Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Symbian Anna launch - week38 add-on's

Professor
jraduga

cooln8 wrote:

Dear @jraduga

Please refer to the email from nokia about USA release of Anna

Is this not clear enough information that as per Nokia USA, Anna was available as on 25th Aug but it is not :-) 

Also What does "Other countries are mostly confirmed for next 3 weeks" mean for you ?"

Does "other coutries""  not include USA, Australia, if that is the case then why was it not clearly mentioned that USA is not included in the mostly countries list ?  

Are  USA , Australia not a country ?

Yes they are definitely countries, but that is not the word that you should be looking at, the word is 'Mostly'. The statement says that other countries are MOSTLY confirmed for the next 3 weeks. This statement doesnt mean that ALL countries only that most countries  There is a big difference.
And as far as your letter/email goes that you included, Skyee did apologise for that and advised that the USA arm of nokia certainly should not have been sending that out and that situation was corrected shortly after it was brought to her attention. So certainly as Nokia US goes, they stuffed up initially. So i would definitely take that up with Nokia US directly, not on here. Skyee has already sorted that issue.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
CameronS

@Will_CR: Symbian^3 unstable?? Really? Can you honestly say you believe it's unstable? That's a bold statement and one I'm assuming many (including me) would disagree with. I sure hope Anna lives up to your expectations then...

And apps on Ovi that only run on Anna? I don't doubt there are such apps, but are they critical to the operation of your phone in the time from when they were released to when your phone is upgraded? I guess you could find a case to justify your distress, but it's hard to imagine one.

Is it possible that investor's perception of Nokia's. performance is based on statements such as yours rather than the quality of their products or the delivery of their customer service?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Will_CR

CameronS

Try to update Social or IM by Nokia...
Because in my case I was forced to look an older version, those updates went through  the whole installation process, rebooted the phone but never "appeared" as app installed.

Unstable? For sure, search on the Internet how many people have claimed that Symbian^3 reboot mobiles with no apparently reason, you'd be amazed... 

Search on the Internet how many people complain Symbian is a very slow OS, you'd be amazed...

All new themes are mostly "valid" for Anna only...

Some apps with upgrade don't work properly if not Anna

and better stop talking about Nokia financial performance, because it really scares...

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Dreamfall

Yes Will_CR it's true.Symbian^3 is unstable.Not only restart it's too slow.Just check how it acts after installing n uninstalling a application.like 20-30 seconds nothing work on my Nokia N8.but i saw Anna is super fast in this case.
Please use plain text.
Ex-employee (retired)
skyee

Hi all,

very briefly: Tesco UK updates as well as the UAE & Saudia Arabia country variants just got published.

BR,

yvonne

Please use plain text.
Sage
jake20

[ Edited ]

well, since Nokia only releases updates once a week, it looks like no USA update this week again..

And the silence on the progress of the USA release is not good.. i honestly do not expect it to be released anytime soon..

what skyee fails to realize is that we hate silence, its the worst.. at least give an update that you are still working on it, and getting closer maybe even.

But saying nothing at all is just poor communication skills.. and it leaves Nokia open to much more criticism than if they just gave any kind of update. something, anything on the current progress..

Please use plain text.
Sage
ghaikal

Thanks Skyee, i'm updating now, Saudi Arabia
Haikal
Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga

[ Edited ]

jake20 wrote:

well, since Nokia only releases updates once a week, it looks like no USA update this week again..

And the silence on the progress of the USA release is not good.. i honestly do not expect it to be released anytime soon..

what skyee fails to realize is that we hate silence, its the worst.. at least give an update that you are still working on it, and getting closer maybe even.

But saying nothing at all is just poor communication skills.. and it leaves Nokia open to much more criticism than if they just gave any kind of update. something, anything on the current progress..

I really dont understand what more you want from Skyee, every week she announces updates as to who can have it, she also has said for the last few updates that Australia, USA and Canada are not released as yet and are being worked on. Does this not tell you something. 

Surely this says to you that it is not ready currently for any of the countries. Now stop thinking that the USA are the only ones left. Skyee can not give you a time of when it will be released until its ready to be released. Am talking of poor communication skills, if you try reading skyees posts then you would find that she is telling you what the current situation is.

Have you stopped to think that if she could give you a time frame, that she would, if for nothing else except to stop all of the USA whinging and whinging.  Try reading her posts of releases such as this one below. please read the bit in red :smileyhappy: I highlighted it just for you

Re: No update available? - Post your productcode & I'll check.

And some more answers...

- Saudia Arabia / UAE country variants, eg. 059G023 / 059G135: Our team is working on the updates for those and as long as we don't have the update files published you can't update. So, if somebody else can already update to Anna he/she most likely uses a different productcode.

- Ghana, 059F6L7: This one is actually a US variant & you have to wait for the US release of Symbian Anna.

- 059D8G5 Hungary: This one is already available for update.

- 059G146 Australia vs. 059G9N0: Again, a question of which variant belongs to which country. The first one is valid for NewZealand, and NZ released Anna already.

- 059b288 UK swap: You're correct & that's a swap code. I'm just getting back to the local UK team for help and posting them your case, as that's definitely NOT the way they should have handled your case.

