Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Symbian Belle release date

Contributor
dkhalids

ill not mind if Belle comes to me in late December but i just cannot wait another quarter to see my X7-00 with Belle...It hurts u know after spending a fortune on these devices we get nothing but a simple plain look...I mean at least a smile(belle) is what we deserve.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
osamakamal

I think we don't want to upate to Belle Fast
we just want to when will be Belle released ?!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
donofworld

Nokia will never tell that
'In God we trust; all others bring data!"
Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga

If the second and third page of this thread /t5/Software-Updates/Symbian-Belle/td-p/1217379/page/3 is anything to go by. It will be Q1 2012 before you will see belle starting to roll out.

Which I figure would sound about right. Considering the delays that have been caused by many carriers, with some adding months to the rollout of Anna. They would have put Nokia behind by quite some time.

All the time they spent sorting out carriers instead of regionalising Belle etc, means they will be very behind. And all caused by carriers.

And of course then theres the sorting of issue that popped up during the anna rollout, with installation issues. Nokia will be keen not to repeat this again. So i fgured they will be testing it and re-testing it just to make sure nothing happens that should'nt.

Anyway the end result is that we wont be getting it till its ready and nokia makes an official announcement, no matter how much everyone guesses, demands, complain or whinge.

Please use plain text.
Sage
andrewaussie

dkhalids wrote:
ill not mind if Belle comes to me in late December but i just cannot wait another quarter to see my X7-00 with Belle...It hurts u know after spending a fortune on these devices we get nothing but a simple plain look...I mean at least a smile(belle) is what we deserve.

deamnd much whining baby how can you justify "deserving" an update. dont act like a spoilt brat and be happy with what you have. ps. nokia dont develop symbian anymore so its out of there hands.

Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga

dkhalids wrote:

To be honest, you bought your phone as it is, a PHONE, it came with firmware to make it work, you bought the phone based on the specifications provided and thats what you paid for. Anything else you get from Nokia is just a bonus.

Nokia gives updates not because they have to, but only because they like to show how they can keep your device current for longer and give you the best experience they can give. One day in the future there will not be updates any longer for your phone, because its become to old etc. NOBODY deserves updates, we are giving updates because Nokia likes to give them. They are not obliged, legally or otherwise, to give these updates.  the only obligation that nokia have is to fix issues (bug fixes), not new O/S or anything else.

Nokia have said they will give us Belle, which I am grateful for. I dont expect anything from Nokia after i bought the phone I wanted to buy. So to have them give me an update is brilliant.

Just remember though that Belle is not going to change your life, its not going to make you earn a heap of money, or get the promotion at work, or mow your lawns, wash the dishes, or even drive you to work.  So stop whinging and whining about something you cant change, it will be released when its ready and not before.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
a340500

Most of what l I see on this and some other theads are : -

Oh what a disaster Belle is not here yet Blah Blah Blah..

get a Life will you'all?

I'm sure you have more to do than speculate a date Belle will be released then whinge when these are lapsed. :-D

I personally don't care when it comes so long as its bug free..

So Nokia - take you time :-)

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
WePlan

I am guessing that the ones shouting here are the same ones who complained about the very recent Anna update. What are they going to complain about after it has been released?

On a personal note I have had my N8 for almost a year now and this is the first time, having experienced numerous phones with all operating systems, that I am not ready to change. I am happy with Anna and see Belle as a BIG bonus

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
a340500

Same here :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jagawije

jraduga wrote:

dkhalids wrote:

To be honest, you bought your phone as it is, a PHONE, it came with firmware to make it work, you bought the phone based on the specifications provided and thats what you paid for. Anything else you get from Nokia is just a bonus.

Nokia gives updates not because they have to, but only because they like to show how they can keep your device current for longer and give you the best experience they can give. One day in the future there will not be updates any longer for your phone, because its become to old etc. NOBODY deserves updates, we are giving updates because Nokia likes to give them. They are not obliged, legally or otherwise, to give these updates.  the only obligation that nokia have is to fix issues (bug fixes), not new O/S or anything else.

Nokia have said they will give us Belle, which I am grateful for. I dont expect anything from Nokia after i bought the phone I wanted to buy. So to have them give me an update is brilliant.

Just remember though that Belle is not going to change your life, its not going to make you earn a heap of money, or get the promotion at work, or mow your lawns, wash the dishes, or even drive you to work.  So stop whinging and whining about something you cant change, it will be released when its ready and not before.

While there is some truth into what you are saying, all these people who complain could be on the brink of dumping Nokia forever.

If Nokia had not announced Belle, and had not leaked firmware on the internet none of this would have happened.

But they did and there are versions of belle out there in the internet. Companies should be careful with new releases.

Because all this gives rise to unwanted expectation levels, which could result in unsatisfaction.

So Nokia, if you made a mistake try your best to give a solution, otherwise you will be tarnishing your brand image.

