Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Symbian Anna

Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

You will have to keep checking in for that there is no exact date.

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Mohamed_Yousri

[ Edited ]

Hi all ,

Is there any relationship between the update that Ovi Suite got today and Anna Update ? May be in the way that Ovi Suite update the phones and getting ready to launch Anna Update which will be Major update to our phones ?

Just guesing and hoping that update is out today before tommorow :smileyindifferent:

Nokia N8-00
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

No relationship at all im afraid to say

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
vipulvw

Nokia is doing so slow on Updating symbian....  pls make it quicker... Why cant nokia improve symbian quickly... its so frustating

and and i think the improvements done in PR2.0 are incomplete.. more improvements need to be done...  

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

everybody feels the same pal when it does become available it will be to little to late so much for the customer comes first

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Thewonderer

No flash payer update?

my phone is going to be worthless.

Really getting excited about new Icons whuhu! (like a theme cant change em..)

Please use plain text.
Sage

You mean as worthless as a iphone that doesnt support flash.

Lucky for us they will update it

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
PaulGrenfell

I purchased N8 in February of this year (ShafiHusain)

I bought mine mid december, so is mine aging as well.. Still waiting for basic stuff.. ridiculous..
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Thewonderer

Well may be they are gonna support this time... but for next update u dont know. Flash updates like in every 6 months? I could watch video in desktop mode from youtube when i bought my n8 but not anymore. When our flash player gets updated.....that player will be outdated.

Please use plain text.
Sage
adg82439

Hi, when I got my C7 I was happy because I read about Update to PR1.1. I discovered I got a punished product. Country Version means you are the last ever to get any update. TWO MONTHS DELAY Now I know since Feb 4th , some got thier UPDATE to PR1.2. Again Punishment for GERMAN Version, still dont haveit, MORE THAn TWO Months. To rename PR.20 into anna means maybe more Punishment for Customers. By the Way, in early January 2011 it was told sme rumors to get PR.30 in SECOND Quarter, I suspect maybe in 2013. Shame on You Nokia but truth to your slogan" Nokia millions are waiting"
Please use plain text.
varunsmackboy

dont u hav lil bit of shame brother that u dont even bother to rply.....

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

[ Edited ]

Honestly, most of you on here are carrying on like greedy spoilt brats. You want everything yesterday.

Whose phone usage is really going to change that much with an update anyway ?

What real impact is it going to have!

And the UI complaints, what UI do you want ! A copy of another phone brand. Please explain ?

It takes me 2 or 3 clicks to get to anywhere I want, in an easy to use layout. That's hardly a bad UI.

A different way to enter text is hardly a holy grail worthy of all this whining either. Heck some may actually prefer T9 number pad entry.

Some people don't seem to appreciate how good a phone they probably already have.

People need to get a grip, it's a phone.God forbid anyone who delays you a phone update so you can keep up with your friends.

Please, put your energy towards other more worthy causes in your life.

Nokia 808
Nokia CK-200
Please use plain text.
Advisor
thepistol

[ Edited ]

It's because of my friends!

I'd  like nokia to put more resources towards this OS updates.

When I'm having a good ole' coffee with them browsing the net, it really shows the lack of value this phone is.

For example:

I'm just receiving the URL that we first started talking about, and they are leaving to go back to work .

That's also after they've read to me from their smart phones using the same 3g network,

all of  today's web scores and blogs that we were interested in.

Also then to dig it in a little further, they leave me with the parting comment,

"should've got a beta phone"

Which I then robotic like squeeze out the feeble 6mnth warn out nokia defense.

" at least I can take a b b better picture"

while secretly  fighting my phones latest lock up or reboot.

So thanks for suggesting I shouldn't care about  my humble value for money. 

Though unfortunately I read your thoughtful new world order philosophy doesn't seems to be working well in north Korea.

Their people seem to working very hard for **bleep**.

Please use plain text.
Sage
adg82439

Hi Scottb721 you are right, it is just a phone. It is a quite fine designed phone. The desperation was mad by Nokia. First tell the world we have an update. Then dont provide the mentioned update. Finally after months some single product codes are elected by the nokia customer torture lottery, while others dont get anything but promises. THIS makes the people crazy. Why not say, we have an Update, just get it NOW. When people argueing about MS the never do it about their accuracy for the monthly Update tuesday. When copy then please good practise.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

scottb721 wrote:

Honestly, most of you on here are carrying on like greedy spoilt brats. You want everything yesterday.

Whose phone usage is really going to change that much with an update anyway ?

What real impact is it going to have!

And the UI complaints, what UI do you want ! A copy of another phone brand. Please explain ?

It takes me 2 or 3 clicks to get to anywhere I want, in an easy to use layout. That's hardly a bad UI.

A different way to enter text is hardly a holy grail worthy of all this whining either. Heck some may actually prefer T9 number pad entry.

Some people don't seem to appreciate how good a phone they probably already have.

People need to get a grip, it's a phone.God forbid anyone who delays you a phone update so you can keep up with your friends.

Please, put your energy towards other more worthy causes in your life.

You dont seem to get the problem here mate do you,and your the one ranting here and id suggest you change your signature and real the rules AGAIN if you have not done already

When the likes of me and many others spend a fortune on nokia products and are left without support and left waiting for updates promised months before hand and then you see models come out with the updated software and everybody else left behind DO YOU THINK THATS FAIR.?

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

[ Edited ]

I can well understand peoples frustration at not getting timely updates. I think the whole process is a fiasco. But, what I can't understand is why people post their frustrations on these forums.

It would be better to use the contact us button at the top of the page.

Nokia do not respond to posts save for the moderators who may step in when the rules of the forum

have been broken.

I for one couldn't care less any more when the next update is available. I'm sure it will come along when it's ready.

Incidentally, the update process for the Samsung Galaxy S is much worse than it is for Nokia.

There are people in the USA who are still on Android 2.1 and haven't had the subsequent 2.2 and 2.2.1 updates yet, even though 2.3.3 is being rolled out. The USA probably wont see 2.3.3 till next year if they're lucky.

All the best.

Ray

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Why do you think people are coming here?
There is noting from the contact us support and people have the right to complain you should be aware of what the forum is all about

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

Of course people have the right to complain, but complaining to each other on a forum isn't going to speed the update process up. Shouting things like " I hate Nokia " and " Come on Nokia hurry up " doesn't get anybody anywhere.

The biggest moaning board at present is the " Purple screen issue ". People are still posting on there asking what they should do, or " How can I tell if my screen is affected? ".

Most threads usually start out friendly enough, but then descend into who can shout the loudest, or throw the best insult at Nokia.

Surely it would be better to complain to Nokia directly, and not through a public forum.

All the best.

Ray

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

point taken but it seems people have to shout to get an answer

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Thewonderer

@scottb721 well without update u cant be up to date with other applications and firmware that are not related to Nokia.....

I dont say that i want a new os its good as it is but wats with the icons?? and real time switching between homescreen?? Oh please these are small things and whaao nokia makes a big deal out of em.

and finally for u guys it may just be a phone but me as a student i worked 2 months to get it. So its more than a phone to me.

regards
Please use plain text.