Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Symbian Belle release date

Counsellor
jagawije

Actually we were asking from someone like skyee. until so called guys like you decided to crash in.......
Past Nokia User !!!!!
Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga

you have been askign for how long and how many answers have you got so far...take the hint. read the terms and conditions this is a user based forum. No point asking and asking and asking and asking. you are not going to get the answer you want until it has started being released.

Till then you are just wasting your time and effort and annoying everyone else who come here for help. you want to ask skyee something then PM her. No point asking on here about belle, until after it has been released.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
ajaydavidson

So still most of the users in countries like America Australia Canada have not yet got Anna because of approval problems by the operators. If its the case then Nokia could release Belle to those countries where the approval process is quick and where most of the users are using Anna.
Nokia C7
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
ajaydavidson

Answers!?? But none of them were satisfactory. I asked whether Belle is ready that is all the bugs have been fixed or not, but there's no proper response.
Nokia C7
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jagawije

[ Edited ]
see, again you are just wasting your time!!!!, Last time I said this to you mysteriously some new user just popped up and started praising you. Felt something fishy was going on here, you know how easy it is to get multiple accounts these days on forums ... just wanted to say to Nokia that each passing moment they delay improving the user experiences of symbian devices they sold within last 12-13 months, they are losing potential buyers for their other platforms, like Windows and Meego. Because users do not want to go through the same ordeal twice. Which is why I raised these issues. I do not want Nokia to suffer the same fate as Ericsson..... As far as I know, Nokia N8 was their last successful phone, It does not have NFC so it should be easy for them to release Belle for it. And I do not care whether Nokia releases Belle or not, I purchased an Iphone 4 (not the one with siri) and now waiting for the Micro-sim. Until the Micro-SIM arrives I am forced to use the N8, which wont be too long, thank god. I really wanted to buy N9, but then it just occurred to me, what if same thing happened again? Over promised and Under deliver ????
Past Nokia User !!!!!
Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga

The simplest answer here is it's not ready, otherwise it would be rolling out.

Nokia do not want to delay it any longer than necessary, but they will hold it back if its not ready, which is the right thing to do. Also with carriers having to give approval for it before it is released means that even more time will be added to it. some carriers may take only a couple of weeks to approve, some can take months, and then may not approve it at all. Some may take months and then send it back to have changes and then take months again only to repeat it all again.

Firmware is not classed as ready until the carriers give their approval. So we all have to wait and show some patience, which for some is obviously proving very hard indeed.

Contrary to what some believe and or say on here, Nokia would like it out as soon as possible, there is no financial reason why they wouldnt, but they do need to firstly complete the project at hand which of course is Anna to all countries. And this was stated some time ago by Skyee

And before any one suggests that nokia should just go around carriers and release it anyway, this is not a good idea for nokia. Firstly they have agreements with many carriers, secondly the carriers own the networks and they have the right to decide what goes on their networks regardless of whether or not the phone is unbranded or branded. Next every phone and firmware has to be made to suit that region and the local communication laws in that region, which are administered by the government and the carirers together. So for any company that wants to survive in any particular country, they need to play by the rules.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
sinsisme

@jagawije :

If you really want symbian belle so badly for your N8, why don't u use the leaked version first until the official release. At least u can enjoy the belle leaked version UI for a while. After that u can update with the official. But if you really can't wait for the official version of belle then change your phone to nokia 701. If you can have iphone 4, i think the price for nokia 701 isn't much problem for you :smileyhappy:

Nokia X7-00
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jagawije

[ Edited ]
You still believe that if devices which came with ANNA like X7 gets belle and devices like N8 with same RAM/Processor does not get belle at the same time because belle being not ready? sounds more like a policy decision by Nokia to me.
Past Nokia User !!!!!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jagawije

price is not the problem here, it is the bad memories i have with N8, more like nightmares, Imagine you are in a meeting forgetting to silence ur phone. All of a sudden a call comes and your phone screen gets stuck, and phone rings until loudly for 30 seconds, all bosses stare at you!!!!
Past Nokia User !!!!!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
ajaydavidson

now only Am thinking that i have done a big mistake by updating to Anna. My old firmware was better. Because of Anna only Am thinking of belle and Am having a belief that belle might be better than Anna. Nokia could just say whether they have released the firmware to the operators or not This will make ur somewhat satisfied. But they are not doing that also. Or they could tell whether it will be available This year or not. Because they and they only might be knowing about the present state of belle.
Nokia C7
Please use plain text.
Advisor
alextomlinson

jagawije wrote:
Imagine you are in a meeting forgetting to silence ur phone. All of a sudden a call comes and your phone screen gets stuck, and phone rings until loudly for 30 seconds, all bosses stare at you!!!!

Well at least next time you go to a meeting you'll remember to silence your phone! LOL 

:smileyvery-happy:

N8 (059C5Q5) now running Belle V111.030.0609
N8 (059C5Q5) previously running Anna V25.007
Previous [N97, N95 8Gb, N95, N82]

If in doubt, RTFM! (Read The F***ing Manual)
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
sinsisme

@jagawije :

It's up to Nokia which one got it first for N8 or X7 or maybe both of them at the same time. As long as i can get it for FREE than buying a new phone with symbian belle os it's okay to me. The news said first time that N8 will get symbian belle first after that following with X7 and others. Did you see i complaint about that? NO. It's okay if N8 got it first and X7 got it after. The point is we will get it for all s^3 and anna devices. If Nokia release it early and have a lot bugs in it, i'm sure u will get mad and messing around here again. Nokia just trying to give the best for us and about your story with N8. I'm really sorry to hear that but nothing is perfect. If you really want a perfect phone for you, maybe u should try make one or try another product. Android and Apple have bugs as well with their OS. Patience is a virtue my friend :smileyhappy:

Nokia X7-00
Please use plain text.
mukumi

Just wait, like Blizzard said for Diablo III "It will be released when it's ready".

