Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Symbian Belle release date

Counsellor
g_saunak

[ Edited ]
How authentic this news is ? As confirmed by skyee Nokia people never give away release dates in public prior to official announcement....But the post here claims that Nokia UK made an exceptionthink...That's a bit odd I think...
Cheers \m/
Please use plain text.
Sage
another_rob

go4rohitmct73 wrote:

FINALY NOKIA MADE A STATEMENT SYMBIAN BELLE RELEASE DELAYED TO Q1 2012.. nokia is making users fool around..you are making users angry to never switch back to nokia phones again....

nokia promised users the will bring symbian belle in this q4 2011...and the giving no value for their promise...are these nokia guys so brainless or lazy to built up a UI like belle on time..though BELLE is released in august fo smartphones 603,700 etc...they couldnt fix bugs for symbian belle running on n8...unbelivable...

good bye nokia........and dont release belle for 2012 release it in 2015 or later....keep everything in pending....NOKIA  MARKETS WILL FALL........

So, end of the world as we know it? You make it sound like an apolocaplyptic event. So, it's delayed a few month - big deal! There's no making fools of us, that's purely your own wish to think that!  Read the article and you'll see that there was NEVER an official release date for Belle, the most concrete was 'From Q4 2011 onwards...', which Q1 2012 is!  The 'release date' is fuzzy at best...hardly specific!

I really don't get why people are taking this delay so personally, as if they feel that the Nokia boardroom is there reading all their posts to this thread, rubbing their hands and evil laughs at how distraught we all are.  Seriously, get a grip!  Software delays happen!  And everyone's assuming that just because Belle appears to be running OK on N8 and other devices doesn't mean that it actually is!  There's a LOT more to the OS than just the bits that we readily interact with - you have absolutely NO IDEA how much work is needed to successfully port the Belle currently available to older, lower specced devices.

So, until someone posts on here who is a software engineer who has been working on Belle and tells us that the current leaked versions are as good as it gets, then I could accept that Nokia appears to be delaying - but until we get any proof that it IS ready, then I'm more inclined to believe what they say and that work is still being done on it, and the current release is another non-final iteration.

Sorry for the shouty bits - but they're points that people seem to happily ignore to justify their level of distress....

Please use plain text.
go4rohitmct73

Please excuse my ignorance AND I APPOLAGIZE for posting that..it just showed off the burst of long wait ..we the users hope it would be OTA this week and is been posponted to q1 2012 ,that took away most of the nokia users hope ...KINDLY IGNORE THE PREVIOUS POST ..

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
wjrmni

grrrrrrrrrrr:smileyhappy: just read a statement on symbian world .com that release date for update is early 2012.... they reckon delay may be that nokia c7s and n8s which are still being manufactured are getting this update (but blog doesnt comfirm this and may be rumor) but it looks like were going to have to wait.. ive a nokia c7 and its worth the wait as the 3 models on sale with the new symbian belle update are not as good a phones as the c7:smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Sage
another_rob

go4rohitmct73 wrote:

Please excuse my ignorance AND I APPOLAGIZE for posting that..it just showed off the burst of long wait ..we the users hope it would be OTA this week and is been posponted to q1 2012 ,that took away most of the nokia users hope ...KINDLY IGNORE THE PREVIOUS POST ..

And I apologise for mine - I just get frustrated at the amount of anger people vent over having to wait for the update.

Why can't people see it properly in relation to Android and Apple, that they're always shouting about leaving Nokia for?

Apple pretty much force you to pay for a very expensive new device to be able to properly use their new firmware updates (friends running iOS5 on iPhone 4 report terrible battery life after upgrading, amongst other things).

Android can't even guarantee that your device will even get an upgrade because of it's hardware (devices across every price point like Nokia, but without any kind of hardware conformity so that different devices can't handle new aspects/requirements of an OS update), let alone if you suffer with network carriers witholding or delaying Android updates.

Considering we're getting the update for free and not being coerced into buying new devices (Apple), considering that the update is being carefully combed through to make sure it will work on all the Symbian ^3 devices as opposed to having to buy a new device (Android) - we're being well treated!

The only problem is that the rumours have been circulating, people see a slight network hitch and convince themselves that it's a sign of Nokia uploading Belle for OTA updates, spurious dates that come from unconfirmed twitter accounts - all the while official Nokia has given the same response: "we hope to get it out Q4 2011, but we can't guarantee it."

The problem isn't anything to do with Nokia and it's release schedule - the problem is us lot with our exceptional expectation and feverishly following any leak or rumour and filling in all the gaps with our over-active imaginations!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
p2829

Re: Symbian Belle coming 10/26

Official release of Belle only in Q1 of 2012? Nokia is a great joker.

I flashed my N8 with Belle v111.030.0607 and have been enjoying using it for over a week now. I have tested every app on my N8, install and uninstall new apps, and Belle is working fine and good.

I even added the Jin-Hao captivating Belle theme effects and all is OK.

