Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Symbian Belle release date

Counsellor
Paul_Grenfell

Re: Symbian Belle release date

[ Edited ]

smjohns
Leaked Bell is running really well on both E7 and N8 .. In fact, much better than Anna.. Even the new Belle Apps are much better..

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

Couldn't agree more with you guys... Belle runs good on first generation symbian 3 phones. Like all, waiting with eagerness for the update. :-)
blitZkid
Nokia C7: Running on Nokia Belle
"If I'm helpful in anyway, a click of appreciation on the star would be nice"
Please use plain text.
Professor
Ztuka

http://http://www.gsmarena.com/belle_update_for_nokia_n8_to_release_shortly-news-3650.php

Nokia 808 again (delight Belle), Nokia E7 and X7 ( again, all on Delight Belle...after some time on Nokia Lumia 925 (retired), 1020 (not that great)and Lumia 820 (Replaced my router at home, great for internet sharing).., N9 The best device ever (use it as much as Lumia 1020), Nokia 700 (Sport Phone/My Love :-) ) Nokia 701, Nokia E6 (Should have a follow-up from Nokia among with larger screen, NFC, Autofocus), Lumia 800 (Retired After 6 weeks), -Sports Tracker-Nokia Internet Radio-Handy Safe-Skype-Bambuser-Screenshot app pro-fMobi-ComingNext-Manual TaskSwitcher-jagiTimer-Easy StopWatch-Boldbeast-Equalizer-Financial Calculator-WiMP Music-YTasks-Davi-Thumbnail Folders-BizCalendar-Tiny7-Situations-nn reeder-Sport Timer-CameraLover-CameraPro-GrabRadio-LiveScore-Poddi-Gravity-SkyFilesPro
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Paul_Grenfell

Thats an old report.. Been flashed on N8 Months ago..
607 has been replaced by version 609 and even that has been flashed on CFW. Old News..
Please use plain text.
Advisor
solarfre

Really excited for the belle update. I hope that we have the belle update before the mwc event.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
chazey2

Just updated Nokia suite to 3.3.84.0 must be getting closer :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Sage
bumblebirra

That Belle polish (or whatever it was) firmware for the N8 that appeared on N***FIRM for a few hours a couple of months ago before it disappeared leaving behind the version release number has now completely disappeared. I wonder if that has any significance?
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Paul_Grenfell

Bumblebirra..
No idea what was behind that Polish Version 607..that
Appeared/Disappeared..on Nokia Servers -but it was just enough time for it to be leaked around the world, and Customised a dozen different ways.
If it wasnt for that leak, i think many N8s would have been well and truly ditched.. Maybe it was deliberate to keep the Geeks happy?
Pity they wouldnt put just one version on their Servers for download regularly, to keep the Tech Heads happy until they organise Official Worldwide releases.. If it wasnt for the leaks, i would have ditched both my N8 and E7.. Flashing leaked Anna on my old N8 ,months before it was Official made it easier to sell.. The Official release channel is way too slow.. Like i said, there is no reason why just one product code couldnt just be placed on servers and let the Geeks have their fun.. (and me)
May just save a lot of frustration and loyal consumers..
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

Its a pity that Nokia has to resort to leaks to keep its customers to itself. The official release channel should be upgraded. I do by all means understand their difficulties but an upgrade of their software release is long due.
blitZkid
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
chazey2

[ Edited ]

Some info! This is not going to start some ranting  for Carla as it could be read two ways :smileysurprised:

http://mynokiablog.com/2012/01/13/nokia-carla-mid-march-for-nokia-603700701-and-some-info-on-belle-f...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
glenshesk

as a nokia user as 18 years  apart from a couple of brief times i tried samsung and andoid  last year.  which i loved android apart from the battery power which is awfull..  but nokia  makes a brill phone.  their used to be  a saying a nokia is idiot proof lol   im no tech freak i call i txt i take a photo  the od ocasion i google sumfin:smileyhappy:  but i see this symbian is to be no more in 2016....  is nokis just going to do windows phones?) ive played with a nephews window phone  and omg  so confusing... in my humble opinion nokia should concentrate on symbian or go to android   i actually now have their 701 in belle....   but if nokia went android id think they would out sell all brands as nokia make a sturdy phone      any comments welcome   thanks

Please use plain text.
Sage
metal_might

belle does come with dramatic improvements over anna.

but will belle resolve the following E7Anna's bugs?

1. log app to log packet data (GPRS & wifi) just like the old symbian devices

2. customize equalizer settings in each preset in the music player

3. email app syncing junk folder in gmail & hotmail

4. notification light for new email as well

any thought? anyone?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Paul_Grenfell

metal_might
1. Belle logs data, but why would you want WiFI?
There are apps that can give more detailed Logs.
Im happy with the default.. All i need.
2. Doesnt worry me
3. Dont need Junk folder sync
4. This i agree with.. There should be Notification Light for Email, same as SMS..
Please use plain text.
Sage

Funny how different people see things differently. I would definitely not want the indicator light to reflect email. I do not need a light that is always flashing. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Sage
bumblebirra

Talking of indicator lights, I wish the white charging LED on the top of my C7 could be put to better use other than just a charging indicator. I dont need indication that my phone is charging connected to the charger! A simple screen indicator would have sufficed to know when my phone is charging and when it's finished charging. I'd like to have the option of making this white LED blink like the menu button does when I get a missed call or text message. When my phone is lying on it's back or when it's inside my slip wallet that would be a really handy feature.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
abdullah0345317

plzz sent me the link symbian belle on nokia c7 plz plz plz

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

Charging light as message indicator, that's a idea to think about.
blitZkid
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
chazey2

Being lucky enough to be in the position of having a spare C7 I  took a chance and just flashed Belle onto my spare C7, wow! it's good :smileyvery-happy:

But I'm so used to the Anna set up I have on the C7 I use daily and know the phone inside out on that set up it has got me thinking do I really want to set up my daily phone and spend time getting to know my way round it again!

Strange I know but it does every thing I need as it is!

Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga

bumblebirra wrote:
Talking of indicator lights, I wish the white charging LED on the top of my C7 could be put to better use other than just a charging indicator. I dont need indication that my phone is charging connected to the charger! A simple screen indicator would have sufficed to know when my phone is charging and when it's finished charging. I'd like to have the option of making this white LED blink like the menu button does when I get a missed call or text message. When my phone is lying on it's back or when it's inside my slip wallet that would be a really handy feature.

I think this would be an excellent idea. what would be even better is if you were able to select from a couple of different options/functions for each indicator.

Please use plain text.
Sage
bumblebirra

Maybe this particular light is controlled by charging electronics and as such it isn't possible to change the way it functions. If this isn't the case then it's surprising how it hasn't already been put to better use.

Another nice idea would be to use the main button LEDs. The red LED for instance could blink when you have a missed call and the green one could flash when you have a new text or email. It could all be made customizable.

Also, I'd like to have the option of regular audible alerts too, which is something I really liked about my old Motorola phone.
Please use plain text.