Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Symbian Anna

Counsellor
Lorion84

That is good to know, but in Nokia's accusation: if such a limitation exists it should not be possible to sent unscaled images. The messaging app should do the scaling same as it sent multiple sms when I use more than the allowed chars.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

[ Edited ]

bumblebirra wrote:
@93tid, when I buy a phone from the world's biggest phone manufacturing company, I EXPECT it to be made to a certain standard of quality. Nokia have chosen a strategy to risk selling phones which haven't been thoroughly quality tested, releasing them with software which doesn't feel ready even for beta testing. And if that's not bad enough, we've been made to wait nearly a year just for the rumours that something might soon change in the form of a "major" new firmware release for symbian 3 devices.

May I please ask you why you bought your Symbian 3 phone, which I presume you have and would have known exactly what you were buying, unless you had expectation that it will eventually work properly in the future?

I have a N8 and a C7 and I am perfectly happy with the way they both perform at present running PR1.2. PR 2.0 can only make them better, although I have no specific issues that I am waiting to be resolved by Symbian Anna.

I knew exactly what to expect out of the box when I bought both of them. I've had no hardware problems of any kind. The N8 was being temperamental for the first few weeks until I did a full format. I've had no problems at all since then. No freezes, no hangs, no rogue connections/disconnections, no purple tint, no proximity sensor issues, email, maps, camera, calls, messages, social networks, OVI store, games, office apps, iplayer, music player, FM transmitter all working exactly as I want them to and when I want them to.

Moderator's note: This post has been edited to remove a reference to an unauthorised procedure which may invalidate the warranty of a Nokia device, and therefore cannot be discussed on this forum.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
binikat

[ Edited ]

well guys i quite agree with all of you - im also very satisfied with what N8 brings out of box - excelent music quality, superb camera, gps, hdmi out etc. etc. , but im not gonna lie. When i bought my N8 back in December 2010 I simply had seen the future a bit brighter. It was the time when Gameloft released all its games and new ones seemed to be released very often. Nokia also announced the first bigger update to come in January/Feb. so I got even more excited and couldnt wait till the year turns to 2011. I felt so optimistic about all of that. But now, a half year later, nothing has changed at all. No update has arrived and no games have been released(im mentionig them as i think it is a great example of 'failure') Symbian Anna has been ready since the half of May, so why we have to wait for X7, E6 to be released and till Nokia make some money of that? Why cant they simply give us what belongs to us? what was promised to us from January? U know guys, its not the device that has dissapointed me. Unfortunately, it is Nokia itself. And im even more **bleep** off as Im a big Nokia fan what has been with Nokia since the old Ngage times. Im mad whats going on with Nokia. Im mad with their poor Symbian support in the last year. Im mad they pretty much dumped MeeGo and accepted WP7. Oh boy, cant wait for Elop to get fired!!!

Language edited by a moderator. Please show some respect towards other users of this public forum.

Please use plain text.
Sage
bumblebirra

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
justmoe wrote:

the deffered issue is not a nokia error. it is caused by carriers with max picture size limits. that is why the camera has a mms setting for smaller size photos. i had the error but after one of the updates i was allowed to delete it. one of the updates may have unlocked the message for deletion. it may be a one time fix and reinstalling the firmware may be a fix for you if it happened after the last update.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

justmoe, thanks for trying to help with this. When I first encountered this problem I did some research into it and concluded that it's a Nokia issue and left it at that. I'll try again with some tests and let you know what happens later.
Please use plain text.
Sage
bumblebirra

@93tid, thanks for your reply. You've been very lucky to have none of the problems that at lot of people, including myself, are plagued with. Even so, I still like my C7, and would so love to see these correctable problems resolved with the release of ANNA.

@Lorion84, I'm not fully sure what you mean. But I've tried setting image size to small in application settings/messaging/multimedia message, yet the problem still exists.

p.s. sorry for going off topic, i'll try to keep this short or make a new thread or find an old one.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
binikat

Skyee where are you?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

check this out
http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_n8_to_get_a_camera_fix_in_the_upcoming_anna_update-news-2777.php

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Play01

there will be in Anna an improvment about the touchscreen's sensitivity and reactivity ??? thanks :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
binikat

[ Edited ]

Unfortunately, Skyee could not give answers to the questions.
:smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Sage
bumblebirra

Sorry, I know this is off-topic, but I'd just like to report that I've fixed the "deferred message" MMS picture messaging issue on my C7, and hope that if anyone else has the same issue that it solves it for them too. I dont think this fix will apply to every phone network, but it certainly worked on mine (o2 pay and go, UK)

I can even send large picture messages. You need to make sure under "multimedia retrieval" setting in multimedia message settings, that it's set to "auto in home network."

The default was set to "always automatic." I have no idea what this means or why it fixed the problem, but it has and I'm very pleased about it.
Please use plain text.
Play01

why?? :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
justmoe

i believe always auto is phone default to smallest size which would also force the deffered error with larger photos.

home network would be set to network default. if this solved your issue then your carrier has a higher max size enabled. my network does not so this would not fix mine. could see if my carrier can lift the max but i doubt they can.

Please use plain text.
Sage
adg82439

[ Edited ]
  • PR1.1 (Dec2010 - March2011),
  • PR1.2(Oc 2011 - Feb2012),
  • maybe PR2.0 ->anna(July2012- dec2012)

Each line gets 6 months of marketing reviews

which tell us how good the new update is

and how bad the OS is at all,

but the new MS OS will be the best,

and this all months before the first roll out starts.

Maybe I feel just disappointed after

I bought hardware from a former very good Brand

and now just find me within thousands of frustrated Users

still waiting for long promised Updates.

It is maybe called strategy in up north,

if you wont deliver what you promised,

just make smaller Packages postpone them in unclear schedule,

further find new names and make the packages more smaller,

finally declare everything on a living workhorse as death

and move the so called service to a third party

which surely bring new life into everything.

In short,

I think on somebody hitting something to death

and then find an undertaker to complete the business.

:smileysad:

MODERATOR'S NOTE: This post has been edited. The software that has not been officially announced by Nokia has been removed.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
veeyoes88

hi, could you please advise when the Anna will be available for old C7-00 users who have Symbian ^3.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

It will be available in the coming months for all s^3 users.
Please use plain text.
Sage
adg82439

if you ask me, mine is sarcasm.

a schedule always tell you the day exactly and in case of nokia you need product code and country.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
del1701

If nokia do mean "in the coming months" then by that time my contract will be up and I will have upgraded to a different phone by then, well done nokia good way of keeping your customers.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
brotherman38

Still no update, I don't think the N8 will ever get this so called update!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

brotherman38 wrote:

Still no update, I don't think the N8 will ever get this so called update!

Have you actually read any of the numerous responses to the many questions of " when will we be getting this update ? ", variety?

If you had you would know that it has been mentioned that the update will start rolling out from the middle of July for some Symbian ^3 devices, and the N8 will probably start getting it around August, going into September.

Thanks.

Ray

Please use plain text.
Sage
bumblebirra

Just a quick mention to say that the "deferred message" problem is stil occuring on my C7, after I thought I'd fixed it yesterday. I think its happening at random. It's definitely a Symbian handling problem that causes the message to forever become deferred and the message sending icon at the top to stay stuck on and the phone no longer showing any kind of new message notifications once a message gets stuck in this way. If anyone knows any answers to this or can point me in the right direction it would be most appreciated.
Please use plain text.