then you may have to find a different country to live in. You can see the results of thousands of people trying to receive the updates at the same time, massive server over loads, now imagine what would happen if you had the world doign these updates at the same time.

And beside just think, the longer the time it takes to get the update, the better it will be, as Nokia will have had a chnce to make any changes that they find out about before hand.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
snakeraven

i hve now tried software updater and ovi and software update and still no update?
Please use plain text.
Sage
DeadmanN8

snakeraven wrote:
i hve now tried software updater and ovi and software update and still no update?

Is your product code listed as being available to update?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
dannychen

@jokerasya

059D2N8 is belongs to Maxis, so you do not have Anna update yet!

Please use plain text.
Sage
jake20

andy232 wrote:

In order for me to stop checking on Ovi Suite every hour like a moron, could somebody at Nokia PLEASE give us the date for when the Anna update will be available for the very expensive, non-carrier subsidised, sim-free, unlocked S^3 phones in the United States of America?

Is this too much to ask?

@andy232

same here.. i just want a timetable on when the US will get the update.. thats all.

Please use plain text.
Sage
andy232

@jake20
I'm telling myself in my head that it's August 31st. Any earlier than that is a bonus, but I've given up on checking. I've got a job to keep!
Nokias: 232, 3210, 3330, 6230, 6101, 6021, 6126, E75, E73, N900, N8, E6, E7, N9. There's a Samsung in there somewhere too, but...we don't talk about that.
Please use plain text.
jokerasya

@dannychen really?how did you that my product code is belongs to maxis?how can i possibly check that just to make sure?coz really,i bought an unbranded phone,without maxis contract whatsoever.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
kakirou02

@andy232, agree! my E7 works fine anyway without the update.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
michaelx

[ Edited ]

@dj_nick_t :

I have spoken with someone from Orange about that product code. A friend of mine has also the same product code. She bought the N8 from Orange so it is carrier branded. But Orange is stuck on update version 013, not 014 or Anna for your product code. So my guess is that you have other carrier. Anyway, they've told me that it can take months for an update to be release to the public.

So update 014 was launched in February or March, and until today Orange hasn't launched that update for the N8's. That means Anna will come in the summer or autumn of 2012 for branded Orange Romania N8's.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Phantomias

@jokerasya... He is right, your product code belongs to:

059D2N8: N8-00 RM-596 Maxis MY Dark Grey V3

You can just google the N8 product codes...

You may have bought an unbranded N8, but seems like retailers don't take that too serious.

I also bought an unbranded N8 and there was no branding or software installed from any contract.

But my N8's product code belongs to a telekom version. Maybe retailers just flash these phones with unbranded software? I don't know what other reason could exist...

Please use plain text.
Sage
andy232

[ Edited ]

Well now I'm totally confused... no Anna here in USA, and Nokia are about to announce 'something new for symbian' in 2 days. Not much time between this new announcement and Anna last week!!

http://www.facebook.com/nokia?sk=app_222130677837526&sf2032527=1

I'm excited things are happening, not excited they're not happening in America yet! 

Nokias: 232, 3210, 3330, 6230, 6101, 6021, 6126, E75, E73, N900, N8, E6, E7, N9. There's a Samsung in there somewhere too, but...we don't talk about that.
Please use plain text.
Sage
dj_nick_t

@michaelx: pls don't confuse 059D981 (Orange RO branded variant) with my N8's prod code: 059D918 (Country Variant Romania) :-)
I have PR1.2 since it was officially released back in March.
Previous (starting with '99): 5110 (2 pcs.); 6110; 6150 (2 pcs.); 6210; 6310i; 6680; N70; N73; N82 Silver; N97 Transition Black; N97 mini Cherry Black; iPhone 3GS 16GB Black; iPhone 4 16GB Black; N8-00 Dark Grey; iPhone 4S 16GB Black
Current: 808 PureView Black (Nokia Belle FP2, v113.010.1507) & iPhone 5s 32GB Space Gray (iOS 7.0.6)
Please use plain text.
Jokia

Yep nokton12, 

I think that's a wise decision!

