Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Symbian Belle release date

Professor
jraduga

Something else to consider here, it can also be a matter of choice. for instance some people may like to stay on the current version of OS and not upgraade to anna or belle, some migh tlike anna and not want belle.

Other may just want belle. By nokia offering each of these OS's then it give us the choice to decide what os we want. However if for instance Nokia turn around and said "sorry it too late to give you anna, we will give you belle" then those people will never have the choice of anna to start with. If its all offered then people can choose before they upgrade. I realised that you cant roll back and update, but if you are never offered the update in the first place then you never get the chance to start with to upgrade.

Basically it helps to give us choice. Just another way at looking at it.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
donofworld

Still no announcement from Nokia regarding Belle update date!......Hope that they not delay it to Q1 2012
Please use plain text.
Sage
DeadmanN8

I never thought of it like that jraduga, Thanks :-)
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Daredevil88

Re: Symbian Belle coming 10/26

Hey buddy....

now Symbian belle is not available for update. It wl come soon may be till JAN next yr.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

Sorry deadman, didn't notice that it was the same video that had been posted already... My mistake... :-)
blitZkid
Nokia C7: Running on Nokia Belle
"If I'm helpful in anyway, a click of appreciation on the star would be nice"
Please use plain text.
Sage
archie_

All About Symbian discusses Belle:

http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/features/item/13539_Are_the_2010_Symbian3_smartpho.php

Also, impatiently looking forward to Belle for my N8, but rather late than buggy.
Symbian connected me to the world, to my dreams.. Thank-you Nokia
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jagawije

jraduga wrote:

g_saunak wrote:
Now Anna is out for both US and Australia...Are we going to see Belle Update coming our way now???? We also saw videos confirming that the official version is running quite smoothly in N8 .... So when is the realease due ???? Nokia are you listenning??? Skyee any update on this?

At this stage, as I understand it, Canada is still waiting. and currently Telstra (our biggest carrier in australia) are still to finish testing before allowing Nokia to release to the telstra customers.

So u r a Nokia employee after all. So dude when is belle coming ?

Past Nokia User !!!!!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jagawije

g_saunak wrote:
But again, that is the reason I bought my N8.....So, in a way thanks to Nokia again :smileyhappy: Nokia is still the best phone available and makes me a loyal customer :smileyvery-happy:

Nokia has one of the best exterior design teams, yet their hardware and software teams let them down....

Past Nokia User !!!!!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jagawije

jraduga wrote:

Something else to consider here, it can also be a matter of choice. for instance some people may like to stay on the current version of OS and not upgraade to anna or belle, some migh tlike anna and not want belle.

Other may just want belle.

In what universe would a person be content with having a less functional buggy software? Only reason a person would not update is because the fear of loosing their exiting phone data during update.

Past Nokia User !!!!!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jagawije

Ok this could be the reason for the delay...

Past Nokia User !!!!!
Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga

simple really, if theres a particular app for instance, that isnt compatible with a later version of OS, and the app is required for work purposes. There will be others as well, but as an example there can be very legitimate reasons as well as the one you have suggested
Please use plain text.
Contributor
sbala214

FInal official confirmation from Nokia via phone call . Symbian belle on Nov 25, 2011

Got call from nokia customer care from pune, +912067273700 number today afternoon

Please use plain text.
Advisor
hayvan

And how do you it was Nokia? A lot of people were called in India, it I believe Google, and they were all asked their IMEI number. Are you sure it wasn't a IMEI phishing campaign?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
timkamat

No matter who called, never ever give your IMEI number or such confidential details if anyone calls.
In Love With My C6-01:Now running on Nokia Belle!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

As Tim says never ever give confidential info to anyone, even if they claim to be Nokia customer care.
blitZkid
Nokia C7: Running on Nokia Belle
"If I'm helpful in anyway, a click of appreciation on the star would be nice"
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jagawije

jraduga wrote:
simple really, if theres a particular app for instance, that isnt compatible with a later version of OS, and the app is required for work purposes. There will be others as well, but as an example there can be very legitimate reasons as well as the one you have suggested

