Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Symbian Anna

Contributor
sk00ter

Betreff: Symbian Anna

[ Edited ]

actually I wanted to write that I don't care if Anna shows up May June September,

because I'm already waiting for her next sister - B.

and I wrote it four times, and my posts were gone in seconds...

strange forum... :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Sage

sk00ter wrote:

actually I wanted to write that I don't care if Anna shows up May June September,

because I'm already waiting for her next sister - B.

and I wrote it four times, and my posts were gone in seconds...

strange forum... :smileywink:

I got email notifications of your posts, thought you'd gone mad and kept wanting to post the same thing over and over. Why it was deleted I don't know. But I'm not convince we'll ever see the B word...

Please use plain text.
Advisor
bgagan

psychomania wrote:
The new browser and keyboard, along with improved homescreen scrolling are already on the C7 Astound yet existing S^3 owners are forced to wait for a patchy summer release date for the full "anna" update.

This is unacceptable in today's fast paced market. This along with Nokia's product code lottery has forced me to ditch symbian as i'm well and truly sick of the mess. I do hope for Nokia's sake that when they do switch to windows they put an end to the ridiculous mess that surrounds product codes and updates!

With so many changes in the organization and constitution of NOKIA, symbian been outsourced to accenture... There is poor performance to be seen in such activities as updates. Also with New devices running Anna OS Nokia will deliberately like to delay Anna to older devices  to mark a USP and attention to the new devices. There is a sales strategy involved in it it looks!

However it is p*g off  the loyal fans and NOKIA lovers, this is what Nokia should consider, looking to update track records of other OS like Android, WP

psychomania wrote:
The new browser and keyboard, along with improved homescreen scrolling are already on the C7 Astound yet existing S^3 owners are forced to wait for a patchy summer release date for the full "anna" update.

This is unacceptable in today's fast paced market. This along with Nokia's product code lottery has forced me to ditch symbian as i'm well and truly sick of the mess. I do hope for Nokia's sake that when they do switch to windows they put an end to the ridiculous mess that surrounds product codes and updates!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
sk00ter

Now I know why, it's not the right time yet.
Just hoping I'm not completely mad with my Nokia loyalty...

Please use plain text.
Peks

Will you do an official announcement if it's never going to happen after all? :smileywink:
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

yet another phone announced with Anna
http://www.google.ie/gwt/x?q=Nokia+oro&ei=e7HcTaCKB4jq8QPK-46rAg&ved=0CAkQqQIwAA&hl=en&source=m&rd=1...

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Peks

As my previous comment about if Anna will actually turn up was deleted due to a duplicate, you can read it here:

/t5/Software-Updates/PR-2-0-Release-Date-New-Date/m-p/1031039#M89768

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

[ Edited ]

jimmyireland wrote:
yet another phone announced with Anna

"Nokia Oro (a blinged-up C7) will start selling in selected countries across the Europe, Eastern Europe, China and the Middle East in Q3 2011".

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
PaulGrenfell

[ Edited ]

N8 should have been first for Anna..its not right..

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

We need to be realistic. There has never been an official date announced by Nokia for the the release of PR 2.0, only conjecture. The closest thing to that is Jo Harlow's presentation at MWC 2010 where she said that the major update for S^3 (NB.: For S^3,  not for N8/C7/C6-01, etc.!) will come in "the first half of 2011". The release of the C7 Astound with firmware running some bits of PR 2.0 only created unrealistic expectations and fed the frenzy.

If we take it as a sort of official deadline, this means that any release of PR 2.0 by 30.06.2011 can be considered as on time.

In this context, I strongly suspect the following will happen:

- Nokia will manage to release the E6 and X7 running PR 2.0 out of the box by 30.06.2010 - thus claiming "See, we have released PR 2.0 within the first half of 2011"

- the updates for the existing S^3 handsets will follow in July-August

So no need to get worked up, because as someone rightly pointed out elsewhere, the lift will not come any quicker if you keep pressing the button instead of hitting it only once.

