Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Symbian Belle release date

Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

Oh my goodness! The discussion boards have become a place for a slug fest. Cool it you guys! We're here to discuss Nokia phones and nothing else.
blitZkid
Nokia C7: Running on Nokia Belle
"If I'm helpful in anyway, a click of appreciation on the star would be nice"
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
timkamat

I was staying away from this thread, but meaningless comments about c6-01 which by any means is a great phone. Anyways sorry for losing my cool.
In Love With My C6-01:Now running on Nokia Belle!
Please use plain text.
Advisor
nguenht

timkamat,
woops, a little misunderstanding here... I meant that I don't use 6230 and 6670 anymore.
Currently using c6-01 with anna and it's nice
sorry for my bad english
nokia 6230 silver > nokia 6670 silver > nokia c6-01 black
Please use plain text.
Advisor
solarfre

Can't wait for February.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
timkamat

@nguenht,sorry for misunderstandings. My comments were directed towards that some wj...who was going blah blah about 701 his wife brought him.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

Okay guys... Its all in the game. Anybody can lose their cool under dire situations. Keep your cool and be happy. And Wishing you all Nokia forum users and Nokia family a Merry Christmas...
blitZkid
Nokia C7: Running on Nokia Belle
"If I'm helpful in anyway, a click of appreciation on the star would be nice"
Please use plain text.
Rajeev143

Guys,

Please be patient..Rather than upgrading leaked versions need to wait official release date (i.e, first week of Feb2012).We don't have have any other option to upgrade to Symbian Belle except wait for the official release.:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Paul_Grenfell

"Official" release date means zilch if Carriers dont approve the updates.. Ask those who are still waiting for Anna..
Leaked RC versions are definitely fine to use.. its it often the only way many will get upgrades - other than send their Handsets to Nokia care Centres. This is an established fact..
PR 1.2 and Anna upgrades were a shambles..
Unless Nokia have some way of circumventing carriers, the same situation will occur with Belle.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jagawije

Rajeev143 wrote:

Guys,

Please be patient..Rather than upgrading leaked versions need to wait official release date (i.e, first week of Feb2012).We don't have have any other option to upgrade to Symbian Belle except wait for the official release.:smileyhappy:

ho ho ho, have you boys been good this year, may be I will bring belle next february, and boys, remember, no fighting, and be good !!!!!

Past Nokia User !!!!!
Please use plain text.
Advisor
dafflr05

wjrmni....you think having c6-01 is embarracing????? I'm gonna let u know that u're here to make yourself popular, and this topic is not about ur family, ur job and even c7 or 701.....

So, come to your sence.......i dont think u have a wife, son like that.....it really like u just make a story here......i don't think u seperated with your wife over phones.......and i don't think work as a manager.......and Nokia can make a design whatever they want......you're just annoying.....this thread is not for a guy like you......goneeee
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
timkamat

Is there any rule here in this forum so that an unruly member may be banned? We are fed up of this wjrmni who is just annoying!
Please use plain text.
Professor
Vangelis290189

I'm bored with Nokia's updates . . .

I do not care anymore if it releases belle or not or keep it for themselves .

Nokia has lost its identity and philosophy . They want symbian belle but without calling it symbian !!! They want maemo-meego but they discontinue its development !!! They want windows phone 7.5 and guess what ??? Its not a NOKIA anymore . Its like LG or HTC WP7 .

there are 2 options . either renovate completely symbian to be unique or go for Android which is a safe passage . Like this there will be no sales

Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga

Vangelis290189 wrote:

I'm bored with Nokia's updates . . .

I do not care anymore if it releases belle or not or keep it for themselves .

Nokia has lost its identity and philosophy . They want symbian belle but without calling it symbian !!! They want maemo-meego but they discontinue its development !!! They want windows phone 7.5 and guess what ??? Its not a NOKIA anymore . Its like LG or HTC WP7 .

there are 2 options . either renovate completely symbian to be unique or go for Android which is a safe passage . Like this there will be no sales

well, using your example and stating that by using wp7 makes it an LG or HTC, wouldnt using andriod be like samsung etc. Personally i firmly believe symbian has a lot of room for development left in it. I believe it is solid and reliable and is definitely a defining part of Nokia.

Having said that i can understand why it is now called Nokia Belle, instead of symbain as the name Symbian has been sold, So Nokia has no rights to use it any longer, not without paying for the use.

Going for Andriod is a non event if you ask me. Its too easily hacked, its already over used, and virtually Andriod is becoming the same for mobiles as windows is for a pc, there is nothing defining about it, nothing to set one andriod handset apart from another in any real sense.

