Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Symbian Belle coming 10/26

Registered Member
gorval32

[ Edited ]

Since Nokia's official corporate policy is to not comment on rumors.

MODERATORS NOTE

Offensive language has been considered by one or more members of the community, and so action has been taken to remove offensive references in the post.

Sheldrick

Please use plain text.
Ex-employee (retired)
skyee

As for the "Is Anna is essential for Belle update" I can tell you, that you will be able to update from whatever software you are using (launch software, PR1.1, PR1.2 or Symbian Anna) directly to Symbian Belle.

BR,

yvonne

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Lorion84

Anna Annoucement: 11/04/12

Anna Roll-Out: 11/08/18

Difference: 4 Months, 6 Days

Belle Announcement: 11/08/24

Belle Roll-Out: 11/12/30 ???

Even the rumored 26/10 roll-out would have been over two months after announcing Belle. And skyee said that it won't happen (will it happen earlier?  Don't think so....)

This is what Elop calls fast delivery?

Nokia, I just feel sad for you,

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
donofworld

@skyee
Last time Mr.Elop had announced probable Anna release date as end of August month during 22nd June N9 event so I am asking this time around ...will there be any probable date or period for Belle release? thanks
Please use plain text.
Professor
Vangelis290189

skyee wrote:

As for the "Is Anna is essential for Belle update" I can tell you, that you will be able to update from whatever software you are using (launch software, PR1.1, PR1.2 or Symbian Anna) directly to Symbian Belle.

BR,

yvonne

does this mean that we dont have to wait untill every region gets anna ? for example US is not going to receive anna but they are going to belle directly ? if thats what you are trying to say I assume that belle is too close for release

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
purppleen

No Vangelis, I don't think so.

What she's saying is that if for some reason you have not installed any firmware upgrade (PR1.2 or Anna) on your Symbian^3 device you still can upgrade directly to Belle without installing the other updates.

Cheers!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

Vangelis may be on to something... Will skyee reply?
blitZkid
Nokia C7: Running on Nokia Belle
"If I'm helpful in anyway, a click of appreciation on the star would be nice"
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
purppleen

blitzkid wrote:
Vangelis may be on to something... Will skyee reply?

She already did:

"... and I can already tell you that this one is just a rumour & definitely not happening.

As you all know we are NOT announcing any dates for our software updates in advance. Plus: At the moment our focus first is to get Symbian Anna out to our customers in the US, Canada & Australia. Symbian Belle IS coming - but definitely not on 26th October as some blogs are claiming."

Please notice "...first..."

Cheers!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
stamilselvan18

We cannot wait that much long. your reason is ok. But we are using the anna for thepast two months, it so boring. no improvements. only in icons and some minor updates. W think that Belle is newer one to us.enhanced taskbar and more elegence. So please faster. Please release it in between of november

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
donofworld

agreed ...Anna was kind of makeup only with bad color combination and ugly icons...Nokia could have released Belle instead of Anna
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jagawije

Ditching nokia, just like my friends did last year. Poor performance for the money paid. I should have listened to friends and bought a HTC Desire S. Nokia is just **bleep**. No matter what phone they release their image is already tarnished as far the smart phone segment is concerned. While they have done a superb job in low cost phones until now, If nokia does not act swiftly they will loose this as well.

This is just not worth the money I pay for smart phones. I will not definitely recommend any of your smart phones (Dumb expensive) to anyone.

Past Nokia User !!!!!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jagawije

by the way **bleep** is for the word krap. How nice they are trying to hide criticisms. You guys can try and type krap with correct spellings
Past Nokia User !!!!!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jagawije

I just cameup with a new slogan for Nokia

They can use "Dumb and expensive"

They might have connected people in the past, now this connection is done by Apple and Android

Time to change ur slogan Nokia

Past Nokia User !!!!!
Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga

jagawije wrote:

I just cameup with a new slogan for Nokia

They can use "Dumb and expensive"

They might have connected people in the past, now this connection is done by Apple and Android

Time to change ur slogan Nokia

Look if you want to go to a 1 phone fits all company, where things have to be regularly replaced or fixed and basically claim everything they do to be the first time ever in a mobile when Nokia has had it for years, or you want to go to one of the most hacked mobile OS's, Andriod, ever produced, thats fine.

you come on here as a first timer more or less and announce you are leaving, so leave.