Nokia is just screwing with its customers. They have indeed successfully ported belle to n8, x7, and e7. They were shown them with belle during the nokia world. So they indeed have a working belle os for older devices. You can watch following video.

http://mynokiablog.com/2011/11/01/video-hands-on-the-official-symbian-belle-for-n8-c7-x7-e7-c6-01/

So skyee what is the problem now ???? Do not throw that we are still testing stuff at us. We KNOW THAT YOU HAVE A WORKING BELLE OS. So what really is going on here????  Is microsoft forcing you to do otherwise??

Windows phone market share is declining rapidly, So do not fall in to this trap!!!

Past Nokia User !!!!!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jagawije

[ Edited ]

jraduga wrote:

Other may just want belle. By nokia offering each of these OS's then it give us the choice to decide what os we want. However if for instance Nokia turn around and said "sorry it too late to give you anna, we will give you belle" then those people will never have the choice of anna to start with. If its all offered then people can choose before they upgrade. I realised that you cant roll back and update, but if you are never offered the update in the first place then you never get the chance to start with to upgrade.

dude visit http://mynokiablog.com/2011/11/01/video-hands-on-the-official-symbian-belle-for-n8-c7-x7-e7-c6-01/

you will see that this is not true!!!

Past Nokia User !!!!!
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
kingblue

You still don't seem to understand, that before Belle can be released on these phones, that it will first need to be tested by the carriers again, just like Anna needed to be tested.

Releasing a software version on phones used during an event like NokiaWorld is a different story: it's not day-to-day use during the event, and if it crashes, or certain functions don't work, nobody will be killed, and Nokia can still say it was a pre-production release ;-)

Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga

jagawije wrote:

jraduga wrote:

dude visit http://mynokiablog.com/2011/11/01/video-hands-on-the-official-symbian-belle-for-n8-c7-x7-e7-c6-01/

you will see that this is not true!!!

Its not a matter of whether it works or not. My comment was meant as a reason for releasing things in order. a reason for some who were suggesting just to skip Anna all together. Some applications that people use may or may not work on one platform or another. or simple a customer doesnt want to upgrade its their choice. Just because you want Belle, doesnt mean that everyone wants Belle.

Just take Anna for a moment, people had been saying for months before it was released that it was ready, simple because they saw some video, or thru whatever means managed to get it installed on their phone. But look what happened when it was actually released.

Now Belle has been around for a little while now, some of the videos have been here for a few months. In fact it was here before Anna was even officially released. ARE YOU prepared to take the risk that things wont happen again.

Let Nokia do their work, and get us a fully working, fully tested (by nokia and the carriers) version before release. I'm glad for one that  Australia was held back for a long as it was, the version we got of anna was a snap to install.

Even if Nokia did say it was ready today, it still has to go to the carriers for testing, they will still take their time to do what they have to do. and then they have to decide whether or not they will allow it to be released, and only after all of that will Nokia consider releasing it.

Let me put it this way...It will be released in your area when it is released and not before.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
g_saunak

kingblue wrote:

You still don't seem to understand, that before Belle can be released on these phones, that it will first need to be tested by the carriers again, just like Anna needed to be tested.

Releasing a software version on phones used during an event like NokiaWorld is a different story: it's not day-to-day use during the event, and if it crashes, or certain functions don't work, nobody will be killed, and Nokia can still say it was a pre-production release ;-)

Understandable.....But I still think it is a marketing strategy for the newly released Belle installed devices.....The underlying statement is "Go get a new phone if you want it sooner"....But that aint working guys.....People are getting more impatient and frustrated....

On the other hand it's good that scarcity creates more demand.... Belle is THE talk of the town right now and is surpassing Android related discussions too :smileywink:

Cheers \m/
Please use plain text.