Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Betreff: Symbian Anna

Sage
bumblebirra

Re: Symbian Anna

I'm happy with my C7 too. Just annoyed that we loyal Nokia customers are having to wait this long for feature updates that wont bring their phones even close to the competition that exists out there. They are delaying updates because they know that people are more likely to buy a buggy phone if they know that major firmware updates are in the pipeline than if they know that they are not. Rayhipkiss, the QWERTY portrait keyboard in Opera only works in Opera - I want one so I can quickly type out text messages while standing in the street holding my phone with one hand. Does anyone know why Swype hasnt implemented one?
Why is it so hard for such a huge company like Nokia who sell billions of units around the world, to get their software right?
Please use plain text.
Sage
angler

The QWERTY portrait keyboard is not very good in N8 since the 16:9 3.5 inch small screen. Opera mini has such kind of keyboard and the key is too small to type. I would prefer T9 in portrait and full QWERTY in landscape for N8 hardware limitation. Anyway a choice for N8 user is still great for personal preference.
angler
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

jimmyireland wrote:
Nokia have yet announced more products
ANGRY BIRDS CASES
Yet we are all left waiting whilst efforts are been brought elsewhere
/t5/Nseries-and-S60-Smartphones/Angry-birds-snap-on-cases-for-S-3-phones/td-p/1019121

You seriously think that these cases are delaying the release of Anna? That is so funny!  :smileyvery-happy:

Now in the real world a completely different team of people will be responsible for this accessory and it's marketing. It's certainly not the same team that's working on software! In fact these bird cases are probably not even made by nokia!

Keep up the great work Jimmy :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Sage
andycoydwilson

[ Edited ]

I do believe Anna well be available to all S^3 devices soon especially if its available on newly released models.
My hope is after the recent fiasco's with firmware updates that nokia is addressing this and keeping the schedule close to their chest, and that they will release the update to all variants over a very short period.
I do believe nokia has been listening hence the help of Skyee on this forum.
Here's hoping they get it right, lets have some patience in anticipation.

Moderator's Note: Our rules does not allow discussions of any rumors related to alleged future Nokia products, updates and services that have not been officially announced by Nokia.

If this was helpful please click Star for Kudos

Phone history :-3210, 3100, 3200, 6230i, N73, N95-8GB, N97, N8, Lumia800, Lumia920, Lumia620, Lumia820, Lumia1020
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

psychomania wrote:

jimmyireland wrote:
Nokia have yet announced more products
ANGRY BIRDS CASES
Yet we are all left waiting whilst efforts are been brought elsewhere
/t5/Nseries-and-S60-Smartphones/Angry-birds-snap-on-cases-for-S-3-phones/td-p/1019121

You seriously think that these cases are delaying the release of Anna? That is so funny!  :smileyvery-happy:

Now in the real world a completely different team of people will be responsible for this accessory and it's marketing. It's certainly not the same team that's working on software! In fact these bird cases are probably not even made by nokia!

Keep up the great work Jimmy :smileyvery-happy:

I never said that but thanks anyway LOL keep up the good work yourself :smileyhappy:

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
binikat

bad news
on Anna(Pr.20) deleted animated themes
sorry for nokia

Pr1.2

Pr2.0 not support!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Whay?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
PaulGrenfell

There is both an On and Off switch..
Animated IS supported..
Please use plain text.
Sage
nokton12

I hope it doesn't become android or ios!!!
Nokia N9 Black
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
PaulGrenfell

Ive given up on seeing Anna on my N8. Its only got 6mths life left before i upgrade. No Chance of Belle.

Already some new " you beauty" phones on the Market, and in 6 mths time , there will be more.

One thing is definite.. I will not be buying a phone withe the promises of updates.. It will have to be FULLY FUNCTIONAL  at time of sale. With  important  things like portrait QWERTY and Browser.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
bish292

Wow, i'm happy with my N8, but there are so many who are not! Surely Nokia must be seeing this feedback? Shame, as it's a nice piece of hardware.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
clyde91

I agree with you. It's 21st century, Nokia should benchmark with other companies. Why was N8 delayed so many months, why don't we have a QWERTY keyboard, a nice browser...N8 with this software looks like 5800 and there is no major improvement...iPhone 3 is better considering apps, browser and QWERTY keyboard.

