Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Symbian Anna released for the US!

Counsellor
cooln8

@skyjuice

Swype worked for me without any issues in protrait mode with split screen straight out ot installing Anna

Its awesome and prettty accurate.

Please use plain text.
Ex-employee (retired)
skyee

Hi all,

I'll just re-post what I've added to another thread a bit earlier, in case somebody reading here has problems:

What should I do if I get an error message that the installation of the Symbian Anna 1/2 installation pack failed?

There are two solutions on how to resolve this issue:

1) We have distributed a new version of the Symbian Anna 1/2 installation pack, that you can easily download by using the software update application on your phone (which is visible under Menu>Applications>Software Update on N8 & E7 or Menu>Applications>Tools>Software Update for C6-01 & C7). Note: If you have used the Software Update app in the last 24 hours, please reset the cache by changing the date of your phone to a date 4 weeks from now.

2) Even if you got the message that the update failed, most of the content did get installed nevertheless. The only applications missing are QuickOffice and Adobe pdf reader. To finish the installation for those, you can download QuickOffice and the Adobe pdf reader via the following links:

- http://dl.nokia.com/sdo/Adobe.sis

- http://dl.nokia.com/sdo/Quick_Office.sis   

BR,

yvonne

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

@smis2
No, you don't get the betalabs camera update with the regular Anna update to your phone. You have to add it after you update to Anna.

David
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
the_Jackalope

I just spoke to a T-Mobile rep...she said they had not reached an agreement with Nokia....that is as of 27 Oct 2011...fingers crossed, hoping for the best.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

@skyee, the solution for installing Adobe.sis must have been the answer. I installed that and the "1/2" update that I could never install has been cleared.

Thanks!
Please use plain text.
Professor
kman00

Hi guys, so whats with the new font in Anna, i'm talking about that fonts thats being used in Nokia Store and nokia battery monitor and few more.. i thought the new font (Pure) was suppose to be used everywhere.. anyways, figured i ask.. Thanks :smileyvery-happy:

Nokia N80
Nokia N82
Nokia N97
Nokia N8 Dark Gray- RM-596
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
NBinah

techbiz, thank you,
That i am doing every time!
Plus i reinstalled LinkedIn, Nokia Internet Radio, and CNN to E:\
Shazam can be reinstalled to e:\ too but i uninstalled it
Thank you for telling about Communicator - will keep it off and "on" save battery mode; then uninstall if no needed...
Please use plain text.
Contributor
jk04

@ Skyee, Thank you. You rock!!!!!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
rlatchana

I installed Anna and the other update packages on my US NAM but did not receive all the content that was indicated:

e.g. Joikuspot 3.10

Why?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

for those who're having trouble with installing Anna, try this link...
www.n8fanclub.com/2011/10/symbian-anna-update-12-and-22-failed.html?m=1
blitZkid
Nokia C7: Running on Nokia Belle
"If I'm helpful in anyway, a click of appreciation on the star would be nice"
Please use plain text.
yacoub89

Hi,

what about product code 059D391 Canada??

any updates??

Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

yacoub89 wrote:

Hi,

what about product code 059D391 Canada??

any updates??

Thank you.

Ask Rogers.

Please use plain text.
yacoub89

Hi,

I called rogers and they told me that the have not heard anything from Nokia about the update!

any new please. thanks.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
esrpradeep

Even though after sucessful installation of anna update 1/2... still the SW history tells me this update 1/2 installation is failed.. Hw to get rid of this message? or really is the installation is sucessful or not?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
cooln8

Hi

Does anyone faced this issue below ?

Oovi maps stopped working after I downloaded  and upgraded to Anna (US version) on my N8.

The maps  says "Error in Connection". 

I think all my downloaded maps (I downloaded a few US state maps offline)  might also have been wiped out from the device since I am not able to view even the local maps. 

The screen just is empty with only GPS coordinates + the Connection Error is always flashed at the top left of the screen periodically

Before the Anna upgrade , this was working good for me

Does anyone knows  how to resolve this issue

Thanks  much

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

connect your phone to Nokia suite and see whether the maps are still in your phone. If not download them. Use the new beta version of Nokia suite. Its much better than the Ovi suite.
blitZkid
Nokia C7: Running on Nokia Belle
"If I'm helpful in anyway, a click of appreciation on the star would be nice"
Please use plain text.
Advisor
dcwirtz

the_Jackalope wrote:
I just spoke to a T-Mobile rep...she said they had not reached an agreement with Nokia....that is as of 27 Oct 2011...fingers crossed, hoping for the best.
I just checked and found it became available for my T-Mobile C7 Astound today!

Please use plain text.
vedran432

[ Edited ]

Greetings everyone, 

I live in Croatia, Europe, and a few days ago I got a brand-new, unlocked E7 ( 059F6L7) from the States. It came with the S3 OS preinstalled. Naturally I wanted to update to Anna, but it doesn't show up in the SWU manager at all. I went through this and some other threads (tried both skyee's methods), but it still simply doesn't appear. 

Anna is released for the Croatian market, and now for the US one as well, and my model is listed in the first post ergo I'm finding it very difficult to see the problem here.

I didn't notice anybody with a similar problem, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanx, 

Vedran

Please use plain text.
Sage
ArminG

My US unlocked E7 lso doesn't list Anna anymore both when using Ovi or the dialer-menu.

It did briefly, but it is now gone again. (*)

One possibility could be they found bugs. In fact I'm 100% certain there is a bug with the Anna models, that after you upgrade the 1700MHz 3G band no longer works (on some SIM's). Because that band is used by T Mobile USA, they may have pulled the update.

But that is just speculation. But I'm hoping they pulled it because of this, as that would mean they finally acknowledge the issue.

*) because I'm using T Mobile USA I did not upgrade as I might lose 3G then.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
oscar11

I just bought the Nokia N8 from Amazon, product code # 059DOV2 thinking the Anna update was out. My device shows no update available.

Please use plain text.