Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Symbian Anna

Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

The icons are only a cosmetic change
to speed up switching homescreens you simply turn theme effects off.

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Sage

[ Edited ]

I think the update addresses the biggest complaints from users and it will be nice when it arrives, the delivery of updates is a pain but nearly all of really late or never updates are caused by operators not approving updates. These are the people you need to contact and put the heat on,

To the ranters(you know who you are),

Then send a message .....

For those of you not familiar with email

you can (option 1)

go to nokia.com

post a message and get a reply from them "I do".

So... Here we are with people who know how to do this and yet persist in clogging up

discussions with ranting. The options are there , so use them!

If you have a valid question ask it. -no answer here (refer to option 1)

Sorry, but this behaviour in these discussions is disgusting. A lot of  people are not involved

in discussions and are just making statements(hence not a discussion).

get yourself a blog so this can be used by people helping people.

Please use plain text.
Professor
cataholic

whatsamatteryou wrote:

To the ranters(you know who you are),

Then send a message .....

For those of you not familiar with email

you can (option 1)

go to nokia.com

post a message and get a reply from them "I do".

Perhaps the ranters also need to be reminded that if they send a pleasant, constructive and non ranting message to Nokia it may be that they will be more likely to get a reply and a more helpful one than if they rant on in that message.

Always works for me with suppliers.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

Well said Cataholic. Ones attitude is recipricol.

Ray.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
athlon7750

A lot of posts on this thread do go over the top with demands, I do not take them too seriously, it would be nice to cut through these to get to the meat of the discussion.

This is why I post on this board :-

I bought an N97, that phone was one of the worst phones I have owned, crashes, lock ups out of memory errors etc. I used the contact us button and got the normal near scripted replies. **bleep** I thought, sell it and buy another phone ( I had th N97 for just over a year).

I looked at the N8 pondered for a while, read reviews and decided against it, fair enough, but the I started reading about about updates coming to this phone in early 2011 Q1 UI updates web broswer etc, not heresay but from the likes of Nokia Senior VP Jo Harlow.

So I reconsidered the N8, then bought it just before the WP7 announcement.

Now I find that the updates are not coming early 2011 ( Split screen qwerty browser etc) but some time in the "coming months".

Do I want to get rid of my N8 ? No to be honest I like it.

After my N97 experience do I want Nokia to give me what they promised in the timescale the talked about before I bought  my n8? YES.

Until the firmware is released Nokia can still have a change of heart and not update the firmware.

I would rather keep reminding them.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Rainbow7

nokia can release the symbian^3 or symbian anna operating system for n97 mini in coming days?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

no it is not for the Nokia N97 mini its for symbian3 devices and only S^3 devices

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Rainbow7 wrote:

nokia can release the symbian^3 or symbian anna operating system for n97 mini in coming days?

No, the N97mini will never get symbian^3 or anna as it does not have the necessary internal hardware.  The N97 mini is unlikely to see any further major updates with it being a 2009 model.

If you have further questions about the N97 mini post them on the several threads you have already started today.  

Please use plain text.
Sage

@psycho

I get the feeling youre waiting for Meego
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
rkliew

jimmyireland wrote:

It should be available now in my opinion we have clearly seen the handsets just released with the new update ,also the astound has more features than the rest of us this is not acceptable,you would think now nokia would like wake up and release it now rather than fall behind even more and LET US ALL WAIT.

Having moving onto my second E7 which is very dissapointing im now finding myself moving to android and the 

Samsung Galaxy Ace

its starting to grow on me.

Nokia be loyal to all of your fans and your loyal customers release the software updates.ASAP

Yes Nokia, pls do something for your loyal fans like me. Its getting really frustrating.

Just bought 3 units of Galaxy Aces for my wife, son & daughter. I find that the Aces are way ahead of my N8 which cost so much more....

Buck up Nokia!

N8-00 Silver > P/Code: 059D1G4 > FW: 011.012
N97-RM505 (traded in)
N95-8GB (back-up phone with another Telco)
iPhone 4 (used only for web surfing)
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
PaulGrenfell

My phones almost 6mths old, and still no Portrait Qwerty..

Shouldnt PR2 Anna be available on QA by now,? seeing Astound already has it.

