Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Symbian Anna for N8

Registered Member
sha_meem

Symbian Anna for N8

Run a software update.. it is released.. 

Please use plain text.
Sage
evildragon

Still not getting it here in the USA for me.
Please use plain text.
Sage
evildragon

I wrote a letter to the local attorney general. I'm tired of just sitting around watching Nokia get away with this kind of business. I also wrote Nokia a nice long letter informing them they have been reported, and if need be, will take this further.

I, like others here in the US, paid a LOT of money for this phone (as no carrier offers it here), so we shouldn't be getting treated like this.
Please use plain text.
Sage
andy232

@evildragon: We're all tired of it, but I'm not sure if writing a letter is going to help. Nokia will just turn round and say, "We said by the end of August" so there's still time. Thanks to the USA's carriers shortsightedness in not including your N8 or my E7 in their offerings, we had to buy them at full retail price, which is a lot of $. Nokia should try harder to look after customers here, but clearly they have us down the list of priority. Let's hope we get it soon. I agree though, we're being treated very poorly, and IMO, none of this would seem half as bad if they just told us exactly WHEN we can update. Even if they said, "USA: August 29th" I'd be happier than I am now.
Nokias: 232, 3210, 3330, 6230, 6101, 6021, 6126, E75, E73, N900, N8, E6, E7, N9. There's a Samsung in there somewhere too, but...we don't talk about that.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Coolwan

I am not sure if it's called Sybian Anna, but just installed a new version of software on the phone and it is a vast improvement!

Much more friendly, and so far no error messages! It has only been 1 day but I live in hope.

It still has it's fabulous 12megpixel camera which with the Panorama software produces great results. Hope the Satnav is now quicker to find itself.....yet to be tested....iPlayer works well, but seems a little soft compared to the videos that are shot, but not a major issue, though one to be improved.

All in all, I am impressed with the feel and improved speed of the update and hope it satisfies most concerns.

Please use plain text.
borator

Hi All,

I also have problem updateing N8 to Symbian Anna.

Few minutes ago I installed the newest Nokia Software Updater, but it still cannot find the update for Anna.

I have also attaached a prinscreen of the updater.

Could you advice me what to do?

Thank you in advance.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
FritzvonTosser

There is absolutly no excuse for Symbian Anna not to be available in North America.On 25th August 2011, ovi store presented me with an app choice. Download Meet Symbian Anna to quickly dowload Anna. I download the app, and as big a tease as a lap dancer, I went for the update now button. And just like the crushing blow from a bouncer, my mobile notified me that the there are NO UPDATES AVAILABLE. Are they having a laugh. A multi-billion dollar corporation has not excuse for dragging its feet. And that is the bottom line.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
tanthianlok

Glad to hear ppl are happy with the symbian Anna update as I still HAVEN'T been able to get any update in Europe particularly in the Netherlands!! Stupid Nokia, they really are playing with customer's loyalty! My N8, N900 and 6720c, 6210 and 8250 (yes i still have them oh and operates daily) will be my last Nokia I ever own. Definitely buying other brand in the future! In between the announcement on software update for N8 and the launch date, my iPhone has already updated its software 11 times, keeping up with new improvements little by little as Nokia should do instead of focusing on upgrading all in one go which cost them way too much time!!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
your_sam

[ Edited ]

Dear Support,

I had purchased two Nokia N8 recently 2 weeks ago, before purchasing i already had used Nokia E63, E71, E72, 5800 and X6, on all of these sets i never faced trouble while configuring email of my official email address which is working on IMAP server. when ever i purchased any new set i just configure this email account first and all of the other email addresses of mine such as Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail and OVI are displayed automatically on my device as well as on http://email.nokia.com, after purchasing N8 i am very much disappointed that no email account can be synchronized with email.nokia.com and i have to manually receive the emails every time, I called the nokia support center of Pakistan on UAN Number 1111-NOKIA many times but they have no solution of this problem. could you please look into this matter and give me any solution or tell me exactly what's wrong with this N8. if the push email service of nokia messeging and synchronizing with email.nokia.com is not possible then i have to switched it to any other set like Motorola Black Berry. I am using Nokia since year 1997, and expecting a solution of this problem from your side. Waiting for prompt and positive reply.

