Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Symbian Anna

Counsellor
grimreaper

I'd expect your post to be edited shortly becuase the 2 methods you mentioned are semi-official. What i will say is that it's obvious that the codes are being loaded gradually and we've already been told that it will be available to everyone withing the next 2 weeks

I'd rather die on my feet, Than keep living on my knee's!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

[ Edited ]

XxWWWSAMxX wrote:

go check the servers through whatever means you guys tend to use :L

don't want to get banned or anything... so wont say too much... but atm its out for alot of europe product codes, india, malaysia and more.... depending which server u check :smileywink:

this is for N8 btw

I've since checked again and there are a lot more PCodes on the list now including mine (Virgin Mobile UK 059D1M2).

I haven't checked to see if the phone can be updated yet though as I couldn't be bothered hooking it up to Ovi Suite or NSU.

Ray 

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Jonas1975

[ Edited ]

The way I see it, I think it will be available to the majority of  the S^3 phones tomorrow.  Maybe this is part of a new strategy from Nokia and Symbian Anna will be massively released instead of the slow releases of the previous FW versions.

In this aspect, kudos to Nokia.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
davidb3686

didnt see this thread earlier, made the same post in another thread..

im wondering why the junk mail filture isnt featured in the new fw release, when it was in the chinese anna leak?
Please use plain text.
Sage
siegfrid

I hope the product code 059B4Z7 will get the update.

Please use plain text.
Sage
branu

[ Edited ]

0598984....:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Sage
andy232

It would be nice if the lucky souls who already have updated to Symbian Anna could list some of the improvements they've noticed on their phones. Thanks

Nokias: 232, 3210, 3330, 6230, 6101, 6021, 6126, E75, E73, N900, N8, E6, E7, N9. There's a Samsung in there somewhere too, but...we don't talk about that.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

its mainly cosmetic and a slightly faster browser thats it

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Forgot to add the portrait keypad you need tiny fingers to get full benefit so its not for jumbo hands lol

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Sage
branu

[ Edited ]

no editable equalizer !!..how hard could that be to get after all this waiting ?..only 3 home screens !!..faster phones and much moore stable...need wery tiny fingers to use portrait qwerty...well..better webbrowser...

Please use plain text.
Sage
bumblebirra

I'm hoping that by the morning Anna will be available using the software updater in my phone. My phone (C7) product code is 059D494. I bought it sim-free but it was a UK o2 phone. Has anyone else with this product code managed to install Anna using the phone updater?

I hope I wont have to wait for much longer, this is getting really tiring.
Please use plain text.
Sage
bumblebirra

Can't even see it on NF either. It shows russian variants under release (22.14) but I dont see any under release 24.1
Please use plain text.
Sage
andy232

Well I can wait a little while longer. Remember that Nokia said "by the end of August". The fact that we can smell it now is a good thing because I would've bet $1000 that "by the end of August" = August 31st in Nokia language. Looks like I'm being proven wrong, which is a good thing.

Bit more patience folks!

Nokias: 232, 3210, 3330, 6230, 6101, 6021, 6126, E75, E73, N900, N8, E6, E7, N9. There's a Samsung in there somewhere too, but...we don't talk about that.
Please use plain text.
Sage
andy232

Don't care about the equalizer or just 3 homescreens. I actually have gone down to 2 homescreens before. My N900 was tweaked to have 9... that's just too many. You end up swiping away on the bus like an idiot! Plus it probably hogs a lot of resources and slows things down. Glad to hear the browser is better and it's more stable. NICE :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Sage
andy232

I think everyone will see it in the coming days, not weeks. There has been quite a build up very recently what with those new fancy videos going live last week, and now the internet is buzzing with Anna news...it's coming. Just be patient a little while longer!

Please use plain text.
Sage
andy232

@ jimmyireland  "Forgot to add the portrait keypad you need tiny fingers to get full benefit so its not for jumbo hands lol"

Saw that one coming! But at least it's an option now, was totally daft to be missing for so long, especially on the N8, C6 and C7. I'm sure I won't use it much on my E7  :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
davidb3686

does anyone know what the v24 update is for? seems to be only available in thai + other random variants so far
Please use plain text.
Sage
bumblebirra

Yeah, but it's frustrating to know that we were made to wait a bit extra so that everyone could get it at the same time. But if they said by the end of August then I've got nothing to complain about I guess. Looking forward to using the portrait QWERTY with Swype/thumb input.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
XxWWWSAMxX

i would like to know what v24.1 is as well... some peeps say its belle but i highly doubt it

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jlangmaid

You lucky blokes :smileysad: Unfortuatly the high price i pay for my phone service for some reason makes a long nokia delay a longer delay. I'm waiting for PR2.1 Apparently.

Check this out, http://feedback.telstra.com.au/forums/106069-website-feedback/category/21127-mobile-devices

Search the the letters N8... Its about half way down.

Cheers guys.

Please use plain text.