Please use plain text.
Sage

I hope it is soon (but I think 1-2 mths) for all versions

try opera 11 it has a portrait qwerty.... for now
Please use plain text.
Wiio

2 Things.

1 - As a company, you sells products, and when you sell products you HAVE to provide a POST sell service, and in this case, a constant plan of upgrades and fixes, and NOKIA does that. Many of the users al S3 want updates, just to find anything new, just for the exitement of "doing the update" if your phone works well, you can use it you now..(I want to admit that I love to update my handset)

So dont be such an **bleep**... and live with it, if the update come, then OK, lets update.. if not, OK too, keep using yor phone. You dont buy a phone for the updates that are to come..you But it because you like it, o because you are an idiot that buys what other people buys.

2 - Nokia does not force you to buy NOKIA products, you are free..you know. There users that threaten about going to the green robot, and guess what you are free... go..

Keep the work NOKIA, my N8 performs Great! Better that my previows phone..(SEX10)

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Your missing the whole point here and less of the attitude pal.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Advisor
gbora87

[ Edited ]

i don't care if this update is goin to release this month or the coming one..., the things i would hate to see in ANNA are:-

videos in photo gallery

on screen notification from service provider are most annoying when you're in video player or any application they should be trapped somewhere and shown only when i return to the homescreen.. because at the that tym my phone starts hanging and performs very slow on resuming the video it plays slows for a while then returns to original speed...

the present taskbar is lagging..., means when i close any application from there the remaining apps takes tym to occupy the place left behind the closed apps..

and when terminating any caal the phone shows lagging operation..

these things are annoying more than others as these are faced very frequently..

i need reply to my post ADMIN pllsss convey this msg to NOKIA..

and yes the single finger pinch to zoom is strictly prohibited... :smileymad:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
thepistol

Anna's new web browser has been well advertised as being 3x quicker.

Dose it  mean it will have 3g browsing improvements?

After PR1.1 via the wifi connections I found the web browser acceptable.

Still sluggish and chunky in comparison but acceptable.

When browsing using the 3g network the performance is not acceptable . It's totally a waste of time.

I thought is was my service, so I've changed mine to the more expensive one that my friends use, and **bleep** me it wasn't the problem.

They still make my n8 phone look like a camera.

It's a important part of the phones future upgrade for me, so if anyone could shed light  on the improvements pls tell.

Also if anyone could suggest any settings to improve my 3g browsers speed in the interim.]

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Professor
greycounciller

[ Edited ]

@thepistol

Just a little thought about the upcoming browser.

Apparently, in the HTML5 test, it scores about 111 as opposed to 29 for the current browser.

In contrast, you Galaxy S and iPhones probably hit around 220+ which is why they load much faster.

You can try the test at HTML5TEST.COM.

or read the link here http://conversations.nokia.com/2011/04/14/new-nokia-browser-faster-and-easier-to-use/

edit (Using the Opera broswer, I get around 63 via wifi so imagine that just running twice as fast)

Jurassic Park, Sam Neill to Dickie Attenborough " Mr. Hammond, the phones are working !"
N8-00 Tesco UK 059C951, Lumia 920
Please use plain text.
Sage

[ Edited ]

My opera 11 scores 234 and that is 15% better than Iphone 4.3 and 25% better than android.

but this is on html 5 compatability not speed

If you want to compare the browsers... opera11 on N8 would be more comparable to iphone.

you have a fully enabled java (to be updated to new version-anna) client.

Phones(or the browser used) that are without java do half the work so(hardly a fair comparision)

I use opera for most stuff and it is fast. for all the java flash stuff I use the nokia one as it WORKS!

Look at it this way nokia will give you a full browser (not like apple)

and if you want more speed try the opera mini versions

Please use plain text.
Advisor
nksharma

why there won't be any updates for N97 mini ? There have been regular updates for E71/E72/5800/52?? since long time ?

Please use plain text.
Professor
greycounciller

I think I read somewhere that with opera the pages are compressed via there servers then sent to the phone hence the increase in perceived speeds. Mine does actually show from 63 and then goes upto 235 which I know can't be true because be true because both opera versions aren't that fast. Infact, I find the UC Browser to be fastest, but even that only hits 49 no my phone. I find that the initiaI connection to the web painfully slow too. I know the new browser will be a great improvement over the current one, but don't think it'll be hitting the likes of Apples or Samsungs yet.
Jurassic Park, Sam Neill to Dickie Attenborough " Mr. Hammond, the phones are working !"
N8-00 Tesco UK 059C951, Lumia 920
Please use plain text.