Come on Nokia, why are you so SLOW and UNRELIABLE? How many months should I wait to see my N8 at least as functional as iPhone 3GS? And notice the release date of 3GS...It's a shame. That's why you are losing market share and customers.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

[ Edited ]

I honestly believe it's time for Nokia to take some actions now. My E7 is working fine, but needs more depth to it. Default apps are a bit to shallow and lacks depth. Hopefully Anna will bring more to the table. Well, it has to bring more to the table and Nokia should be way more specific when it comes to information. It's time to go from announcing updates in quarters to announce updates in a speceific week. I think that could be one of the goals for Nokia to achive!

Nokia should be honest and clear in their strategy. I appreciate skyees contribution here, but it isn't as specific as it may seem at first look. Soon Nokia will start shipping their high end smart phones with windows and I think Nokia wants to take their smart phone customers along with the switch and hopefully make us want to buy Nokias running windows, but it's a game of give and take. I think Nokia the past years has strecthed it as far as it goes. As I see it, they really need to deliver soon.

Today the default browser is way below par of what you should be able to get out of a mobile browser. It just doesn't deliver.

If Nokia wants to hold on to me as a customer and get my money once more, they need to show me some appreciation.

Developing stable and solid software takes time. It's also important for Nokia, which is a big company which sells more phones than any other, that their phones work. They cannot risk giant failures. So I can understand that it takes time, however I feel it takes too much time.

The world didn't end, please show us some 'love' soon, would you!? :smileyhappy:

Unlimited Free Image and File Hosting at MediaFire
Please use plain text.
Sage
bumblebirra

We're all wasting our time. Nokia never stood a chance as phones became personal computers and it was ALL about the software that runs inside them. Apple and Google jumped on this huge opportunity while Nokia were happy to remain in denial for as long as they could. That's why they are now in the process of becoming a manufacturing subsidiary of Microsoft and why it's loyal customers are left feeling abandoned.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
lainen67

except the brilliant camera I wanted a good music player with self adjustable equalizer and a good webbrowser with flash support...still moore than a year after announce theres neither.I trusted Nokia to deliver this thing to me but sorry to say that I am not waiting anymoore,the equalizer will not be updated with Anna as what  I´ve heard...have had Nokia phones since 12 years back and so disappointed with their work now..so today I bought myself an Galaxy S2 and hope the grass are greaner on the other side..so frustrating see an excellent phoone not get proper softvare inside..so good luck in your waiting..bye

Please use plain text.
katipunero211

i wish i had not read about there being an Anna update 3 months ago. Maybe I would not be pining for the update so much. I know stuff happens after the announcement of an upcoming software/firmware update. There are new bugs glitches and compatibility and distribution issues among nokia users around the world that developers have to overcome. Nokia has one of the oldest and biggest phone market shares out there now. 

Still this is not an excuse to push the deadline past all human or at least consumer patience. They announced symbian Anna (leaked or whatever) last january and now it's almost the end of may and still nothing! What we have is a cryptic message from moderators here who can only guess when the update is coming out and whose guesses are as good as ours.

Please work on your PR, and work even harder on the software deliveries. Don't promise anything too early, or don't promise anything at all.

I've about had it with nokia phones. 13 years I've been a loyal customer. I tell my friends why they should buy nokia instead of other smartphones out there. But now, i take all the good things I said.

Well, good luck to everyone here. I hope you get Anna soon. As for me, I'm not holding my breath for it. Time to move on. 

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Tmannnia

Reply to Katipunero211
I also wish I had never heard of Anna, our long lost love, when is she coming home?
Meanwhile we have to make due with the cold mistress #PR 1.2#
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
PaulGrenfell

Iainen.
I have been a loyal Nokia customer for eons, ive had so many of their phones, iv lost count.. All have served me well, but the N8, despite being the best phone yet, has been a disappointment.
Mainly because the software is as yet unfinished, with several Key essential features not yet rectified.. Never again.
Yes, i am looking at Galaxy s2 as well...
Please use plain text.
Sage

Nokia have done such a good :smileywink: job of managing expectation again here that they have themselves a problem. Whatever they release as Anna will not be good enough (unless they really have delayed it to add some amazing features, which I really do doubt).

It's taken too long, with only rumours for information for there actually any real enthusiasm about PR2.0

Please use plain text.
Contributor
sk00ter

I hope Anna will appear by the end of May... U?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

sk00ter wrote:

I hope Anna will appear by the end of May... U?

You can hope for whatever you want. No chance for that to happen though. If it appears by the end of June it will be a pleasant surprise.

Please use plain text.