Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Symbian Anna now live in 7 more countries! (we...

Contributor
emotio

Re: Symbian Anna now live in 7 more countries! (week34)

i live in sweden please anwser me i cant get update until nowwwwwww???????

Please use plain text.
Contributor
emotio

please anwser me 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
skyradio

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Gabytre

Hello, Skyee. I'm in Argentina and I have a pink N8 product code 059G700, wich is not included in the list of the product codes with available Anna update. Why is this? When can I expect to be able to download it? Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
emotio

we know that but no update in sweden where are the problem??
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
VeryBadGuy

Can the reasons for these delays be explained to the general public. Is there a valid reason why customers who were promised, teased and abused for months now find themselves waiting again? Every day a new online blog posts some review of Anna or Belle for us to read and yearn for but ultimately not recieve. I don't live in Madagascar or Papau New Guinea but in Italy. And what I want to know is while the rest of the planet apparently seems to be enjoying Anna and while Nokia adds insult to injury by showing off Belle , why are we forced to wait an extra month for this update? First time another handset makers releases a handset with a compareable camera I am switching again. I for one am absolutely tired of this abuse from Nokia. If they had had the common sense that God gave a retarded chimpanzee they would have released it simultaneously for all. And what do we have to look forward to with Belle? Another wait long after the privileged and choosen few will be allowed to download it while Nokia announces some other big thing to try to distract us from such a horrid lack of customer service.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

VeryBadGuy wrote:

Can the reasons for these delays be explained to the general public. Is there a valid reason why customers who were promised, teased and abused for months now find themselves waiting again? Every day a new online blog posts some review of Anna or Belle for us to read and yearn for but ultimately not recieve. I don't live in Madagascar or Papau New Guinea but in Italy. And what I want to know is while the rest of the planet apparently seems to be enjoying Anna and while Nokia adds insult to injury by showing off Belle , why are we forced to wait an extra month for this update? First time another handset makers releases a handset with a compareable camera I am switching again. I for one am absolutely tired of this abuse from Nokia. If they had had the common sense that God gave a retarded chimpanzee they would have released it simultaneously for all. And what do we have to look forward to with Belle? Another wait long after the privileged and choosen few will be allowed to download it while Nokia announces some other big thing to try to distract us from such a horrid lack of customer service.

I agree with all of the above i am in Spain and all I have is a vague answer ie..".. they are working with the operators to get those updates out.."

Sorry that reply means nothing to me i want an assurance that I am going to get the Anna update and if so approximately when.

Furthermore if I am not going to get the update then I want to know the reasons why

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
VeryBadGuy

Okie I must apologize as I now understand that the decision is up to Nokia Italy. While living here I am not actually Italian and if I had known it was actually up to Italians to release the software I would have sold the phone long ago. With a release date in the middle of August there was no way as Italians are all too busy laying in the sun by the sea to ever do any actual work like they do in the rest of the world. So apparently software releases scheduled for August for the rest of the world are just like summer blockbuster films here in Italy. They are always released months later.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
noreply

How big is the update? I do not see my productcode listed in the list, yet I can update tru OTA. I do know the update exist in 2 parts.

I'm backing up my N8 and will perform the update.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
emotio

i live in sweden please anwser me i cant get update until now

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Rollindice

[ Edited ]

I live in South America Guyana, (only native english speaking country in SA) ,I've read about this phone for sometime, before purchasing, I've also read on the news over and over that Nokia will roll out Anna updates with new models starting July 2011, because I've heard such news , I held back, my gf sees me reading about N8 daily and then told me she'll purchase it for my bday ( August 10th) ,

She purchased the N8 from Amazon, so I have the NAM version,  and behold , I received without the Anna update!!! I always was wondering why users who buoght the N8 was so frustrated with getting Anna update, now i know why.

Not because the phone isn't functioning well without it, it is! but when such a great company is losing market share, it's your customers , your loyal and your new ones that you need to keep satisfied.

Now 4 new phones launch in Hong Kong with Symbian Belle, then tells your customers and others that all symbian 3 devices will update to it, doesn't give us much hope when the Anna isn't released as yet!

A Schedule would be great to see, like many others have commented. Nokia we love you, you are a great company but sometimes it gets to me, this might be the key reason many of your customers are switching from your handsets.

It would be appreciated to rollout smaller firmware updates if possible to get things going instead of big ones if that's possible.

Schedule Please!

MODERATOR'S NOTE:  This post has been edited to remove reference to an unauthorised Nokia procedure that may have unforeseen damaging side-effects, which in turn may invalidate the warranty of a Nokia device.

Nothing is as it seems

If I've helped , click the Star under my name

Please use plain text.
Contributor
noreply

Done! Update succesfull. I am now testing if all works as it should be.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

@emotio
have you read the terms and conditions of an update?
If you Cant update there is no update for you,updates vary by region and product code and operator branded handsets.
For the rest of the people that Cant update you wil just have to wait like everybody else.
Thats the way it is and always will be like it or not.
As i have mentioned in the open letter to Nokia this lottery release of updates has to stop and stop now and leave people waiting.

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Contributor
noreply

Done testing all works fine. No missing apps, hangups or whatsoever. Tired as I am I  go to take a short nap.

Please use plain text.
Sage

Old news from 8-25.  No new variants added as of now.  Perhaps later?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
nicce

Hi Yvonne,

Do you have a date a for Switzerland?

Thank you,

Niclas

Please use plain text.
biondi27

[ Edited ]

Well, I'm Italian and I have living in the Americas region and guess what? my north american variant N8 has no update available yet so, I don't think it is Italian's fault but Nokia's.

Edit: this was a reply to Very Bad Guy

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Rasha_Zemun

I have one question. Understand that i will have to wait for update, (Serbia), but there is a matter i`m confused. I bought my N8 via provider (Telekom Srbija) and there are some roumors that Anna can`t be installed on phones bought via provider. Is that true?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
gonxs

@Gabytre hi, I'm from Argentina too . I have a Nokia N8 product code 059JD71 and is not in the list. My device is operating with Personal (Telecom Argentina) and the latest update (PR 1.2) wasn't approved by cellphone company. I have the same question because in Argentina Mobile company takes too long to approve this kind of big updates. I hope someone of Nokia can tell me an estimated time that I have to wait, in this way is dificult to hang on. So, when should I expect this update from appearing on my phone?.

PS: chanels on twitter and Facebook couldn't be more inoperant, I mean they never take away a doubt about this kind of information, wich I consider really important for Nokia users in Argentina.

Please use plain text.
neo144

when would be available for my product code: 059D1K6 Switzerland ?

give me a date, please!

Please use plain text.