Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Symbian Belle release date

Counsellor
vidyutx

S^3 version of symbian was pretty much limited to nokia only.
Though symbian has some inherit sluggishness and other touch based ui limitations but one thing that really was nokia's own invention the "MEEGO" which "was" revolutionary in today evolutionary world. It came at the time in which already many things in mobile have been achieved. It brought something that no ios or androids, could even think of even after having huge developer platform.
And the best(or worst ) part of the whole story is that nokia 'SLICED' something which was Their most comprehensive development work of recent times for something else, 'something' which can never compete with what it has replaced.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
g_saunak

Ever since nokia announced Belle to be released on Feb, all the excitement has died down.... We all were speculating, finding clues in whatever other announcment was made even though are far fetched, believeing in rumors, spreading them, posts getting deleted for unauthorized links, some getting frustrated, some cursing Nokia, some praising Androids and some opposing them........But now we all are calm and we all are looking forward to Belle in Feb quietly........ Sometimes I feel we were actually enjoying those days......

Now it feels too drab :smileysad:

Anyways....Wish you all a very happy new year ahead..........Have a great time......

But for us, Nokia lovers, the true New Year begins after Feb ........ Till then, keep rocking ....... \m/ :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:

Cheers \m/
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
sinsisme

"Symbian" Top Mobile OS Of The Year 2011

http://www.symbiantweet.com/symbian-top-mobile-os-of-2011

Nokia X7-00
Please use plain text.
Sage
adg82439

Hello Sinsisme,

thank you, that looks nice,

but is a contradiction to other surveys

which says Android is the OS of the Year.

On elops Masters wish Symbian is communicated

as dead as on can think of. :smileymad:

But only MS something will be the star of the millenium in a universe far far away.

:smileytongue:

As I do not know wether Symbian means here all Subreleases or just the "new" S^3, I do not see wether this is comparable.

As far as I understand

only cellular OS with touchscreen UI should be compared,

this should be Symbian^3 ff., iOS, Android, Bada, Meego, ms something.

I dont know whether Blackberry count for this

and I think SE uses Android now but used to use Symbian too in the past.

maybe the figures are extremly misleading therefore.

Would be nice to have detailed ones for clear analysis

Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga

you are right it was never 100% exclusive to nokia. Ericcson, motorola,nokia and a couple of others including samsung produced phones with symbian running on them. Of course it all originated at Psion in the first place, before their software division was moved away from the main group and it then formed into a large partnership between all 4 companies.

But honestly there was only a few handsets ever released by these other companies, and nokia was first to market in 2001 with their smart phone, using the symbian name, and nokia by far sold more handsets than the others before they took over the company entirely. They really did make it their own, and symbian has always been associated in large as being nokia's, (even though technically speaking for a good part of the time it was a partnership between the 4 corporations.

Having said that though, psion with epoc32 the name before symbian did release some handsets as well

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

Yup! With announcement of a February release, all excitement has died down. No more speculating, no more eager awaiting and certainly no more discussing... Altogether too dull...
blitZkid
Nokia C7: Running on Nokia Belle
"If I'm helpful in anyway, a click of appreciation on the star would be nice"
Please use plain text.
Sage
bumblebirra

That's bound to change as Feb approaches, not to worry lol
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
donofworld

haha yeah now there is no more "rumors" blog posts about Belle release date or discussions on "conspiracy" theories about why it is delayed!
btw Happy New year to all fellow active members of this thread.....May this new year bring Belle update as soon as possible :smileywink:
Please use plain text.
Sage
RiderX

blitzkid wrote:
Yup! With announcement of a February release, all excitement has died down. No more speculating, no more eager awaiting and certainly no more discussing... Altogether too dull...
We can still speculate: when will Skype be ported to Belle? That will be the earliest day I will give up Anna.
Please use plain text.
Sage
adg82439

[ Edited ]

My Hope is for NOKIA that they use the open programmer capacities while they prolongued Belle to

• IMPROVE the Nokia Suite,
  • the Navigation and
  • add a lot of additional SW Clients like Skype, PoivY or Viber
  • or others until they release Belle.

Would be nice if the at least TRY to listen to the SYMBIAN customers
and stop throwing every Coin out of the window just for advertising MS Wp7.

As rumors say announced carla

will be the last release for the N8/C7/E7 Generation

- it is really necessary to have there worked out all problems

which stayed in pr1.1, 1.2, Anna,Belle - i.e.

• navigation output choice over Bluetooth,
  • included the clients for VOIP and VPN,
  • Full Backup with Nokia Suite and
  • Calendar in Nokia Suite or
  • reactivate PC Suite or
  • Sync wih Lightning
  • etc.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
DeiL

" Damn! We've already waited so long and now?? February? I think by that time I've already bought a new android phone.. Tsk! "

Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga

DeiL wrote:

" Damn! We've already waited so long and now?? February? I think by that time I've already bought a new android phone.. Tsk! "

Remembering of course that February will be the earliest that some people will be getting Belle. It will take several weeks if not months for everyone to get it. But still Feb, is only next month.

