Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Symbian Belle release date

Counsellor
g_saunak

Nokia N8 's Twitter feed says it will be released in December 2011.....Is it true ????

http://twitter.com/#!/nokia_n8
Cheers \m/
Please use plain text.
Sage
archie_

They will be seeking to avoid any situation similar to this one here: discussions.europe.nokia.com/t5/Software-Updates/Anna-update-1-2-and-2-2-fail/td-p/1116453/page/3 ..

But on the whole, I rate their Symbian Anna story has been considerably better written than the S60v5 initial varient N97.. They are listening
Symbian connected me to the world, to my dreams.. Thank-you Nokia
Please use plain text.
ashu11122

guys up till now nokia did not decided the release date of symbian belle for c6-01 i contacted nokia customer service care line they told me all this this

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

g_saunak wrote:
Nokia N8 's Twitter feed says it will be released in December 2011.....Is it true ????

http://twitter.com/#!/nokia_n8

No, it isn't. There has been no official announcement from Nokia about release of Belle.

Please use plain text.
Ex-employee (retired)
skyee

[ Edited ]

Hi!

The twitter feed that was shared via several blogs was not coming from us. If you have a quick look at the logo and compare it to the official Nokia Twitter/Facebook logo then you will spot the fake. (pS: Nokia's official Twitter profile is: https://twitter.com/#!/nokia)

When it comes to Symbian Belle and any announcements/information on software update launch dates: It's a Nokia policy to not give out any estimates regarding software update availability, but we will make an announcement here on the forum as well as via the usual channels (press releases, information on nokia.com and our Nokia blogs, etc.) when we go live with Symbian Belle.

Additionally, keep your software update auto-check switched on, so that you don't need to browse the web.

BR,

yvonne

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

There you have it !!! Official confirmation that Symbian Belle release date hasn't been announced... Thanks Skyee for clearing the air... 

blitZkid
Nokia C7: Running on Nokia Belle
"If I'm helpful in anyway, a click of appreciation on the star would be nice"
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jagawije

Ok thanks for making that thing clear.
Past Nokia User !!!!!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
donofworld

thanks for clarification.......................Long wait again...!!!
Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga

I really dont know why you guys all keep doing this. Honestly Skyee said a month ago, that until Anna is released in the the USA (now done), Australia (half done) and canada (still not done completely) that Belle would not be released.

Until you see that these place have all been released then honestly you are just wasting you time and effort even trying to come up with a date.

Considering most of you just had an update, why is it so important to get another right now.
Please use plain text.
Sage
Akuma07

Now Skyee could we have an official update on the status of Anna!!! FFS!!!
Hit the white star if I have helped you =]
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jagawije

[ Edited ]

jraduga wrote:
I really dont know why you guys all keep doing this. Honestly Skyee said a month ago, that until Anna is released in the the USA (now done), Australia (half done) and canada (still not done completely) that Belle would not be released.

so unless u r a nokia employee why bother wasting ur time

Past Nokia User !!!!!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jagawije

skyee wrote:

Hi!

The twitter feed that was shared via several blogs was not coming from us. If you have a quick look at the logo and compare it to the official Nokia Twitter/Facebook logo then you will spot the fake. (pS: Nokia's official Twitter profile is: https://twitter.com/#!/nokia)

When it comes to Symbian Belle and any announcements/information on software update launch dates: It's a Nokia policy to not give out any estimates regarding software update availability, but we will make an announcement here on the forum as well as via the usual channels (press releases, information on nokia.com and our Nokia blogs, etc.) when we go live with Symbian Belle.

Additionally, keep your software update auto-check switched on, so that you don't need to browse the web.

BR,

yvonne

One thing keeps bothering me.. I remember that even before anna was released there was talk about belle. How ever now that you guys have released belle (to atleast some devices) there is no mention of the next os.

I also remember Nokia saying when they launched n8 (Which I bought, and now facing performance issues, even though I do not run many apps) there will be 2 major updates in 2011. True to ur word you have released two updates, anna and belle. So you might have begun development of belle even before that announcement was made, over an year ago.

So I am begining to wonder that this would be the last major update for symbian, aleast until end of 2012, so which tells me that we should not spend any more money on symbian devices.

I know that any Nokia employee will not be able to comment on this due to obligations, but this will be an intresting point, specially as Nokia has promised to keep supporting the platform untill 2016.

Past Nokia User !!!!!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jagawije

pondering about which phone to buy, Nokia N9 or Galaxy SII, I can't work any longer with the n8, I have been a Nokia loyal for some 13 years, that is why i am even considering the n9. My only concern with n9 is GPS navigator SW limitation compared to Google Maps in our region.
Past Nokia User !!!!!
Please use plain text.
Advisor
dcwirtz

jraduga...Just an FYI, but Anna still hasn't been released for T-Mobile (Nokia C7 Astound) in the United States.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
ajaydavidson

Hello skyee why r u takin so long to make Anna available to countries like Canada and U.S.
Nokia C7
Please use plain text.
Sage
archie_

What's Astound(-ing) is that that needed three posts. Settle down :smileywink:
Symbian connected me to the world, to my dreams.. Thank-you Nokia
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
divadot

Re: Symbian Belle coming 10/26

Well said - the person should leave and stick to the phones they like. I am more than happy with my N8 - the camera is superb and the Anna update did enhance it. Looking forward to Belle. Should not be long now.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
dcwirtz

Sorry about that, archie_. I tried replying to his post...but it doesn't show his post in my response. I deleted my post and tried it again (Reply, Quick Reply)...but it would never include his post. Any suggestion on how to do that on this forum? Normally, it's automatic on the other forums that I use. I don't see the two other posts...but maybe you received an instant email about them? :smileyindifferent:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

[ Edited ]

dcwirtz wrote:

Sorry about that, archie_. I tried replying to his post...but it doesn't show his post in my response. I deleted my post and tried it again (Reply, Quick Reply)...but it would never include his post. Any suggestion on how to do that on this forum?

Reply > Quote - top right next to Spell Check

Please use plain text.
enormousju

Hi all,
I've been reading these forums for a number of years now and have always found them extremely helpful and useful. Indeed, it was these forums that helped me to make a fully informed choice when I originally purchased my N8 last year.

On the subject of Belle and the release date I can say that I have recently seen a date of November 26th banded about on various other sites but I wouldn't get overly excited - it is just all speculation and rumour after all.

Personally, I found the fact that the Anna update completely goobered my music library immensely annoying. I fully understand how and why Anna goobered my music library - but that doesn't make it any less annoying! I am led to believe Belle will rectify this state of affairs (amongst all the other great features that we all know about), hence my anticipation!

I guess what I really want to say is that the N8 is ALREADY a truly marvellous piece of kit that is STILL unsurpassed by anything else in many respects - over a year since its launch. When Belle happens, it happens. It can only ADD to what is already a brilliant overall package.

As a final aside I would like to nominate jraduga for a Nobel prize for consistently demonstrating the patience of a paint throughout this thread in the face of some totally unnecessary provocation.

And, (mentioning no names in order to avoid getting told off) to the 'contributor' who wants to go forth into the land of Galaxy S2 I say only this: PLEASE DO!

Just make sure not to sit on it before you've put your pants on. We wouldn't want any accidents to happen...

Thankyou all for your time and continued assistance in answering all of my many and varied questions on all things Nokia.

Ju. (enormous)
Please use plain text.