Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Symbian Anna released for the US!

Ex-employee (retired)
skyee

Symbian Anna released for the US!

Hi all!

We are very pleased to announce that Symbian Anna (025.007) is now available in the US for all Nokia C6-01, Nokia E7 and Nokia N8 US models!

Please find a full list of US product codes below, that can now download Symbian Anna. (To check your product code, just type *#0000# on your phone.)

Generic North America Vanilla variants

C6-01 059C3W3 / 059C3W4 / 059C3P6 / 059C3P9

E7 059C996 / 059C997 / 059C998 / 059C999 / 059C9B0 

N8 059G196 / 0599218 / 0599222 / 0599226 / 0599230 / 0599236

US Customized variants:

E7 059F6L7 / 059F6L8

N8 059D111 / 059C8T6 / 059D110 / 059D112 / 059G700 / 059D0V2

The update includes for example the following new features:

•  Fresher, renewed look with new icons and wallpapers, and split screen view for Messaging, Mail, Browser, Phonebook, Calendar, and Maps

• Improved full QWERTY virtual keypad with split screen view and faster access to special characters

• New, faster and easier-to-use browser, with new search features, and most used features available with one tap

• New Maps version, with improved search, a public transport network view, and a new Check-in feature for sharing info about places through social networking services

• Improved calendar, enabling you to create and accept meeting invitations through

• Mail Microsoft Communicator Mobile available

• Improved information and communication security

• New versions of Ovi Store and QuickOffice

• Performance and usability improvements

If you have any questions or run into any issues, please be sure to check our online FAQs for Symbian Anna: www.nokiausa.com/us-en/support/faq/?qt=anna&action=faqSearch

Please use plain text.
Sage
andy232

Today is the day!! ANNA in the USA!!

Just got this email  :smileyhappy:   Just checked on my E7 - it's there!!  :smileyhappy:  :smileyhappy:

Hello!

You recently provided your email address on NokiaUSA to be notified once we have an update on the Symbian Anna software availability in the United States.

We are very pleased to announce that the Symbian Anna software update is now available for all Nokia C6-01, Nokia E7 and Nokia N8 US models!

Please find a full list of US product codes, that can now download Symbian Anna. (To check your product code, just type *#0000# on your phone.)

Generic North America Vanilla variants

C6-01 059C3W3 / 059C3W4 / 059C3P6 / 059C3P9

E7 059C996 / 059C997 / 059C998 / 059C999 / 059C9B0

N8 059G196 / 0599218 / 0599222 / 0599226 / 0599230 / 0599236

US Customized variants:

E7 059F6L7 / 059F6L8

N8 059D111 / 059C8T6 / 059D110 / 059D112 / 059G700 / 059D0V2

To update your software, please follow the instructions at www.nokiausa.com/softwareupdate . Please always be sure to back-up your data before updating.

The following new features and updating options are available with the Symbian Anna update:

• Fresher, renewed look with new icons and wallpapers, and split screen view for Messaging, Mail, Browser, Phonebook, Calendar, and Maps
  • Improved full QWERTY virtual keypad with split screen view and faster access to special characters
  • New, faster and easier-to-use browser, with new search features, and most used features available with one tap
  • New Maps version, with improved search, a public transport network view, and a new Check-in feature for sharing info about places through social networking services
  • Improved calendar, enabling you to create and accept meeting invitations through
  • Mail Microsoft Communicator Mobile available
  • Improved information and communication security
  • New versions of Ovi Store and QuickOffice
  • Performance and usability improvements

After the update, depending on your country/operator, you might have to create a Nokia account (or sign in with your existing account), which enables you to use Nokia Maps, Ovi Store and much more without always signing in.

If you have any questions or run into any issues, please be sure to:

We sincerely thank you for your patience and hope you enjoy Symbian Anna.

Kind regards,

NokiaUSA Customer Care

P.S. Once you have had a chance to use the new software, please let us know what you think!

http://digiumenterprise.com/answer/?inv=35408643&chk=2UQM5P38

If the link doesn't open copy and paste it to the browser's address bar.