And last night I got an update from Nokia OTA for the search widget in my N8 Belle.

To my experience, Belle v111.030.0607 is already good enough to be released to all N8 users.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
wjrmni

hiya  guys  im wanting  opinios on this  :smileyhappy: ive a nokia c7   and ive researched this in depth..   that the nokia c7  is  a  better phone than  the 3 new symbian belle phones nokia has released...  and when nokia c7 get the update the phone will be hard to beat:smileyhappy: ive friends who are selling their c7s to buy  701s    i think its stupid   when this update is coming...  whats your opinons on this   ? thanks  w

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Re: Symbian Belle coming 10/26

I guess it's the language etc. variants that take time?
E7, N8, Lumia 800, Lumia 900
Please use plain text.
Sage
bumblebirra

@p2829, the only reason why I'd like to have Belle at the moment is because ever since the Anna update, all my music collection has become a jumbled mess. The reason being that the music player in Anna creates different albums even for songs that have identical album and artist name, just because the genre information is different.

Could you or anyone who has Belle installed please tell me whether Belle and Anna are identical on this issue? I badly need to sort out my music collection, but I'd hate to go thru all my songs and alter the genre in each one only to find that when I eventually get hold of Belle that I have to do it all over again.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

BTW is this version of Belle (v111.030.0697) the same as the leaked version for the C7? It's hard to ignore these reports of leaked Belles working perfectly. Has anyone got any similar stories on their Belle'd C7s?
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
wjrmni

well peoples we all know now our update wont be coming to 2012 and most probally feb to march just a guess:smileywink: but i wont be rushing out to buy a symbyian belle noika 603 700 or 701 im willing to wait untill this update as my c7 is a excelent phone..
Please use plain text.
Sage

If it is true that Belle has been delayed then I'm disappointed. I can't say I'm surprised though. I've had my N8 since it's launch and I can't say I'm unhappy with it as I bought it for the camera. That said, it hasn't improved at all in 14 months despite Anna - that was a minor release in a major releases costume.

I'm not rushing out to change my phone because there still isn't a better camera phone out there - that is testament to Nokia's ability to make good hardware.

However, the saddest thing is I feel Nokia have abandoned their existing customer base in an attempt to find new followers. The movement to Windows phone was probably not the correct move when you have so many people who are attached to Symbian.

Many people I work with have Android phones, but every one of them has said they would come back to Nokia if it supported Android. Because most people are disillusioned with Symbian and really don't like Windows
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
wjrmni

yes sad to say the internet is full of the delay reports cant help but feel this is to boost the sales of the new nokias with symbian belle installed but i certainly wont be selling my c7 to buy one of them ill wait impatiently:smileyhappy: but ill wait
Please use plain text.
Sage
adg82439

Oh my God, what is happening with nokia?

Is this the new way of customer relations?

As they have new devices out with belle there is no reason to withdraw it for us!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
wjrmni

my opinion  is  the delay is to  sell  these new hand sets with symbian belle installed..    as their will be some people so impatient that they will buy  one of these devices with symbian belle installed   i reckon  its a  clever move from nokia   only my opinion:smileyhappy:     i  am  a  hard core nokia fan  my ist nokia  was 22yrs ago whrn it was a brick lol  and for at least mmmmmmmmmmmm 10 years they made cracking phones  and  grewat battery life  when samsung phones were naff:smileyhappy: i had a aunt who bought a we samsung years ago  the battery lasted a hour lol   but admittedly samsung and android has  over taken nokia.....  but thats due to android...   but nokia will get their with this  symbian belle....  its a pity they cant reward their loyal followers with this update asap:smileyhappy:    their so many unoficiall updates now  leaked out  and i cant understand why nokia cant speed this up   but my opinon is    the xmas sales      anyhow  anybody agree with me

Please use plain text.
Contributor
vijay57575

Nokia has confirmed that Symbian Belle update will be in early 2012., but not confirmed the release date..
So no chance of update in this year..
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
ajaydavidson

Hello Vijay, Nokia never gives dates for firmware
release. They only tell the period during which the
update will be rolled out. Because regarding
software release errors may occur so one cannot
provide a particular date for the release.
Nokia C7
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Paul_Grenfell

N8 users are better off than E7 users.. At least they have the English/Polish Version that was released.. Its gone Viral actually.. But E7 users dont have any Variants to play with :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Favicon

I own a N8.

Some hours ago I went to the local Nokia Shop (official shop) to try out Belle on Nokia 700/701 here in Stuttgart (Germany).

The sales assistant told me that they haven't got a 700 there but with a little patience I would be able to try it out by myself this month.

He told that they got an Email from Nokia that confirms the roll-out date for Belle for N8 to the 23th December 2011.

I cannot tell if he told me the truth but it sounded very convincing.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
CharlieDee

Rumours rumours rumours... Good things come to those who WAIT!
I just Do, Because, I Can!
Please use plain text.