Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Symbian Anna

Sage
nokton12

I'm with you , whats goin on with you guys? my N8 runs quiet pretty and smooth, no problems. the "anna" update looks good and when I get it I will be happy. but don't stress yourself , have a little patience. and when anna is out to us I think the cry for new update starts again!

Nokia N9 Black
Please use plain text.
Advisor
athlon7750

psychomania wrote:
The new browser and keyboard, along with improved homescreen scrolling are already on the C7 Astound yet existing S^3 owners are forced to wait for a patchy summer release date for the full "anna" update.

This is unacceptable in today's fast paced market. This along with Nokia's product code lottery has forced me to ditch symbian as i'm well and truly sick of the mess. I do hope for Nokia's sake that when they do switch to windows they put an end to the ridiculous mess that surrounds product codes and updates!

When  a very active forum member posts the above, he is expressing  the feelings I and I believe many others share. After finaly getting sick of my N97 I bought an N8 based on Nokia`s promised updates to a UI that many reviews said let the hardware down badly

This symbian update brings the 50 improvements that were supoosed to come early 2011, it  looks like it will come after june, if Nokia do not change it again.

Let us try an send a message to Nokia by giving Kudos to  psychomania`s post click on the kudos button of post 12 if you agree

Please use plain text.
Professor
vvaino

Hello all,

It has been interesting to read your comments about the new "Anna", up there are

some lines that makes me thoughtful. For sure there are lots of waited improvements in

Anna. Also it seems obvious the Nokia engineers are working hard under these enormous

pressures. The new phones are interesting, especially the new E6.

I hope to see Anna soon.

-vvaino

#SwitchToLumia
Please use plain text.
Sage
adg82439

Make a promise...keep a promise might be Nokia is a Liar doesnt switch when you call is postponed
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
BrianF123

After owning a N97 for 15 months and loving that phone, my gripe was losing the keyboard. I now have an N8 which I have to say I love even more and don't miss the keyboard at all after downloading the swype app.

I'm looking forward to the new Anna software upgrades but can't understand why there is such a long delay when you can already buy a phone pre-loaded with this version of software!

In these time when there appears to be many Nokia users switching to Android, Nokia really need to get these improvements out there to keep current users happy.

Please use plain text.
Puffer

I'm not sure how I feel about today's lack luster announcement. I'm glad to hear it's "official" that PR2/Anna is going to be released. but who honestly didn't know? With all the so called leaks Nokia wasn't really announcing anything new today in the software department. What they did announce is that they are slower than a dead person to get any software out to their current handsets. This "update" was promised in the beginning of 2011. So explain to me how "in the coming months" (it's now April) is early 2011? Look, Nokia, I've been a faitful user for over 12 years. You aren't fooling anyone but yourselves. I've been waiting for portrait qwerty, a modern looking OS and everything else since the announcement of the N8 and it sounded like things would be different. Please stop announcing things if they aren't going to actually happen for months to come.On the hardware front, the new devices appear great but WHO CARES?! You release what seems like a million so called NEW devices every week. Why don't you try focusing on what you already have? And you wonder why you're so fragmented? This is the reason you are losing your die hard fans. Focus people, focus. To reiterate an above post, a better announcement would have been to say "with the upcoming release of the E6 and X7 all exisisting Symbian^3 users should be seeing the Anna update by the end of the week in the Software Update or Ovie Suite". Stop wasting our time.patience and hard earned money.

You know what,? know exactly how I feel: Annoyed and betrayed. Nokia, it's been a rocky 12 years. Best of luck to you. I'm moving on.

Please use plain text.
varunsmackboy

this is absolutely wrong.....i m just waiting for a update from so many days..atleast u can provide us the approx days about launching of symbian anna..how long should we wait..i hv always chose nokia instead of any other android or ios..but now this is very very disappionting and making me frustrated...:smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Contributor

What think is that there is no point of annouce coming updates months before. It just makes waiting harder.

Br,

Please use plain text.
alichiddy

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I have an E72 and would like to ask if I wanted to buy the E6, does the 3rd edition apps work (the ones that don't work on the 5th edition platforms)?, since it's a successor of the E5.

