Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Symbian Belle release date

Professor
jraduga

Hi Paul, I am not running Belle on my E7 as of yet. I was only referring to anna on my E7. And whilst the samsung phone may have a faster processor over all, if really does come down to things like the OS and other running applications that will govern how well a phone does on the speed side of things.

Doing many of the basic things with the E7 and with a friend of mine sitting beside me with his samsung doing the same things at the same time. We both felt that my E7 was every bit as faster as his brand new samsung sii (well only a few weeks old at the time). We had previously tested the E7 against his just before we changed to anna and his was so much faster it wasnt funny, but after anna upgrade, no real difference in speed between the phones.

As far as Belle goes, I dont know yet how it will go, I'm not about to install leaked versions or developer versions on this phone. So i will rely on you to advise us on how that version you have works.

Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga

donofworld wrote:
I agree that N8,E7 and C7 with Belle os look as fast as dual core android phones but should not forget the fact that those dual core power comes in picture while playing graphics intensive games like GTA 3 which we'll never see on our symbian^3 platform or while opening full flash websites or streaming 720p/1080p videos on sgs 2 etc which of course not possible for symbian^3 phones as there is no full flash support

Agreed, the poor old N8, E7, C7 etc really dont have the grunt for the graphic intensive games etc, but when you consider it is a Mobile Phone after all. I think it does quite a good job.

As far as flash goes, well its dying a slow death at the moment. With things like html 5 about to become a reality (chrome already supporting it, IE10 soon to be released with be html 5 compatible, safari heading there along with firefox soon), there wont be any need for flash sites any longer. And whilst it will take a little time for sites to re-written,designed, etc, As these browsers begin to roll out we will less and less flash. Adobe even stopped any development on flash player sometime ago. Many youtube type sites that used flash videos have now switched to other players and now mostly use video file in mpeg/avi/dvix formats that can all be streamed quite well. Thats my thoughts anyway. It will be better for Nokia to make sure the browsers are html5 compatible, than to worry about flash. Even many financial institutions in Australia are removing flash from there sites.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

The question now is will Nokia release a browser compatible with html 5? Or will it leave the first generation symbian 3 phone users out in the cold? We'll have to wait and see...
blitZkid
Nokia C7: Running on Nokia Belle
"If I'm helpful in anyway, a click of appreciation on the star would be nice"
Please use plain text.
Advisor
prateek05

Symbian\Nokia Belle will be released in march for updatation not in feb...its very sad...:smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
nguenht

Is it official? where did you get that?..:smileyfrustrated:

sorry for my bad english
nokia 6230 silver > nokia 6670 silver > nokia c6-01 black
Please use plain text.
Sage
adg82439

At least the nokians do not stick on the year,

except for the termination.

They will bring an Update,

maybe the plan goes towards Christmas 2015,

as the last an final update?

Belle is now out for 701, since August 2011?

What the heck is the PROBLEM? :smileymad:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
a340500

Prateek05 - No idea of your source but See below:

Nokia has revealed that the N8, Nokia C7 and Nokia E6 will all get the software in January, bringing them in line with newer Symbian handsets like the Nokia 700.

http://www.techradar.com/news/phone-and-communications/mobile-phones/nokia-n8-to-get-symbian-belle-u...

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
a340500

This one says Feb :

http://www.slashgear.com/nokia-begins-belle-roll-out-updates-from-feb-2012-21203760/

Oh well I personally don't care when it comes so long as its perfect :-)

Please use plain text.
Sage

I really don't know why people continue to speculate. For one Nokia has actually said officially that the roll out will be February. People complain when they don't give information. When they do, people speculate that what they have officially said is not correct. It's February, that's what they have said. February. I'll repeat February.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
prateek05

Ya i know nokia told that they will officially update S^3/anna os phones in feb but i got this news from nokia people only...so it may be true that i will come in march

Please use plain text.
Sage
adg82439

"

This one says Feb :

http://www.slashgear.com/nokia-begins-belle-roll-out-updates-from-feb-2012-21203760/

Oh well I personally don't care when it comes so long as its perfect :-)

"

As it is implausible to expect a perfect Belle Release

I would prefer it on Feb 1st 2012 or earlier
- this gives room for minor updates to fix problems.

The leaked Belle from September 2011 works fine
and need just a lot of small fixes and improvements.

Please use plain text.
Sage
bumblebirra

Actually, the wording is from February onwards, so that could mean anything really.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Paul_Grenfell

[ Edited ]

Well , the "Official" word is "from Feb".. But that could mean many more months delays, especially if Carriers dont approve it quickly. And yes, the Leaked Versions have been working just fine.. Both for the  E7 and N8 .. And have been doing so for many months already.

To add to that, both the N8 and E7 are currently being shipped and sold with Belle installed.. Yep..- So there shouldnt be any more delays eh? No excuses..
If they cant get their act together with the rollout, then stick the Firmware on the servers and let us do it ourselves. Lets not have another Anna debacle

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

Looks like the speculation has started all over again... :-)
blitZkid
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
g_saunak

So, here we are all again fighting and speculating about when we actually get Belle :smileyhappy: The fun is back...

BTW, does anyone has any idea regarding the music player sorting issue? Will this be solved in the upcoming Belle release ????

/t5/Music/Symbian-Anna-Player-not-sorting-correctly/td-p/1115957

This Artiste + Album sorting really frives me crazy....Moreover, for compilation albums, separate albums are created with diffrent artistes and there is no way to select just the album and listen to all of those songs...each time you'll have to change the album (tagged with a diff artiste).....That's insanely annoying....

also it might so happen that I want to listen to diffrent songs from diff albums of the same artist.....but there is no way to do it in the Anna N8 music player.....

I really hope this bug is fixed in the latest version of the Belle that Nokia will be rolling out....

Cheers \m/
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
donofworld

@blitzkid sadly...second part of your post is true
Belle software supports HTML 4.1 not HTML5
and I don't think so first generation of symbian^3 phones will get next software update after Belle because of older hardware
http://www.developer.nokia.com/Devices/Device_specifications/701/
@jraduga
yes HTML5 is the future but still long way to go to fully replace flash
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

Why do I have to be right? :-( HTML 5 would have been great. But guess not...
blitZkid
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
chazey2

Just connected C7 to pc and up pops 'important update to Nokia suite'  In the description it says update Nokia suite to 3.3.75 and upgrade to Nokia Belle. I eagerly start the suite update and install and no Belle up date! Could cry! Deffenitly said 'and upgrade to Belle not 'be ready' or any thing like that.

Gutted.

Please use plain text.
Sage
smjohns

v3.3.75 is a beta version so I am guessing that Nokia will want to check they don't have any major problems with this before they start rolling out such a major update as Nokia (Symbian) Belle.

To be honest I am not sure I am looking forward to Belle as the only phones it has currently been release on have much better specs than the old N8 / C7, etc.....makes me concerned that it will run like a dog....hmmm
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
chazey2

All the online videos I've seen of 8's and 7's running Belle seem to run fine. I would guess the fall down will come for graphic intensive apps games etc where the higher specs would come into play. I've been using beta versions of suite for long time and never had anything like this before, lets hope it's getting near enough to hit the quoted Feb roll out.

Please use plain text.