Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Symbian Belle release date

Advisor
smis2

Symbian Belle release date

[ Edited ]

According to a few blog sites Belle is coming to all  s^3 devices 10/26.

SO the U.S. should after Christmas

Moderator's note: topic changed, as it might be confusing people

Please use plain text.
yatkalam

Re: Symbian Belle coming 10/26

I am using N8 and I desperately looking forward for this update. Is this just a rumour or there is an actual release of Belle for Symbian ^3? Nokia Please clarify the same. Awaiting for your response anxiously.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
timkamat

Belle for symbian 3?Symbian 3 has now already been updated to Anna. And this upcoming belle is an update for Anna.Anyhow all of us just hope to see these "rumours" come true.
In Love With My C6-01:Now running on Nokia Belle!
Please use plain text.
Sage
emceedjcd

The problem with this if it is true, is that the U.S. and Canada as well as a couple of other places still do not even have Anna. First priority, for the Symbian coding team should be to get Anna for all S^3 users. Before this, I heard that Belle would be released sometime close to the end of the year, which would probably put those of us in the U.S. getting it around spring.

Please use plain text.
Sage
jake20

that is not official, its all rumor.. Nokia has not announced anything related to Belle.

And I for one are not gonna get my hopes up yet again, only to have Nokia fail to deliver once again..

when has Nokia ever delivered anything early or even on time?

NEVER..

i will believe it when i see it

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
donofworld

most probably in December or January
"If I'm helpful in anyway, a click of appreciation on the star button would be considered as thanks.....Current phone Nokia Lumia 920
Please use plain text.
Sage
WhiteVanMan

But which year ???.

Nokia E6 (FW:021.014), Unbranded, Sim-Free, Unlocked.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
donofworld

lol fingers crossed but with elop you never know....he may delay it for sales of new belle phones
"If I'm helpful in anyway, a click of appreciation on the star button would be considered as thanks.....Current phone Nokia Lumia 920
Please use plain text.
Ex-employee (retired)
skyee

... and I can already tell you that this one is just a rumour & definitely not happening.

As you all know we are NOT announcing any dates for our software updates in advance. Plus: At the moment our focus first is to get Symbian Anna out to our customers in the US, Canada & Australia. Symbian Belle IS coming - but definitely not on 26th October as some blogs are claiming.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
donofworld

so we have to wait for official announcement...may be during nokia world event?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
timkamat

So this finally brings to rest all the speculations about belle update.We just need to wait till November or December.
In Love With My C6-01:Now running on Nokia Belle!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

Good... Finally we've some clarity... But skyee can you tell us whether Anna is essential for belle update?
blitZkid
Nokia C7: Running on Nokia Belle
"If I'm helpful in anyway, a click of appreciation on the star would be nice"
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
purppleen

skyee wrote:

... and I can already tell you that this one is just a rumour & definitely not happening.

As you all know we are NOT announcing any dates for our software updates in advance. Plus: At the moment our focus first is to get Symbian Anna out to our customers in the US, Canada & Australia. Symbian Belle IS coming - but definitely not on 26th October as some blogs are claiming.

Thank you very much for the info skyee, It's comforting, as all your posts (well... some more than others:smileywink:).

Please use plain text.
Advisor
smis2

Maybe on 11/1.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
toe703

Kids, get your pop corn out, when Belle is delivered, US handsets will suffer the same fate.

Please use plain text.
n8dev

i would like to know when will belle be available to us...plus will the deliver cover all varients at the same day ???

BR
nokia fans n8dev.
Please use plain text.
n8dev

i believe that this is a wise solution that issuing the belle with all varients at the same time!!:squint:

BR,
nokia fans n8dev.
Please use plain text.
Professor
Vangelis290189

Guys make some research before believing every nonsense a blog says . And more important do not post those nonsense rumours . 26/10 is just the nokia world event which is an annual event and doesnt come with fw update or something . its just a showcase - promotion event .

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
donofworld

nokiatweet blog posted that rumor then it was picked up by other blogs including two big heavyweights like gsmarena and mynokiablog so this again proves that blog writers are like news tv channels....without a second thought they just copy paste same info on their blogs
Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga

n8dev wrote:
i believe that this is a wise solution that issuing the belle with all varients at the same time!!:squint:

BR,
nokia fans n8dev.

Whilst it would be nice i this could happen this way. for it to happen would mean the whole world would have to wait until it was developped and approved by everyone. It wont happen. No body else does it this way. And this includes apple.

Please use plain text.