I've read this topic about the Symbian ^3 Platform, but there weren't any E6 that time and it's not about Anna (/t5/Software-Updates/Symbian-3-N8-backward-compatible-with-older-S60-3rd-Edition/td-p/687670).

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

[ Edited ]

It should be available now in my opinion we have clearly seen the handsets just released with the new update ,also the astound has more features than the rest of us this is not acceptable,you would think now nokia would like wake up and release it now rather than fall behind even more and LET US ALL WAIT.

Having moving onto my second E7 which is very dissapointing im now finding myself moving to android and the 

Samsung Galaxy Ace

its starting to grow on me.

Nokia be loyal to all of your fans and your loyal customers release the software updates.ASAP

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Advisor
athlon7750

Post 12 in this thread is nearly has the most kudos of any post in this forum section, please read it and look at the level of contributions the author has given to these forums, give kudos to this post it may make nokia take notice
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

SomeHow i doubt it will work as this is only a user to user forum.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
SE_7_EN

The reason why we are all still waiting is because they already have our HARD earned money and are waiting to make more with the release of new hardware and then they will see whether the existing loyal Nokia owners upgrade before releasing the new software.....

Only just got my N8 and I am happy but it seriously needs the update....:smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

It will be my last Nokia handset that i paid dearly for unless something is done soon.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Advisor
athlon7750

As a user to user forum this is quitea good one, it is worth reading and searching before using the contact button, but how good will it be without the input of prolific posters like yourself and psychomania ?

Nokia reps are more active now on these boards, it is possible that more is being reported back than we are aware of

Call this a test, takes onlya second to add kudos. Nothing may come of it but nothing will change without a bit of effort.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

kudos will not gain attention but the number of posts might as there is active Nokia staff here posting more regular it may gain some attention,but then again it may fall on deaf ears.we can just wait and see if we get some answers over the next couple of days.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Sage

From what I understand, it should be possible, for those who know how to hack Nokia firmware, to extract the PR2.0 Anna from a T-Mobile Astound (C7) and release it as an unofficial version to everyone with a C7. After hacking the firmware to remove all branding and other cr*p, etc., of course.

If there is anyone here who knows how to do it, PLEASE do it.

Please use plain text.
Professor
j444lh

Sorry to hear you guy's are going, your contributions over the year's have been greatly appreciated by a lot of people.

Personally I found the whole announcement Underwhelming, I would like to have heard more about the number of fix's changes that had been made rather than the eye candy.

A list of intended fix's can't be that hard to produce and it lets people know they are being heard.

As for the name change, perhaps things would go faster if they got rid of the whole "Spin Doctor" department, wonder how much coming up with Anna cost!

N95 (RM159) V31.0.017, N8 (RM596) Belle 111.040.1511
Please use plain text.
Advisor
kj1991

I sympathised the situation Symbian and Nokia current situation, symbian may be more than a huge white elephant that just could not be agile enough to catch up with other new player.  they are in the fixed that to roll out a halfcook solution fast or slower better (but how much more than halfcook? and I am not sure), both will get blamed. and They had jumped boat. and now left with these unmovitavated developer continue to work on something with uncleared destiny.  anyhow I see improvement though I too hope and imagine many more nice features that may be added. but I wish all the best to symbian and hope to see a miracle turnaround.

Having said that, it definitely broken many supporter heart to see this situation(whithout saying the fact that it may affect the real life while phone does not work accordingly and money has been paid)

All the best.

Please use plain text.
Contributor

to jimmyireland : tanks for your initiative, and to nokia pelople, why are you people not responding to the consumer's demand, nowdays in any forum if you ask that wanna go to buy smart phone ,nobody revert back with nokia suggesion even they are advicing not to buy it , cause android is grwoing very fast and upgrading even better while you do not care ...

if could not upgrade symbian why stitching with it. leave it and make coalition with microsoft or some new company and please please release new software for nokia n8 and c7 cause we have already purchased it and want to keep them for a while.........

Please use plain text.