Please use plain text.
Sage

93tid wrote:

So no need to get worked up, because as someone rightly pointed out elsewhere, the lift will not come any quicker if you keep pressing the button instead of hitting it only once.

It's a fair point, but if you press a lift button you normally get an indicator of where the lift currently is!

We have no idea when Anna will appear. It is a really easy thing for Nokia to come out and say "N8 users will not get Anna before x date." Amazingly that would end speculation! They then have the ability to deliver early and then it makes people feel better, simple psychology.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
pohlipit

It seems like we are getting really close to the PR 2.0 update now. Check this one out:

http://symbiantweet.com/exclusive-video-nokia-software-update-v1-introduction-symbian-anna-is-coming...

My Nokia history:
2110 => 6110 => 8110 => 6310 => 2300 => 2600 => 6070 => E71 => N97 Mini => E72 => C7 => E7 => E6 => 700
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
PaulGrenfell

Action is louder than words..
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

[ Edited ]

pohlipit wrote:

It seems like we are getting really close to the PR 2.0 update now. Check this one out:

http://symbiantweet.com/exclusive-video-nokia-software-update-v1-introduction-symbian-anna-is-coming...

Yep, really close.

MODERATOR'S NOTE: This post has been edited. Please note that the release date that has not been officially announced by Nokia and so we do not allow it to be discussed on this forum.

Please use plain text.
Ex-employee (retired)
skyee

Well, the same videos are posted in this forum. Just check my post here: /t5/Software-Updates/What-are-Software-Updates-amp-How-to-do-it-Nokia-videos/td-p/1033029

We've done the videos to support consumers with the software update concept and they are targeted at the whole Nokia portfolio. So, if you open them you see there are S40 phones features - and it's not a Symbian Anna announcement.

As said before, our company policy is to announce the update for Anna when it's really available for you. Meaning, when you will at some point read an official Nokia statement about "Anna being available" we have the majority of our variants ready for download. We listened very carefully to your feedback on the N8 PR1.1 launch and are working hard to improve the roll out processes. So please keep your eyes open for official Nokia communication or myself announcing the update here in the forum, but don't believe what somebody writes on some inofficial webpages/twitteraccounts or elsewhere. Thanks!

BR, yvonne

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
PaulGrenfell

Thanks Skyee,
Strewth , these tid-bits tweets and videos, are one awful torment though..
Most are just about ready pull their hair out.. Some i know have already gotten impatient and sold their n8s.. Soon wont be soon enough..
Thanks again though..We appreciate your input.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

skyee wrote:smileyfrustrated:o please keep your eyes open for official Nokia communication or myself announcing the update here in the forum, but don't believe what somebody writes on some inofficial webpages/twitteraccounts or elsewhere. Thanks!

BR, yvonne

The problem is when a moderator here posts on 10/05 that Anna is freely available for update, when the official Nokia UK Facebook page and noknok.tv both announce that the pink N8 will be released on May 17th running Anna out of the box. Never mind unofficial blogs/tweets, etc. put your own house in order first before blaming others for posting misleading information and getting everybody hysterical about it. I would add to this list the very poor media presentation of the C7 Astound which gave almost everyone the wrong impression that it is running full Anna out of the box - even the FW version it has is V20 so of course people would get confused and excited.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
heineoen

[ Edited ]

Why is S60v3 phones not metioned?
No future updates to this platform? :smileysurprised:

Owner of N86 8MP and E5-00 (S60v3)

N8 FW: 022.014 -- Please separate Artist & Albums!
N86 8MP FW: 30.009 -- We need a new FW on this phone!
E51 FW: 410.34.001
E70 FW: 2.0618.07.10 -- Why no v3 for my code?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
VincentLing

When is it able to update on N8?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
TheDDe9

Hey Yvonne, I was just wondering if the social networks-app will be updated with Anna? Because I read while back that you can't see facebook notifications because "that option is not available YET" and that is something very vital for a facebook app. I also feel that the app is in need of general enhancement. Would appreiciate answers!
Please use plain text.