Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: Symbian Belle release date

Mobile Visionary
donofworld

Nokia 701 will come handy next year in Q3 or Q4 when next software update after belle i.e Symbian C will be released but by that time then there will be lots of new smartphones and os(s) to choose from :smileywink:
Counsellor
wjrmni

been with nokia 22years  why lol  very frustating company:smileyhappy:

Counsellor
wjrmni

ill be keping this  701  at least  18months         but i reckon nokias future is this windows:smileyhappy:  tho my opinion they should concentrate on symbian

Mobile Visionary
ajaydavidson

Hello wjrmni, good that you informed this. It will help the C7 users who may be thinking of selling their C7 to get 701.
Nokia C7
Counsellor
wjrmni

yes im sitting here and my son is using my c7 im on 701 the difference isnt worth mentioning. pure waste of my wifes money..... but its a xmas gift so i have to show apreciation for the gift. but its sorta put me off nokia the phones are like a set of identical twins..ALL YOU NOKIA C7 OWNERS HOLD ON TO YOUR PHONES. IF I WOULD HAVE KNOWN MY WIFE WAS FOR BUYING ME A PHONE AND A 701 I WOULD HAVE STOPED HER.. NOKIA NEED TO GET THEIR ACT TOGETHER
Registered Member
kresimir1987

I think nokia should improve symbian. The point of software is to make it work on existing hardware, and not to make hardware for existing software. This is where for me android fails. Like new games. Instead the follow hardware, hardware follows them . That's stupid :smileysad:

Akcija za bolju Hrvatsku
Counsellor
wjrmni

yes i totally agree wit ya.... if  they would concentrate on symbian.... they also keep making loads o strupid  phones  look at the c7 and 701   my son has my c7 ive my new 701  their no difference  its  stupid

Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

Hey wjrmni,
Just think of it this way, your wife saw that you love your C7 so much that she wanted you to get something new and better but still something which will be close to your heart. Since the 701 looks like the twin of the C7, she might have thought it would be the best gift possible and your transition from C7 to 701 would be easier. The glass is half full and not half empty. Take it that way. :-) As for your comments on Nokia, I agree. They do need to improve and my personal opinion, keep symbian alive and going. It still can pack a punch and kick some android butt. :-)
blitZkid
Nokia C7: Running on Nokia Belle
"If I'm helpful in anyway, a click of appreciation on the star would be nice"
Counsellor
wjrmni

Re: Simian Belle release date

:smileyindifferent: blitzkid     lol   very  good...   yeh    my wife meant well...    but my sons enjoying the c7 lol   their so simalar  were using difrny covers  /  but anybody with a c7 hold on to it   their no need to buy a 701.. yes  the nokia windows  thing  im not sure  about  but  i read a we peice on the internet were nokia is considering android:smileyhappy:  but  i cant see that hapening...  wish they would concentrate on symbian  and work on it  and  maybe theyl be  the best brand of phones around. for years nobody could touch nokia    would love to see them days back

Counsellor
jagawije

jraduga wrote:

There can be drawbacks with Beta testing. Whilst its a great wasy to get your hands on the latest OS early, there can be drawbacks also.

I have in the past been a Beta for a large A/V software company. We would release a new version of the software essentially once a year, plus a service pack as well. The new version of the software once it hit Beta would often go thru between 350 and 500 variations and revisions during the time from Beta to RC and then there could be many more releases from RC to retail rollout.

The Beta section of the testing would iron out issues everything from simple visual things to more complex problems like incompatiblity with certain other software installed. All of this would take around 9 months and then another couple of months before it would then come out of RC.

Granted that testing A/V software has a lot more factors to take into account, in terms of mainboards, drivers, OS's, other applications and many variations on these etc. And then of course the possiblity of a total system crash for those who didnt run it in a virtual environment.

But honestly who here is prepared to risk your phone on a Beta OS and then have to reinstall possible a few hundred Beta versions before its finally released. Not to mention that whilst its easy to do A/V testing, testing a OS for a mobile that is going to be used on a network that neither you or Nokia own can be against the rules for individual carriers or the local telecommunication regulations.