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jibinwithc6

when will i can update my 'symbian anna' to belle???

i am new here...

jibin

jibin550@gmail.com

j'n
Please use plain text.
Sage
archie_

It will be interesting to see how far they can go with the Symbian updates -- especially on the N8.

It's almost unheard of, a giant like Nokia lining-up named updates -- the first of which has been an incredible step in the right direction. I always had that warm fealing that they'd fight eventually.

We know that they have significant productivity-enhancing updates in the works. We also know that a short period of time, say 3 months, is an incredibly long time in the software world. Yet, I think that Nokia giving us a set date would be the same as those dates Boeing said All Nippon would get the 787. Nokia has struggled to give us great software for the devices we love -- to them, quality is of far greater importance than quantity at this time. Nokia will not release immature FW updates only to be burnt as it was with the N97. That experience is still fresh in the minds of the people that matter.

6210, 6310i, N70, E90, N8
I've seen* the iPhone4/4S, iPad2, Moto RAZR and SIII for a few minutes - all very good. Lumia 820 (WP8) is a fantastic piece of work.

Symbian connected me to the world, to my dreams.. RIP, giant.
Please use plain text.
Sage
archie_

Look at the Symbian Anna variations Nokia must take into account before releasing the update in the US (it has just been released there):

/t5/Software-Updates/Symbian-Anna-released-for-the-US/td-p/1188079

Symbian Belle Comparison:

/t5/Software-Updates/The-changes-of-Symbian-Belle-comparated-to-Anna-Detailed-info/m-p/1203589/threa...
6210, 6310i, N70, E90, N8
I've seen* the iPhone4/4S, iPad2, Moto RAZR and SIII for a few minutes - all very good. Lumia 820 (WP8) is a fantastic piece of work.

Symbian connected me to the world, to my dreams.. RIP, giant.
Please use plain text.
enormousju

Jagawije, I would like to take this opportunity to calmly assure you that my account is 100% genuine. I have never met jraduga. I have never previously corresponded with anybody who posts on this forum.

The opinions I espoused earlier were, in my view, genuine, rational, and coherent.

I do not wish to get personal. I have no need or desire to do so. Just calm down a bit!

Ju.
Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga

jagawije wrote:
see, again you are just wasting your time!!!!, Last time I said this to you mysteriously some new user just popped up and started praising you. Felt something fishy was going on here, you know how easy it is to get multiple accounts these days on forums ... Just wanted to say to Nokia that each passing moment they delay improving the user experiences of symbian devices they sold within last 12-13 months, they are losing potential buyers for their other platforms, like Windows and Meego. Because users do not want to go through the same ordeal twice. Which is why I raised these issues. I do not want Nokia to suffer the same fate as Ericsson..... As far as I know, Nokia N8 was their last successful phone, It does not have NFC so it should be easy for them to release Belle for it. And I do not care whether Nokia releases Belle or not, I purchased an Iphone 4 (not the one with siri) and now waiting for the Micro-sim. Until the Micro-SIM arrives I am forced to use the N8, which wont be too long, thank god. I really wanted to buy N9, but then it just occurred to me, what if same thing happened again? Over promised and Under deliver ????

Lets straighten something out here. I use one profile ONLY on this forum. I have no need to setup more than that. If someone reads my post and feels what I have said to be helpful in someway or they agree with what I have said and they choose to acknowledge me with a kudos, then I am thankful that someone has taken their time and effort to read and understand what I have typed, and I hope that I have helped in someway.

I say what I believe to be true, honest and fair. If I feel someone is going overboard on some topic then I will say so. I choose to come here to help others, I don't come on here to have to read thru dozens of post from someone like yourself complaining and whinging about something they have been told time and again the answer to. Just because you choose not to believe it or feel somehow by carrying on about it, Belle will magically get released sooner.

There is no reason Nokia would have to deliberately hold back the release of belle, except for the fact that they are still putting the finishing touches to it and getting it out to the carriers for testing.

I truly don't understand why you believe that by pushing for it, you will get it any quicker. Maybe you should go to some of the posts and threads from when Anna was originally released back in August. Try reading some of the issues for the countries that got Anna first, and then maybe you will see why many people are saying on here they are not worried about when it is released so long as it has no issues.

I'm not even sure why you would even think that you should get another update so soon. Most mobiles companies do one major release a year. Also there are no guarantees that when it is released that your carriers in will even allow it.

Honestly if you are having issue with your N8 locking up all the time. I think I would be asking Nokia to have a look at it, many people I know with N8's are having no such problems since the Anna upgrade. Perhaps you should start by removing Apps like fruit ninja etc. Some people I know have found some of the apps to actually be causing issues, and once removed no more issues. Just a suggestion anyway.

Hope you enjoy iphone 4, and all its problems. Gee its like a month since they released IOS5 and they are already releasing bug fixes. Looks like you have gone from one handset that has a problem, to another that has problems.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
sinsisme

Hello everyone, i just want to share some good news for Nokia N8 and E7 users.

Check this out :

http://www.nokia.com/sg-en/products/featured-phones/belle/

Nokia X7-00
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
leonard1928

is symbian belle out for december?
Please use plain text.