Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Symbian Anna

Sage
andy232

Nokia made an error back in April when it officially announced Anna. Why? Because it's basically nonsensical and confusing to announce it - just because you've got the E6 and X7 coming out - but all us N8 and E7 and C6 and C7 owners have to wait MONTHS AND MONTHS before we get to update to Anna. I just counted: 5 months. That's a long time in the mobile phone world. 

Nokias: 232, 3210, 3330, 6230, 6101, 6021, 6126, E75, E73, N900, N8, E6, E7, N9. There's a Samsung in there somewhere too, but...we don't talk about that.
Please use plain text.
Sage
andy232

I will say this though: my E7 runs just fine without Anna, and I'm very happy with it, even with the browser (am I the only one? haha) I just hope Anna doesn't bring any problems with her, like Ovi Store suddenly not loading up, for example. I am tempted to wait a while after she's released, because I am of the "if it ain't broke why fix it" school, and right now, my E7 sure ain't broke!  :smileyhappy:

Nokias: 232, 3210, 3330, 6230, 6101, 6021, 6126, E75, E73, N900, N8, E6, E7, N9. There's a Samsung in there somewhere too, but...we don't talk about that.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
PaulGrenfell

[ Edited ]

Try almost 9mths for us early adopters..(never again)
Also have E7 and it was terrible slow, until i installed Skchan Mods.. But even so , its not as good as Anna.on my N8.

The E7 is a nice phone, but alas, has no portrait qwerty , nor a decent browser , among many other things..

Please use plain text.
Sage
lillracksingen

PaulGrenfell wrote:
The E7 is a nice phone, but alas, has no portrait qwerty

The last time I had a smartphone with a touchscreen and a landscape hardware qwerty keyboard, I never bothered with the virtual portrait keyboard. Mind you, this was the HTC TyTN II, which required a stylus for the tiny onscreen keyboard - a major challenge for one-handed operation :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
XxWWWSAMxX

Guys anna is finally out!!!
as of this post it is out in India and alot of the Euro region :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
mangbecak

@jimmyireland/paulgrenfell/any other forum veterans

how long would the official anna be out OTA after appearing on the servers?
Please use plain text.
Sage
lvvine

Its ready on the servers V22.14... It will be soon out on OTA servers.

A day or two will be out...Nokia kept up the Promise :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Sage
andy232

Exciting stuff! I am looking forward to an improved Calendar and hopefully, lots of bug fixes. I hope someone can provide an official changelog. We've heard about the 'big' changes for so long now (new browser, calendar, portrait qwerty and maps) I would like to know what has been tweaked 'under the hood'. A few random restarts and freezes on my E7 has me hoping!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

mangbecak wrote:
@jimmyireland/paulgrenfell/any other forum veterans

how long would the official anna be out OTA after appearing on the servers?

If it appears on the servers for your product code it means it is ready for your handset for updating via Ovi suite or Nokia Software updater. Not sure about FOTA update availability though.

Ray 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

XxWWWSAMxX wrote:

Guys anna is finally out!!!
as of this post it is out in India and alot of the Euro region :smileyvery-happy:

As far as I know it is only available for a handful of Indian product codes. Don't know anything about it being available for European product codes.

Ray 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
XxWWWSAMxX

go check the servers through whatever means you guys tend to use :L

don't want to get banned or anything... so wont say too much... but atm its out for alot of europe product codes, india, malaysia and more.... depending which server u check :smileywink:

this is for N8 btw

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
grimreaper

It's definately available for some of the UK handsets.

I have Product code 059C5Q5 (orange color UKCV) and it's available for it

I'd rather die on my feet, Than keep living on my knee's!
Please use plain text.
Sage
andy232

Anyone have any info on availability of Anna in the US? I'm starting to worry that Nokia's "big pull out of Symbian from USA" might include no Anna update too. Doubt it bit you never know  :smileyindifferent:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
grimreaper

I don't see any US product codes at the minute but it think the reason for the big delay is that Nokia wanted a global simultanious release, so i'd expect to see the all the different product codes loaded over the next few days....then an official announcement when they're all ready for download

Please use plain text.
Sage
lvvine

[ Edited ]

It was first released for Indian region. its avialable for All the indian product codes

Updated My friends E7.....Its very fast No Lag at all :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

has there been an official announcement yet

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Sage
andy232

Yeah that makes sense. More patience required!! Nice to know that the ball is rolling though, and that early adopters in India are seeing a faster UI. Very nice work boys and girls. Looking forward to it!  :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Sage
adg82439

at least my c7 doesnt find an update nor ovisuite does.

So its maybe rumble in the jungle but nothing in germany
Please use plain text.
Sage
andycoydwilson

I cannot connect to servers via Ovi or FOTA here in UK so hopefully their loading Anna up at this moment   :smileytongue:

If this was helpful please click Star for Kudos

Phone history :-3210, 3100, 3200, 6230i, N73, N95-8GB, N97, N8, Lumia800, Lumia920, Lumia620, Lumia820, Lumia1020
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
grimreaper

yeah it wasn't available yet for my N8 via PC Suite but I was able to get it via other semi-official methods. I have a sim-free UK CV orange color handset but i noticed a lot of other UK variants in the list...including operator variants
Please use plain text.