Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Symbian Anna

Mobile Visionary
milesh

jimmyireland wrote:

It should be available now in my opinion we have clearly seen the handsets just released with the new update ,also the astound has more features than the rest of us this is not acceptable,you would think now nokia would like wake up and release it now rather than fall behind even more and LET US ALL WAIT.

Having moving onto my second E7 which is very dissapointing im now finding myself moving to android and the 

Samsung Galaxy Ace

its starting to grow on me.

Nokia be loyal to all of your fans and your loyal customers release the software updates.ASAP

Jimmy was right. I still didn't get latest update for my Nokia 5800 XpressMusic (unbranded and not a special edition) I'm really disappointed.

Next stop Android :smileywink:

Glad to help :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
donofworld

nokia has now become lazy management
my next phone will be samsung galaxy s 2
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
grimreaper

[ Edited ]

rayhipkiss wrote:
No, there is still no confirmation of Anna with the pink N8. Just a screen shot with new icons.

Ray.

I've just received a post on my Facebook from the Nokia UK page with the following

I'd rather die on my feet, Than keep living on my knee's!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
grimreaper

[ Edited ]

Conspiracy Theory!! I just went to hit "Like" and then "Comment" and the post has been removed. Either part of the information is wrong or somebody announced something they shouldn't have?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Lets hope Nokia release Anna on or before they release the N8 pink it would be a wise move to do so and a disaster move if they dont.

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
grimreaper

I hope so too. I'm Hoping that it was just the date that was wrong. When I checked the pre-order on Nokia UK the shipping date is stated as "END OF MAY 2011"
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

O.K., best case scenario then is Anna starts rolling out for the N8 at the end of May.

It then gets sent to certain countries first for the unbranded units in their various colours ( I still don't understand what difference the colour of the case makes to the firmware ). Then it gets sent out to the Network providers for them to " approve " the new firmware. So, it could still be a couple of months before many people are able to update to Anna.

Now, going back to what Psychomania said, there really isn't anything to get excited about with the new update. It doesn't really bring anything special to the handset, hence his decision to go over to an Android phone.

All the best.

Ray

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Mohamed_Yousri

Nokia N8-00
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
PaulGrenfell

Mohamed_Yousri
We know Anna is out (Astound was the first), but we want it on the N8.. ASAP
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Mohamed_Yousri

[ Edited ]

Photos are from X7-00 and all old photos was called PRD PR Demo , So Anna is so close now

Community Manager's note: Link to Youtube video removed because the soundtrack is not English. All content submitted to this forum, including external links, must be in English.

Nokia N8-00
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
PaulGrenfell

Yeah, Just Leak it on Nav and be done with it.
Doesnt matter what colour variant it is..
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
pohlipit

Are there performance improvements expected with Anna? Especially the energy consumption? Any optimisation that will increase battery life even further would be welcome. Current battery life is already a real PLUS of S^3 devices over Android or Symbian.

My Nokia history:
2110 => 6110 => 8110 => 6310 => 2300 => 2600 => 6070 => E71 => N97 Mini => E72 => C7 => E7 => E6 => 700
Please use plain text.
Contributor
alituter

who knows when will be released Anna for C6-01, is there anyone can tell us true date?

Nokia 8110, Nokia 5110 ,Nokia 3210
Nokia 6021, Nokia 6610, Nokia 6600,
Nokia 6300, Nokia 5800 and Nokia C6-01
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Nobody knows when it will be for all symbian^3 devices
this is what i hear now

What do we want "Symbian Anna" When do we want it "NOW".

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Sage
angler

Not observe battery life of N8 better than HTC Desire HD especially the Desire HD built with much larger screen and resolution, faster processor. N8 can last only 3 days vs Desire HD 2 days.
angler
Please use plain text.
Contributor
bdds100

I am using C7 with symbian^3, when symbian anna will be available for C7?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
pohlipit

Thanks for the reply. So the N8 has a 50% better battery life which is quite significant in my view. From my Android experiences (I had 6 different Android phones over the last 2 years) no phone ever lasted even a day.
Now on my E7 I get through 1.5 days, which is quite good for a feature packed phone.

My Nokia history:
2110 => 6110 => 8110 => 6310 => 2300 => 2600 => 6070 => E71 => N97 Mini => E72 => C7 => E7 => E6 => 700
Please use plain text.
Contributor
bdds100

I had android phone for 2 weeks, battery life is too short even if I didnt use phone for 8 hours it lost 30% of charge, this is a reason I always use Nokia.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

Galaxy S battery life is currently at 2 days of moderate usage. The next update promises to increase that. HTC phones on the other hand are well documented for having short battery life.

I've no idea what the battery life is on the Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc.

My N8 will last two to three days depending on use.

Ray

Please use plain text.
Sage

Please use plain text.