Then of couse there is the issue of what happens when someone tries to install a Beta OS for their Nokia Phone and it goes wrong and they dont have the knowledge or the ability to get themselves out of the problem when the phone simply doesnt work any longer. Who takes the responsiblity for that. Who will fix the phone. I know who should take the responsiblity ( the user), but guaranteed that person will want Nokia to fix it.

I for one would love to do it., but at least i know what i am getting in to, and can afford to get myself out of trouble if needed, even if that means buying a separate phone just for testing. I know the developers program that nokia run is quite well setup, not sure however how this would work with OS's

Oh and something to remember for those who think that they wouldnt have to install all of the versions, whilst you can obviously skip an odd one here or there. The reason the companies do these kinds of testing is to receive information about how to make it better and less buggy. So yes you are expected to have some input. these days many of the companies also use Keys that expire to ensure that you are keeping up with your responsiblities.

Beta testing can be fun and exciting, but it has its down falls. As I mentioned i would be interested in a Beta testing, but I dont think that some on here would be prepared for what they have to do.

Here we go again. People who install any beta version should be told of the risks, as done by others. So as to avoid getting liability claims. It is Nokia employees like you who make such obstacles to Nokias growth. Beta testing is the best solution in finding issues. The same model is applied for "Open Source Software".  People are told of the risks involved. But millions still use it, and knows that it at their own risk. And they report bugs, and some people even provide the bug fixes.

And I can offer a solution to Nokia. If they plan to abandon Symbian, make it open source. So that people who are intrested can do the developments.People might claim it could risk security. But contrary to popular beilief, people who attack or create viruses only do so when the source is closed. That is why we find so many viruses targetting MS Windows platforms. People who run commercial applications mostly use Linux. Still people do not hack them. It is because people attack only closed source OSs.

Problem with Android interms of security is because some carrieres intentionally install software to gather information about their subscribers, which is not directly attributable to Android, neither it is a bug in the OS.

Past Nokia User !!!!!
Sage

wjrmni wrote:

yes i totally agree wit ya.... if  they would concentrate on symbian.... they also keep making loads o strupid  phones  look at the c7 and 701   my son has my c7 ive my new 701  their no difference  its  stupid

I think you miss the point, if you stick with your 701 there will be a difference, the c7 will only go so far but the 701 has the potential to go much further.

Nokia has always released similar phones, just improvements on hardware. People are harping on about how good Nokia always were but in this case they are doing what they have always done.

Sage
another_rob

wjrmni wrote:

:smileyindifferent: blitzkid     lol   very  good...   yeh    my wife meant well...    but my sons enjoying the c7 lol   their so simalar  were using difrny covers  /  but anybody with a c7 hold on to it   their no need to buy a 701.. yes  the nokia windows  thing  im not sure  about  but  i read a we peice on the internet were nokia is considering android:smileyhappy:  but  i cant see that hapening...  wish they would concentrate on symbian  and work on it  and  maybe theyl be  the best brand of phones around. for years nobody could touch nokia    would love to see them days back

In reality what you mean is, how you're currently using your phone you're not seeing much difference.  However, C7 and 701 are different - see the link below for a stat sheet comparison - 701 has more RAM, faster CPU, faster data speeds, different GPU...all things that will make the 701 overall a better performer.  Like has been said elsewhere - Nokia's always been good at bringing out new handsets using similar bodyforms as before which they know are popular, as well as completely new designs. 

http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=4119&idPhone2=3394

drsam0

Re: Symbian Belle coming 10/26

symbian belle page updated on nokia india site too..... seems belle ll hit soon now!!