Considering the number of mobiles that nokia makes, the quality of the hardware, the features, along with styling. We are happy with our phones.

They have more features built in than most other phones, they have more phones to suit more people.

Unlike some other companies that only have a couple of phones to their name and cant even release a completely new one once a year or the other companies that so many different versions of the OS that it hard to keep up and it easily hacked. Nokia is constantly releasing new models with new features with good prices.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
RJ55021

Hello Skyee.

After moths waiting for a real update It seems that the time is approaching.

But would be nice if you/Nokia could provide an expected period of range for this deployment be available for all Canadian customers.

Any information about that is appreciated.

Regards

RJ55021

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

We're waiting for the symbian belle update, but nokia release more symbian belle powered phones to the market. this is really unfair. If they do release mobile sets with belle, have to release belle for existing symbian 3 devices. They should have release belle update soon. I'm really good nokia fan since more than 10 years.

H P E N Suresh
Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga

7666130 wrote:

We're waiting for the symbian belle update, but nokia release more symbian belle powered phones to the market. this is really unfair. If they do release mobile sets with belle, have to release belle for existing symbian 3 devices. They should have release belle update soon. I'm really good nokia fan since more than 10 years.

Its already been stated that there will not be a belle update until after anna is completed. Yes they may put out some phones with belle installed on them. they do it to particular phones for several reasons. Firstly to get market feedback, how well is it excepted into the market, See what carriers thinks, see how it compares to other phones in terms of sales. Also to find out things like errors that occur with normal use and to then be able to customise it to avoid these issues. Lots of these kinds of things are all used by companies like nokia, before they do a full rollout so that when the time comes, there are minmal issues for existing users.

How would you like a company to give you something untested in the real world, so that the moment you install, all of sudden, lets say for example, the phone would no longer make phone calls, you could received them but not make them. Defineitly wouldnt be a very good experience. So companies like Nokia do these kinds of real world tests. It really doesnt matter how much you test something inhouse, as soon as you put it in the real world all sorts of issues can occur.

Let nokia do their best to give us the best user experience they can no matter how long it takes. 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

ok I'll agree with you my firend, but if they want to check with market then they should test with the existing hand sets. Then even fan can give good or bad feedback about the product. with the feedback if there's found bugs or anything can rectify it and give a best release with good product.

H P E N Suresh
Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga

7666130 wrote:

ok I'll agree with you my firend, but if they want to check with market then they should test with the existing hand sets. Then even fan can give good or bad feedback about the product. with the feedback if there's found bugs or anything can rectify it and give a best release with good product.

Your talking about a beta program i'm assuming, its a good idea. However i could see some issues with it, in terms of carrier approval, but more than that is the issue that if a major bug did occur, then a user could have a phone that is virtually useles, for an amount of time that it takes Nokia to correct it.

By nokia choosing to release a handset the way they currently do, means they have a phone that essentially has been approved by the carrier so there the first tick of approval, and secondly gives them a set test bed to work with.

fro example as we know Anna is being rollout to all Symbain ^3 phones, now thats about 6 different models, all with slightly different features and hardware, to run a beta style program on a mass scales like this, makes it harder to track single issues by using all models, its also harder to apply a fix easily without affecting models that the issue doesnt occur on. It also doesnt show things like sales ( as its only being applied to existing phones that have already been bought), Its doesnt show the carriers what they could expect from sales either.

So if Nokia could come up with a way of doing this then i think it is a great idea, but obviously it has the potential to cause major disruption to the users that participate. Also it would mean users would be updating there phone many times with each new revision of the firmware.

Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga

7666130 wrote:

Its moe of these kinds of ideas and thoughts that i think could help everybody.

Please use plain text.