Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Symbian Anna update for nokia 5800

Registered Member
noodat

Symbian Anna update for nokia 5800

Symbian Anna update for nokia 5800 ....when it will be available

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Re: Symbian Anna update for nokia 5800

Never, symbian Anna is only for newer symbian^3 models like the N8, C7, E7, C6-01, E6 & X7.

The 5800 is old now and unlikely to receive any major updates. It may still get updates to fix minor bugs though.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

it doesnt even have the OS base or hardware to support ANNA. :smileytongue:
If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Professor
JudaZ

So true...

It's like asking if Serivce Pack 1 for Windows 7 will be availible for Windows XP :smileyhappy:

Anna  (or what ever they want to call it) is an update for Symbian^3  .. not for anything else

Please use plain text.
Sage
lvvine

Noodat---------Check if the 5800 is going to get any update futher.. Its already reached End of Life

Symbian Anna update will never ever come for 5800, its totaly diffrent phone. It will not support it.

Please use plain text.
Professor
Vangelis290189

lvvine wrote:

Noodat---------Check if the 5800 is going to get any update futher.. Its already reached End of Life

Symbian Anna update will never ever come for 5800, its totaly diffrent phone. It will not support it.

All the above are true . But if we see a little further S^3 is also in the End of Life ! Thats a bad think to hear for a symbian user

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

Symbian^3 will last till 2014...LOL. Considering that the world ends on 2012, I dont think that matters. :smileytongue:
If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
sam_boy

i feel nokia itself is so confused about os first s60 then symbian^1 then maemo then meego then symbian^3 then anna now windows soon they have separate os for their every phone result even much newer os like bada is having a huge list of third party applicstions and hd games then s^3
Please use plain text.
Professor
Vangelis290189

chanchan05 wrote:
Symbian^3 will last till 2014...LOL. Considering that the world ends on 2012, I dont think that matters. :smileytongue:

What do you mean with "last" ? are S^3 phones going to blow up in 2014 ? By the end of 2011 NOKIA officially welcomes Windows mobile 7 meaning all developers will work on that . who is going to release update for an old OS ? Like S^1 didn't get any (major) update when S^3 came out , now S^3 will stop developing after WM7

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

@Vangelis290189 Nokia announced that they still plan on releasing up to 150million Symbian phones next year. Plus firmware updates will last till 2014. Their subsidiary(?) Digia, which is also the subsidiary that handles Qt technology development, will be handling firmware updates for Symbian.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
SaajidS

Good Day,

THe official nokia blog (Nokia Conversations) outlines that a select few devices running symbian 3.2 and symbian 5.0 will receive a further update. Technically, it cannot be called the ANNA update as that is, from my understanding, part of the Symbian^3 platform.

http://conversations.nokia.com/2011/06/29/updates-to-symbian-3-2-and-5-0/

enjoy...
for more details:

Please use plain text.
Advisor

For those who say that Anna cant work on nokia 5800 they are wrong, some have managed to install Anna (or at least most of it) on their 5800 using unofficial means (concretly it consists in flashing the phone, but with the risk of something going wrong and ending up with a bricked phone).

But of course that doesn't mean Nokia will update the 5800 and, like most of you, i doudt they will.

Please use plain text.
Professor
Vangelis290189

chanchan05 wrote:
@Vangelis290189 Nokia announced that they still plan on releasing up to 150million Symbian phones next year. Plus firmware updates will last till 2014. Their subsidiary(?) Digia, which is also the subsidiary that handles Qt technology development, will be handling firmware updates for Symbian.

those updates you are talking about will be maintenance updates and not feature updates like the ones we are receiving now (ANNA,BELLE) Right now symbian is a shutting down firm . but this may change if sales are good enough in 2012 . Symbian has its last change to prove if it worths further developing or discontinuation

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jonquirk

SW update pushed v60.0.003 to my 5800 this evening (20/10/11) with new browser 7.3.1.33. 7227KB download total
Please use plain text.
adeel5888

I have installed v 60 update of symbian anna browser on nokia 5800 it is available

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
achinbhatia

It is available as a custom firmware update. 

And nokia will stick with symbian 2016 and then stop providing updates, your phone will not blow up but you wont find help if you go to a Nokia Care store.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

achinbhatia wrote:

It is available as a custom firmware update. 

And nokia will stick with symbian 2016 and then stop providing updates, your phone will not blow up but you wont find help if you go to a Nokia Care store.

Even if your phone is working fine till 2016.. you will not like to use it if you want to stay with the technology...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
harrypunjab

i agree;you should make software updateof symbian anna/belle for nokia 5800 xpressmusic.
Please use plain text.
charleswilliam

how can i update symbian in nokia 5800
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

If your query is incomplete and what you mean is the same as the Subject line..then sorry, as mentioned in the thread this is NOT possible. 

If you want to update your Nokia 5800 to the latest available version (note that the last update was released more than a year ago..and no more update is expected..) then refer THIS to know how you can do that ...

Please use plain text.