Nokias: 232, 3210, 3330, 6230, 6101, 6021, 6126, E75, E73, N900, N8, E6, E7, N9. There's a Samsung in there somewhere too, but...we don't talk about that.
Please use plain text.
Sage
andy232

Thank you skyee!! Thank you!!  :smileyhappy:  :smileyhappy:

Nokias: 232, 3210, 3330, 6230, 6101, 6021, 6126, E75, E73, N900, N8, E6, E7, N9. There's a Samsung in there somewhere too, but...we don't talk about that.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
abdallah1993

thanks very much i too happy today because of this news
If I've helped in any way, a click upon the star over on the left would always be appreciated.

If however my answer also solves your problem clicking below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

Finally you guys are getting Anna... That too version 25 which is still not available for many people who got version 22. So its was worth the wait. Even though it was late, you've got the latest... Cheers!
blitZkid
Nokia C7: Running on Nokia Belle
"If I'm helpful in anyway, a click of appreciation on the star would be nice"
Please use plain text.
Advisor
dcwirtz

[ Edited ]

There's still no update for the Astound, the C7 available from T-Mobile. AFAIK, that's the only recent Symbian phone actually tied to a carrier in the US. Any word on then the Astound will be updated? 059F8H2

Please use plain text.
Advisor
josemlemos

Thank you so much skyee!!! It was worth the waiting. Now I'm updating my phone :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga

Now that you guuys finally got it. you can all write and let the rest of know what its like...how the battery, how is the social app etc.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Skyjuice

thank you for all your hard work Skyee... your updates throughout were greatly appreciated!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
lonewulf70

question for those who have already started updating in the US with 25.007

did you have any problems?

did you have the new social app (beta) installed and if so did the update over write that? or just around it?

im hesitant after waiting since August for an update - been watching and waiting patiently - but am travelling in a few days and dont want to be with a phone that has issues because of an update.

i know the issues i have with 14.xxx - been getting very laggy recently and my sent box maxes out at 999 message (to name a few) :smileyhappy:

so what is the opinion and result so far?

fyi - i do see the update now - 059D0V2

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Skyjuice

I so far haven't noticed a difference in the new social app, it appears that anna installed around it.
Please use plain text.
americanlifes

I try to update and get device fail when are in 99%

I try it 4 times, then hard reset, then update and the same problem

Some solution?

Please use plain text.
Ex-employee (retired)
skyee

Hi all,

regarding C7 for TMO-US (059F8H2), we don't have approval from T-mobile yet. That's why it's not included in my list further up.

BR,

yvonne

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Erwin_Carrera

Thank you so much Nokia, last update for USA... Symbian Anna v.25.007 :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Advisor

love you skyee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

A little off topic, but is there a difference between the Generic North America Vanilla variants and the US Customized variants? If there is, what is the difference?

I noticed that the Generic ones got he update last week whereas the Customized ones got it today.

Please use plain text.
hpxprt

[ Edited ]

Installed Symbian Anna on Ovi Suite for the US Customized N8  059C8T6 (268 MB).

Installed Symbian Anna Update 2/2  + Anna Service Pack successfully.

Symbian Anna Update 1/2 failed to install.

/t5/Software-Updates/US-E7-Symbian-Anna-Service-pack-1-2-update-failure/td-p/1188285

Please use plain text.
wacnok

Thank you! The upgrade ran without a glitch this morning.

I'll have to continue my Social and Anna service pack updates when I get home tonight since Ovi Suite has never worked with the network connection at the office. But so far so good, and my Mail issues seems to have been resolved with Anna, and overall performance is noticeably better.

Please use plain text.
Sage
andy232

skyee wrote:

Hi all,

regarding C7 for TMO-US (059F8H2), we don't have approval from T-mobile yet. That's why it's not included in my list further up.

BR,

yvonne

Well if you have an Astound, good luck. I have been asking T-Mobile about Anna since she was announced in August, both on the phone and in person in their stores - not ONCE did anyone know what I was talking about. I felt like I was just making it up. Absolutely ridiculous, so if you have a T-Mobile branded C7 (Astound) I'd be astounded (haha) if you suddenly get T-Mobile approval. Thank the Lord for unlocked phones!!

Please use plain text.
Sage
andy232

Interesting point (I'm not complaining but...)  aren't our phones supposed to tell us about the available updates automatically? The update has been out now for around 4 hours, and yet I've received no notification on my E7, even though I've set it to Check Automatically for Updates (like we were told to!)

Those guys still waiting in Australia, maybe you shouldn't just rely on your phone telling you when Anna will out for you. Mind you, if you're reading this...  :smileytongue:

:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.