Unfortunately, IMO, many other phone manufacturers (mainly apple) got together with the press to say Symbian was old and outdated after having been around for so long. So the press printed it etc and people, like they do, believed it and Nokia was left holding something that the press was saying was outdated and unable to do the job any longer. Which was totally false, as can be seen by Anna and the soon to be released Belle.  You know the old saying "throw enough mud and some of it is bound to stick". So Nokia have no option if they want to survive they have to change one of the things that really has defined the company.

Nokia over the years has led in design, features, reliablity, and function, and in many ways they still do. Its just unfortuantely that the majority of people are not buying phones for all the extra things that are built in. They wanted something for the dummies, so they bought an iphone. It has always lacked the features of a nokia and in many ways it still does. For example, Nokia released the first NFC based phone in 2006 with the 6131. Apple is still to release even their first model, nokia now has 9 nfc capable models. Even Samsung have only not long ago released an nfc phone in 2010, 4 years after Nokias first.

Please use plain text.
Professor
Vangelis290189

jraduga wrote:

well, using your example and stating that by using wp7 makes it an LG or HTC, wouldnt using andriod be like samsung etc. Personally i firmly believe symbian has a lot of room for development left in it. I believe it is solid and reliable and is definitely a defining part of Nokia.

Wp7 is closed source and its whole development its done by microsoft . Android is open source and the phone manufacturer can add / remove things or improve others and their phones unique . Thats why Lumia is the same with LG optimus7 while HTC sensation differs from galaxy S2

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
vikash71434

Then wat does this link says..

http://europe.nokia.com/symbian-belle#new

S tat true or a scam.. I hope it launches soon..//////

Please use plain text.
Advisor
alextomlinson

vikash71434 wrote:

Then wat does this link says..

http://europe.nokia.com/symbian-belle#new

S tat true or a scam.. I hope it launches soon..//////

Yes it's true..........scroll up in the thread you'll see that Nokia is due to release Belle in February for the older phones.

When your carrier approves it for you to actually get the update may be another matter though. :smileyfrustrated:

N8 (059C5Q5) now running Belle V111.030.0609
N8 (059C5Q5) previously running Anna V25.007
Previous [N97, N95 8Gb, N95, N82]

If in doubt, RTFM! (Read The F***ing Manual)
Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga

Vangelis290189 wrote:

jraduga wrote:

Wp7 is closed source and its whole development its done by microsoft . Android is open source and the phone manufacturer can add / remove things or improve others and their phones unique . Thats why Lumia is the same with LG optimus7 while HTC sensation differs from galaxy S2

Being closed or open source is rather irrelevant. If its a wp7 OS then it will look like any other WP7 phones OS. if its an andriod, whilst each manufacturer can make some changes, essentially is still the same old Andriod based handsets that look slightly different from each other. Symbian was different, Nokia had it and no one else. It was exclusive to nokia and its users.  Unfortunately these days regardless of what OS you have and comparing to any handset that uses the same OS, the only major difference is the looks of the phone. 

Please use plain text.
Sage

jraduga wrote:

Symbian was different, Nokia had it and no one else. It was exclusive to nokia and its users.  Unfortunately these days regardless of what OS you have and comparing to any handset that uses the same OS, the only major difference is the looks of the phone. 

Hasn't Symbian been used by pretty much all phone manufacturers?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
dcwirtz

jraduga wrote:
Being closed or open source is rather irrelevant. If its a wp7 OS then it will look like any other WP7 phones OS. if its an andriod, whilst each manufacturer can make some changes, essentially is still the same old Andriod based handsets that look slightly different from each other. Symbian was different, Nokia had it and no one else. It was exclusive to nokia and its users.  Unfortunately these days regardless of what OS you have and comparing to any handset that uses the same OS, the only major difference is the looks of the phone. 

Symbian was never exclusive to Nokia. Other phone manufacturers such as Sony Ericsson used to have Symbian phones as well.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
vidyutx

S^3 version of symbian was pretty much limited to nokia only.
Though symbian has some inherit sluggishness and other touch based ui limitations but one thing what was nokia's really own invention and the "MEEGO" which "was" revolutionary in today evolutionary world. It came at the time in which already many things in mobile have been achieved. It brought something that no ios or androids, could even think even after having so much of large developer platform.
And the best(or worst ) part of the whole story is that nokia 'SLICED' something which was Their most comprehensive development work of recent times for something else, 'something' which can never compete with what it has replaced.
Please use plain text.