Best Regards,

Sameer Ahmed

Moderator's Note: E-mail address was removed. It is unwise to publish personal contact information on a public forum.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Raven67

Yeah, downloaded this update yesterday and installed it, after several tries where connection was cut and announced "update server not available"... ok, so now it is in, finally. I work abroad (I'm finnish) and today travelling via several airports, I had to shut the N-8 down for the flights and in the airports I tried to activate it again...surprise surprise it states "Failed to start the phone, contact your retail seller" in finnish so sorry if this is not accurate in english. N-8 has never done this before...way to go Nokia!!! The very last Nokia phone I'm going to own...here I come Samsung, Apple, HTC etc. Bye bye Nokia! It was fun until I bought N-97 and N-8...never again!

Please use plain text.
ddriessen80

I'm wondering how I can check what OS version I have on my N8.

When checking using Ovi Suite it shows Devicesoftware vesion 014.002

But I'm not sure if this actually has anything to do with the OS on the device.

Can anyone tell me how I can check what OS version I'm running on my N8?

- Design a different world
Please use plain text.
borator

You can learn a lot about your phone by dialing *#0000#, but you can see the same informaton using the GUI of the phone, usually in "settings" -> "Phone" -> "Phone management".

Please use plain text.
rattar69

Well we are nearing the end of the first week of Sept. and those of us in North American, have yet to been able to install the Symbian Anna. Mean while Anna has been available through out most of Europe for several weeks. For me it just goes to show Nokia's commitment to the North American market and why they are getting the snot kicked out of them by their competitors. If only Nokia would wake up and be more proactive, as well as showing that they have an interest in being competitive GOBALLY. As a long time supporter and user of Nokia devices, I am finding it hard to stand by their products - in the North Americanmarket - for it is apparent that Nokia is concentrating on Europe and Asia, making the North American market an after thought

Please use plain text.
Advisor

In the dial press *#0000#.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
jaan786

yes it is available now for n8...symbion anna....love it

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jaan786

i install the symbian anna in my nokia n8 but office and adobe reader are missing now ..plz tell how i install them because i try to install these two applications from ovi store but these are not installing....

Please use plain text.
Contributor
PauloBecker

[ Edited ]

Come on Nokia, 

It's already been like what, a month since Anna was released? And where is the US update??? Please don't make the N8 be the last Nokia phone I ever buy :smileysad:

MODERATOR'S NOTE:

Please avoid using foul and offensive languages in this forum.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
SaintMikes2

The Symbian Anna update HAS been released in many countries around the world, but Nokia N8 users in North America are NOT currently able to download Anna.

I have checked everyday for the last month. I have been very satisfied with my N8, but I would really appreciate the portrait qwerty that accompanies Anna. I am growing increasingly frustrated that Symbian Anna has been provided for customers around the world, but NOT given to customers in North America. 

It shouldn't be that tough to provide loyal North American customers with an update that has been promised and released in other countries for weeks on end. I realize that Symbian has lower market presence in the USA, but the customers who have purchased Nokia products deserve to receive the update. Please step it up Nokia, and stand by your products! 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
charlkeehn

I can't believe they would push this as a SW update.  It has so many bugs.  Everything is slower.  Well done Nokia, you just lost my business forever.  How can i uninstall Anna? 

Please use plain text.
Professor
childofthewo_mj

:smileyhappy:

North America and Australia - Symbian Anna

We have always been last, BUT DO NOT IGNORE US AND DO NOT FORGET US. We do not like Microsoft, who cares about Nokia Windows Phone????

N8 + Symbian Anna + Symbian Belle beats the **bleep** out of Android. Of course, I do not mention the other 3 **bleep** OS, iOS, CrackBerry and BillGates.

According to this Blog. US, Canada and Aussie variants are still being worked on so we hope and we pray that Nokia does not lose its mind, like what happened when S.E. came on-board as the ultimate trojan.

http://mynokiablog.com/2011/09/22/more-symbian-anna-update-variants-to-existing-countries-usa-canada...

"More Symbian Anna update variants to existing countries; USA, Canada and Australia still being worke..."

Please use plain text.