Past Nokia User !!!!!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

Nokia is doing its best to get us updates to keep our phones running longer... We've already had our first major update in Anna for the year and now belle's in the offing. So what's the big difference in getting it in December or January? We're going to get in ultimately and we should be grateful for that. Everyone's talking about spending a fortune on their Nokia devices but I don't know whether they've ever thought of the value their Nokia device is offering in terms of performance and longevity of life. Just for an example, my friend bought an android phone in February this year and he's now talking about replacing the phone with another android. And he's not even satisfied with the performance it gave for the money he spent. The amount he spent on that phone could've got him a Nokia C6-01. Though its an entry level smartphone, it still does perform tasks that are performed by high end models and its got one major software update already and one's in the line to be released for it. His android phones hardware does not even come close to the Nokia C6-01. But his hard earned money now has given him a life of less than a year for his smartphone. I'm not trying to degrade any other brand's operating system. All I'm trying to say is Nokia does give importance to you and your hard earned money when you buy their products, but still you've to remember that they're a company who are subject to the vagaries of market and various other factors which may delay their output but still you'll get what you deserve even though they've never promised to do it for you. They may be late but they'll get you the latest. So please do consider when you start posting all types of stuff about Nokia here. You're free to do so, its an user forum but just think before you post and if you still feel its worth posting, go ahead... Fire on.
blitZkid
Nokia C7: Running on Nokia Belle
"If I'm helpful in anyway, a click of appreciation on the star would be nice"
Please use plain text.
jjt888

Last update killed Nokia Maps on my E7!!!

Cant remove software nor can i re-install it?!?!?

There is really no help on anywhere on Nokia websites to fix this...?

I will soon change to Samsung... GRRRR!!!!!

:smileymad:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
ajaydavidson

Hello jjt what's the problem that you are having with your maps?
Nokia C7
Please use plain text.
devil3070

Re: Symbian Belle coming 10/26

yes it's official....
Please use plain text.
Sage
DeadmanN8

whats official?
Please use plain text.
Sage
bumblebirra

Please excuse my ignorance if I'm missing the point here, but why can't Nokia just release a version of Belle for those people whose phones are not connected with any phone carrier and therefore do not require any approvals?

I understand there are obvious important commercial reasons why Nokia would have things set up in such a way, allowing carriers to have customized versions of software in their phones, but there are also people who paid more for their phones purely because they did not want any customization, and hoping to bypass this ludicrous approvals process.

I'd much rather have a more up to date operating system with a few bugs than an outdated one which still has plenty of bugs anyway! Nokia would surely have already released Belle to everyone if they had all the necessary carrier approvals.

Before anyone jumps on me, I am more than happy with my C7 running Symbian Anna. I'm very grateful that Nokia made such a great piece of hardware and happy that Nokia eventually released Anna which fixed many of the serious problems I'd been experiencing with my phone. It's just a real shame there have to be these unnecessary administrative delays preventing me from getting the most out of my investment.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

bumblebirra wrote:
Please excuse my ignorance if I'm missing the point here, but why can't Nokia just release a version of Belle for those people whose phones are not connected with any phone carrier and therefore do not require any approvals?

All versions require approvals from the carriers and/or telecomms regulation authority in every market, regardless whether they are network-branded versions or not. This is to ensure that as a minimum handsets running this firmware will not cause problems when operating on the networks in this market. Clearly the people roaming abroad cannot be covered by that requirement, however their number and usage is negligible compared to the local market users.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
helgen8

Well the only thing that is really annoying in the current situation is the fact that NOKIA does not seem to have the courage to inform us about what is going on at the moment. A simple "yes, we start rolling out Belle just as promised in Q4/2011". Or, if not, "for whatever technical reason the roll out will be delayed to Q1/2012". This information already would calm down the situation. Hopefully if delayed it is really technical reason...and not just increasing xmas-sales. And we all know what Q1/2012 means...not before 28. March 2012 :-(
Well, please NOKIA, take all your courage and tell us the simple truth - truth can be a very peaceful experience!

Please use plain text.
Sage
bumblebirra

@93tid, thankyou for replying. That's perfectly understandable, but worrying to know how long it's taken certain country's telcos to finally give approval compared to others, for whatever the reason may be.

@helgen8, maybe once upon a time it was Nokia's policy to inform on progress, but you can imagine how that can backfire if you dont keep your promises on dates etc, which is essentially what people are asking for, and possibly why it's now a simple Nokia policy not to discuss release dates.

Though, I do think it would be an excellent idea to let us know what stage the various processes are at, without giving dates, so that we can make our own estimates.
Please use plain text.
Sage
andy232

a340500 wrote:

Most of what l I see on this and some other theads are : -

Oh what a disaster Belle is not here yet Blah Blah Blah..

get a Life will you'all?

I'm sure you have more to do than speculate a date Belle will be released then whinge when these are lapsed. :-D

I personally don't care when it comes so long as its bug free..

So Nokia - take you time :-)

I can't agree more. And I am not going to be part of this pointless merry-go-round with Nokia employees like Skyee who are always working hard behind the scenes to get this stuff done and get info to us in this forum. Nokia have done a great job with Anna on my E7, and I'm sure Belle will improve it even further. But bleating on and on about when it's coming, and how Nokia are terrible and how people are SO angry they're going to throw their expensive N8s out of the window and rush to buy a plastic Samsung piece of Android garbage....oh God no, please!! NOT AGAIN!!

Belle is coming. When? If you work for Nokia you might know. If you don't: please be quiet and wait. Patience is a virtue. 

Nokias: 232, 3210, 3330, 6230, 6101, 6021, 6126, E75, E73, N900, N8, E6, E7, N9. There's a Samsung in there somewhere too, but...we don't talk about that.
Please use plain text.