Counsellor
alextomlinson

Comment on twitter from user called Nokia_N8 -
"Starting in February 2012, Nokia will release the all new Nokia Belle software update to existing devices"..... official words from Nokia.
Food for thought?!
N8 (059C5Q5) now running Belle V111.030.0609
N8 (059C5Q5) previously running Anna V25.007
Previous [N97, N95 8Gb, N95, N82]

If in doubt, RTFM! (Read The F***ing Manual)
Advisor
die2mrw007

Great news guys :smileyhappy:

Nokia Belle original leaked !!!
check this source: http://gizmolord.com/nokia-n8-belle-rc-v2-original-111-030-0609-leaked-by-taylor/

The official release will be on first quarter of 2012 by Nokia !!!
Counsellor
wjrmni

in rely to another-rob      my son has my c7 ive my 701  the difersnce is  very very little  we both have tested and did the internet  its pure rubbish.  the widgets  every thing are the same.   wooy doo a useles pull down bar:smileyhappy:  and woopy doo 6 home screens and no  widgets to fill them eh..  2 phones identical the same....  why couldnt they have put this 1gz proceser in the c7?   to begin with.  why not a comlete new design new model eh?  they took the c7  and made a slite alteration to it.   their product design guys a joke.  im a true nokia fan  22years ive bought nokia  and at one time they were the tops in phones,  hopefully they will get their act together                   ...........  as for all the techy freaks  the majority of nokia users  aint into that **bleep**.............  the c7 and 701 are simalar......   so c7 owners  hold on to your phones  for the update of symbian belle  and youl have a phone better than the 701    

Mobile Guru
93tid

alextomlinson wrote:
Comment on twitter from user called Nokia_N8 -
"Starting in February 2012, Nokia will release the all new Nokia Belle software update to existing devices"..... official words from Nokia.
Food for thought?!

Nothing to think about - here's the official announcement from Nokia:

http://conversations.nokia.com/2011/12/21/nokia-belle-coming-soon/

Sage
another_rob

wjrmni wrote:

in rely to another-rob      my son has my c7 ive my 701  the difersnce is  very very little  we both have tested and did the internet  its pure rubbish.  the widgets  every thing are the same.   wooy doo a useles pull down bar:smileyhappy:  and woopy doo 6 home screens and no  widgets to fill them eh..  2 phones identical the same....  why couldnt they have put this 1gz proceser in the c7?   to begin with.  why not a comlete new design new model eh?  they took the c7  and made a slite alteration to it.   their product design guys a joke.  im a true nokia fan  22years ive bought nokia  and at one time they were the tops in phones,  hopefully they will get their act together                   ...........  as for all the techy freaks  the majority of nokia users  aint into that **bleep**.............  the c7 and 701 are simalar......   so c7 owners  hold on to your phones  for the update of symbian belle  and youl have a phone better than the 701    

you claim to have been a fan for 22 years, so why can't you accept that Nokia has done what Nokia has often done, and released incremental improvents to a handset with a new model number.  Really, please stop your whining - there are a LOT more phones out there than just the C7 and 701 so stop complaining that the next version of the C7 - the 701 - is like the C7....BECAUSE IT'S MEANT TO BE!!!

Really, there's no joke apart from your inability to look back at the past 22 years where you claim to have been a fan...if you did, you'd see that Nokia has always released updated version of handsets, as well as completely new designs, VERY OFTEN.

Counsellor
wjrmni

my claims of buying nokia as 22years is fact:smileyhappy: i stand by what i say their is no excuse to have 2 phones in a matter of months both the same design with minor differences... if they would have worked on the c7 they wouldnt have had to issue the 701 and yes their more phones around than c7 and 701:smileyhappy: thiese discusions are mostly n8 owners c7 owners and now 701 owners its good to let people know not to waste their money on a 701 when the c7 is a better phone when it gets its update... and if you dont like my comments another rob go else where and talk rubbish dont refer daft comments to me :smileyhappy:
Mobile Visionary
timkamat

701 is an improvement over c7. By looks they may seem similar, but there are inherent differences. You will get to notice them in the long run as you keep using it.And remember 701 will continue to receive updates even after belle while upcoming belle will be the last software update for c7.
In Love With My C6-01:Now running on Nokia Belle!