Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Symbian Belle release date

Martas009

It would also be interested in me ... I have a Nokia 500 Thanks

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
wjrmni

im waiting impatiently on this upgrade for c7 ive used nokias since mobiles ist come out, and in my opinion the c7 is as good a phone as any on the market and with this symbian belle update itll be hard to beat... i emailed nokia but they were sketchy when this relese date is. but ive a feeling itll be before end of december
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
logfan82

time will tell but agin i am saying it is releasing today (5th december)

Please use plain text.
Martas009

[ Edited ]

Also, I hope so ... after midnight on December 5 ****try, the Nokia Update what is included in the Nokia Suite and of coursethe OTA software update option in the phone

Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga

Honestly you. You are all just wasting time and filling server for no damn good reason. You will be told by Nokia when it is released and not before.

Guessing and checking is an absolute waste of time and effort. not to mention all you managed to do is get other users worked up over absolutely nothing. As far as the 5th december there has been no official info released by nokia,

Considering there are still so many product codes out there that dont have access to Anna yet, Nokia are hardly likely to releasing Belle without fixing the product codes so that they can get Anna first.
Please use plain text.
Martas009

So our wish is not fulfilled ... December 5, shortly after midnight and Belle still nowhere to be .... It comes with 8 or Dec. 25 .... whywith nokia and wanders??

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
g_saunak

sinsisme wrote:

@g_saunak :

While waiting symbian belle release maybe u should watch this :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJ6BaTCV95Q

Really cool effect for Nokia N8

Or this one :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5B7MnlDX9wc

Just for fun and wasting time while waiting symbian belle release :smileyvery-happy:

Thanks @sinsisme .... Thanks for sharing .... Bothe the videos are a treat to watch....However I watched the first video earlier and that;s the reason I am getting more imaptient :smileyhappy: ...

Cheers \m/
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
g_saunak

dkhalids wrote:
For Nokia India Update is coming After 8th of December any day. Just had a word with one of the person in Nokia India...

That's a great news !!!!!! I hope that is true..........But one thing I would like to pount out........Nokia Singapore and Malaysia sites are the only ones who have a "coming soon" update regarding Belle..........Other sites doesn't have it ..... So how authentic is this news ????

Cheers \m/
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
g_saunak

jraduga wrote:
Honestly you. You are all just wasting time and filling server for no damn good reason. You will be told by Nokia when it is released and not before.

Guessing and checking is an absolute waste of time and effort. not to mention all you managed to do is get other users worked up over absolutely nothing. As far as the 5th december there has been no official info released by nokia,

Considering there are still so many product codes out there that dont have access to Anna yet, Nokia are hardly likely to releasing Belle without fixing the product codes so that they can get Anna first.

I second that @jraduga

Cheers \m/
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

When Belle's out, everyone's happy and till its out the news of its arrival is going to keep them happy. Its just the thrill of its arrival that's keeping users on edge here. Some like it that way and some find it a waste of time. Opinion differs and we've to respect them. To those who're eager about belle and keep discussing its dates of arrival, you must not get disappointed when it doesn't come on some stipulated date. Just take it in your stride and enjoy the thrill. If you get disappointed and start being serious about it, then it really does become a waste of your time and energy. For those, who do consider it a waste of time in the first place, let the matter rest. Let the others enjoy the thrill of a arrival of belle. After all, everyone is eager to receive belle, its only that some speculate while others wait in patience. :-)
blitZkid
Nokia C7: Running on Nokia Belle
"If I'm helpful in anyway, a click of appreciation on the star would be nice"
Please use plain text.
MarkoSA

I think you make a good point but there is one thing you left out. Expectations can be dangerous because some people mistake predications and rumours that aren't official to be promises from Nokia and then want to leave nokia as a result.

I think two major OS updates expected this year (if belle comes before the end of the year) is already a lot. Nokia seems pretty good at delivering updates so I don't know why the critiscisms in that regard.

From my side, I follow the arrival of belle each day with anticipation and excitement but don't get **bleep** off at Nokia when rumours and promises don't pan out.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jagawije

[ Edited ]

See, whenever someone gives opinion against a certain person (lets call that person Mr J.) in this forum, suddenly a new user pops up and critisizes the person who is opposing, sometimes even worships Mr J. . This is certainly strange.....

Past Nokia User !!!!!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jagawije

[ Edited ]

Just checking how you guys are doing, still holding up are you? , great !!!!!  Kudos every body!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:smileyhappy:

Past Nokia User !!!!!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
sinsisme

@g_saunak :

Yeah some blog already posted the first video, i just want to share it at here for fun. Maybe someone else can share something good info, video, or anything while we are waiting belle :smileyvery-happy:

@jagawije :

Lol, you're to direct with that words ( Mr.J ). Well for me everyone can have their own opinion about someone. Btw your name start with "J" as well Mr. jagawije :smileyvery-happy:

Nokia X7-00
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
p2829

Every Symbian smartphone user knows Belle is much more enchanting than Anna, and so it's a pain to wait for the release of Belle.

And more frustrating if you had put hope in the false release date alerts by various parties.

Rather than getting further heated up by the waiting frustration, last Saturday I took the risk-taking adventure in self-administered flashing of my N8 with "pre-released official" Belle version 111.030.0607.

Everything turned out fine, luckily.

The waiting is over for me. It's now into enjoying my N8 Belle.

For those still anxiously awaiting Belle, it's an exercise in cultivating the virtue of patience.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
dkhalids

8th December is Thursday.I don't know why but I am getting this feeling, that we will get update by Monday morning.. Which is 12..Also I am curious to know why nokia India site not showing anything like..Coming soon or something..Fingers crossed...Lets see when will they unfold d update.... 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
stevehull29

p2829 wrote:
Every Symbian smartphone user knows Belle is much more enchanting than Anna, and so it's a pain to wait for the release of Belle.

And more frustrating if you had put hope in the false release date alerts by various parties.

Rather than getting further heated up by the waiting frustration, last Saturday I took the risk-taking adventure in self-administered flashing of my N8 with "pre-released official" Belle version 111.030.0607.

Everything turned out fine, luckily.

The waiting is over for me. It's now into enjoying my N8 Belle.

For those still anxiously awaiting Belle, it's an exercise in cultivating the virtue of patience.

Now you have flashed your phone yourself, when the official update comes out will you and can you still update to the proper release??

Also someone has just put on twitter that they have a new firmware update today for their N8, to V25.8, if its the case that this is coming I find it hard to believe we will have belle after the 8th, or today or maybe even december

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
sinsisme

@stevehull29 :

From what i've heard, we can downgrade back to anna even after we upgraded to unofficial belle. Never seen or know how cause i'm still waiting for the official release, not really interested with the unofficial one and beside there isn't one for X7. But i'm affraid if we upgraded it to unofficial belle we can't upgrade to official one or can't downgrade to anna anymore. 

Nokia X7-00
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
WePlan

25.8 is available for the following
0599230: nam_blue
059K9X0: nam_bronze
0599218: nam_dark_grey
0599226: nam_green
0599236: nam_orange
059G196: nam_pink
0599222: nam_white
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
stevehull29

but why would they bother doing that if belle is coming, what is the point, surely nobody is interested in it
Please use plain text.