I have the same model, running smoothly ever since purchase, and I share your thoughts about the  Anna-update.

I made a little list of all the things that seem to possible go wrong after updating and its HUGE!

Seems even the 30fps camera update doesn't work ( the most important reason for updating along with internet-experience (also sucks) anyway.

Greetings (and stay put :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
donofworld

There is no coordination between damian dinning-nokia beta labs developers-nokia employees obviously!......with drums rolling...Damian dinning posted mega camera update post on nokia blog just to disappoint nokia users that 30fps was not included in update haha!
"If I'm helpful in anyway, a click of appreciation on the star button would be considered as thanks.....Current phone Nokia Lumia 920
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
nikosvis

**bleep** nokia , **bleep** elop **bleep** anna **bleep** marika... you are liers, i m boring you!! **bleep**...i prefer sony ericson and android..death nokia , 1 year for one update anna..?? you are to slow like a turtle idiots....

Please use plain text.
jokerasya

@Phantomias

okay,i have googled the product code.geez, didn't see that one coming though.

i see,so i just happened to buy an abandoned branded phone.

when would be the update for the rest of us? they have the schedule to follow,haven't they?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
PaulGrenfell

Dont have a clue whats going on..Anna started rolling out, then stopped.. Sim free sets have been overlooked.. Facebook is giving many the impression Anna has been scrapped in favour of Belle.
10mths of waiting, for a simple portrait qwerty.
strewth..! .
Please use plain text.
Advisor
kakirou02

belle in favour of anna? then what, start rolling out the suddenly stops leaving many nokia users disappointed?
when you reach customer care for clarification about the updates, they will simply reply as if updates are going as normal. clean your mess with anna first.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
PaulGrenfell

Ive had Nokia phones for past 10 years ..About 15 handsets between my Wife and self.. Currently have N8 and E7 and for the first time , i am actually considering an Iphone..That says a lot..
Please use plain text.
Ex-employee (retired)
skyee

Some more Q&As... I will be checking here as much as possible.

1) I did the update via NSU and don't see application packages: I just got that one clarified - the problem is with NSU. It will never show you the application packages - that's why OviSuite/OTA is the official way to update. Please connect to OviSuite or use OTA to poll for the missing updates. (As for OviSuite, it has the same 24h cache as the Software Update client in your phone and won't show you "new-new" updates if you poll several times within a 24h window. So, even if you check OviSuite every hour for new updates, it won't show you anything unfortunately.)

2) Camera Update for N8: For the ones who haven't seen the conversations blog post yet, here's the link: http://conversations.nokia.com/2011/08/22/nokia-n8-camera-mega-update-beta-test-open/ . This also includes a "how to download" section at the end.

3) For Quickoffice not being available: The only solution is to download Symbian Anna 1/2 as that includes the corresponding files.

4) Finland C6-01: Those were unfortunately missed during Thursday publishing - I'm really sorry for this. We've now put them online for OviSuite update availability late yesterday night, and the OTA files will follow during today. (And for the ones who are crosschecking that information with the list I posted earlier: I hope it's obvious, that that excel showed exactly the status on Thu 18th - so doesn't include any codes that got finished during the last days.)

5) As for the "outstanding launch countries": We announce the new countries here and I'll open a separate thread each week so that this kind of info doesn't get lost. So, if you haven't been on the list of GoLive countries yet, we'll tell you once more updates are avaliable.

@bat400: I'm checking with the UK team at the moment what's the problem with your variant. I see it as not finished yet, so need to investigate.

@x_markus_x: We should get some approvals from Voda today - I'm waiting for the details which products/variants are included.

@jokerasya: your phone is a branded Maxis dark grey variant (APAC_1_Maxis MY dark grey, to be exact), I just crosschecked - and that's why there's no update available yet. Really sorry!

And for everybody who is in a country matching my list in post no.2 (and not falling under the exceptions I posted) but still not getting the update - I need your productcode. Without a productcode, I can't do anything as we have thousands of different variants...

Please use plain text.