And as stated already in some posts: Symbian Anna is unfortunately not available for Australia, US & Canada yet - but we're working on it.

pS: As for the Simfree variants - the local teams decide what will be released when & where. So, even for Simfree variants testing needs to be done. And only then we will release an update. That has nothing to do with which servers something is loaded on - as all updates go on the same servers, no matter if it's simfree or not.

ppS: To be now really, really, really clear on the 5800 questions: 5800 = this is NOT a Symbian3 device = NO Symbian Anna update :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Sage
jake20

[ Edited ]

I want an update on what is holding up the USA release.

skyee has given these kinds of specific updates for other variants, but for the U.S update.. nothing.

She has never actually even promised that the update is coming to the U.S and All posts by skyee even relating to the U.S release have been intentially vague, which is also leading to much speculation and frustration.

Nokia is bringing on this criticism themselves. They can end it right now with a simple sentence like this..

"Rest assured that Symbian Anna is coming to the USA for certain by End of October. We apologise for the extended delay, and we are currently working hard to resolve the outstanding issues."

Thats is all it would take, just some simple basic customer communication skills.

But sadly skyee and Nokia will just not do this, and so they will continue to receive well deserved criticism.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
jamrock60

[ Edited ]

Good by NOKIA. I am having problem with my E7 dowloading and installing software from the OVI store. I was waiting on the new release to fix the problem. It never came. I got a samsung windows phone and was able to update to Mango this morning. I am done with NOKIA.

MODERATOR'S NOTE:

Please avoid using foul and offensive languages in this forum.

Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga

jake20 wrote:

I want an update on what is holding up the USA release.

skyee has given these kinds of specific updates for other variants, but for the U.S update.. nothing.

She has never actually even promised that the update is coming to the U.S and All posts by skyee even relating to the U.S release have been intentially vague, which is also leading to much speculation and frustration.

Nokia is bringing on this criticism themselves. They can end it right now with a simple sentence like this..

"Rest assured that Symbian Anna is coming to the USA for certain by End of October. We apologise for the extended delay, and we are currently working hard to resolve the outstanding issues."

Thats is all it would take, just some simple basic customer communication skills.

But sadly skyee and Nokia will just not do this, and so they will continue to receive well deserved criticism.

In every post Skyee has made she has said that Australia is not released Yet, US is not released yet etc. its been the same for all other countries. The only time when things changed from that format, is when it been released in a country but a certain carrier hadnt been released and she would say they are working with the carrier concerned.

Now the USA and Canada and Australia have not been released yet and she has stated that they are currently working on it. She cant tell you more than they are working on it, if they are actually working on it. She will not be able to tell you anymore than that. The statement of 'we are currently working on it 'and 'It hasnt been released YET', should tell anyone that they are working on it for those countries.

She will have to rely on the various arms of nokia eg nokia USA, to advised of when it is ready and passed all testing. until then Skyee obviously wont be able to say anything more to it. She has never advised any country of time frames except to say you will able to download the update tomorrow evening after she has announced the release for that country.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Skywalker75

Guys,

Skyee is the last person you should be directing your criticism at. She does a fantastic job at keeping us informed on this forum. The ones you should be criticising are the clowns behind the scenes.

All I can say is thank god this will be the last Symbian device I ever own. This situation is totally unacceptable. Not once did I go through any update hassles with the N900.  

Please use plain text.
Advisor
josemlemos

Thank you Skyee for getting us informed about the releases. It is a wonderful work, the one you are doing. I wonder if there's any ETA for the Anna release for USA. Thanks a lot!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
PaulDTroy

I agree, the FW update proceedure has been a debacle from day one..

No more Symbian from me.. Exception of N9 which appears to be free of this hassle as was the N900..

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Dreamfall

Guys don't waste ur time asking for Updates for USA.I was having the same problem no update for my N8 (059C8T6) n C7 so i sold out my C7 already.I'm happy with my new Windows phone.For sure Nokia will do the same thing with the Symbian Belle release for USA.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
cooln8

I think I am thinking to sell my N8 too if Nokia doesnt release Anna software in USA before iPhone 5 is launched (next week Oct 4 is the date) , I will be surprised that Nokia will be able to pull this off  before they lose a long time customer forever

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

According to Nokia USA website FAQ'a, Anna will indeed be avilable in the USA.  They even have a link to enter your e-mail address for notification.  Check it out at:

http://www.nokiausa.com/us-en/support/faq/?action=singleFAQ&caseid=FA136219_en_US

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
PaulGrenfell

[ Edited ]

I think the updates will be be delayed for several more weeks for Australia..

According to Vodafone Australia:

"UPDATE: September 28, 2011

For Nokia N8, E7 and C7 users out there waiting on Nokia Symbian Anna update, just letting you know that we have started testing and expect completion in the next few weeks.

As soon as we know more information regarding completion of testing, we will update on this blog post."

Thanks to

SirBelligerent (WP)

Please use plain text.
Sage
Akuma07

PaulGrenfell wrote:

I think the updates will be be delayed for several more weeks for Australia..

According to Vodafone Australia:

"UPDATE: September 28, 2011

For Nokia N8, E7 and C7 users out there waiting on Nokia Symbian Anna update, just letting you know that we have started testing and expect completion in the next few weeks.

As soon as we know more information regarding completion of testing, we will update on this blog post."

Thanks to

SirBelligerent (WP)

Can you give us your source please?

Hit the white star if I have helped you =]
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
PaulGrenfell

Please use plain text.