Not quite sure why you wold want to buy an andriod to be honest. especially when you consider that it is an open platform, mostly anyway, which is just one of the reason that it is targetted so well by hackers. Which it already is the most hacked phone on the planet.

Also my E7 goes just as fast as most of the andriods including the samsung SII.  

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

Is symbian C available for first generation symbian 3 phones? I thought it was only for phones with 1 GHz and above...
blitZkid
Please use plain text.
Contributor
glenshesk

hiya guys im new to this site:smileyhappy:   i have been using nokia phones as 14years  the ist  7 to 8years nokia couldnt be beat on phones  the one i remember the most was the 3310  nokia sold  125 million of them..   my latest nokia phone is the nokia 701   a brilliant phone on symbian belle  even my fanatic android friends  say its a brill we phone and werew impressed with belle:smileyhappy:  with a system like that  why is nokia  ditching symbian belle on 2016? one of my friends has a lumia 800     horrible phone these big ugly apps on screen   nokia have had their own distinctive home screens since year one.. yes things change  but my opinion    windows wont do them any favours:smileyhappy:  in my 14years with nokia  i  did take a we notion on going to samsung  so i bought the samsung galaxy ace when it come out  mmmmmmmmmmm   4weeks i lasted  lol the battery life awfull  charging some times 2 times aday.  quickly back to nokia...  all my nokia smart phones  with  every day use  nothing heavy  a battery lasts  2  to 3 days. my new 701  ive had 4weeks  a full charge  loads txts  30mins of calls  a  quick go in internet  10mins   im gettting 3days and still bbattery in it....  android sucks battery fast   nokia are the best in hardware  please nokia stick to symbian belle etc   windows a mistake and i cant see the phones selling like symbian  just a few of my personal thoughts on nokia im not a expert or anything:smileyhappy: any comments  questions  will be welcome    thanks

Please use plain text.
Sage
bumblebirra

glenshesk, are you a bus designer by any chance?
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Paul_Grenfell

jraduga ,
[ "Also my E7 goes just as fast as most of the andriods including the samsung SII." ]

I would have to disgree.. My E7 has Belle and yesterday i played with SGS2 and Nexus.. Mate these phones leave E7 for dead with fast smooth UI..
Im not a fan of Andriod myself and much less WP, but unless Nokia come up with a successor to E7/N8 with beefed up performance, they are not going to make an impact on the market aside from WP.. The N9 is a brilliant phone, its a shame they didnt poor more effort into this..
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
donofworld

I agree that N8,E7 and C7 with Belle os look as fast as dual core android phones but should not forget the fact that those dual core power comes in picture while playing graphics intensive games like GTA 3 which we'll never see on our symbian^3 platform or while opening full flash websites or streaming 720p/1080p videos on sgs 2 etc which of course not possible for symbian^3 phones as there is no full flash support
Please use plain text.
Contributor
pavanbabut

Few things that everyone would like that should be resovled by Nokia in their updates

1) Complete voice transfer to whichever the phone is paired to -> Bluetooth/FM transmitter/speakers (By complete I mean the exact same way how it behaves when no external audio devices are connected). It should route audio from all programs (Navigation, Video, Games etc. not just Music player). This will be a huge benefit.

2) External bluetooth GPS receivers support (please bring this feature back) 

3) Better options for calendar syncs (ability to add multiple calendar accounts if any) 

4) Better email client (should be able to sync all accounts properly) 

5) Improve Camera application, basically improve the quality and speed of low level libraries that process the raw sensor data. Add more useable options to camera applications.

6) One annoying thing that always bugs me is, the lag or phone's irresponsiveness/slowness whatever you call it, when you go to applications for the first time after a while.

7) Another annoying thing that I htink needs to be fixed. So my phone is in sleep mode with screensaver showing time or what ever you set it to (the mode that it goes when you lock the phone using slide button on the side on N8). Now you got a call and you answered it by touching the green button and as soon as the call has finished the phone goes to sleep mode (why?!?!), I would like to make a call as soon as I am done with previous call that I received. It can just come out of sleep mode and wait for the specified time before it goes to sleep again.

Hope Nokia listens to these and try to fix these in their soon to be relased version. 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

I guess its difficult to expect all this in the soon to be released version as incorporating all this into it will result in further delay of the release of the update and Nokia wouldn't want to miss the timeline again. May be we can expect these improvements in their later updates as small patches if at all they're even considering incorporation of these improvements.
blitZkid
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
chazey2

[ Edited ]

pavanbabut

1. Agree

2. Agree

3.Agree

4.Never had any problems

5.NA if wanting real quality photos I use quality camera

6.Don't have this problem on my C7

7.I like this feature as I get high numbers of work calls and phone goes back in pocket(no need to worry if locked or not) and how long can it take and how hard can it be to slide the lock/unlock slider down again. It's a phone not NASA's main frame control server!

Please use plain text.